Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Loc: under a lake in the north...
Getting screwed over from probation
    #6659657 - 03/11/07 08:38 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Here's my situation.

I was over with probation but they had kept me on longer than a year. I had paid all my fines, drug/alcohol classes, DARE, court/probation fees all taken care of and then got a dirty drop for weed.

My lawyer is going to put in a motion for dismissal because they were clearly in the wrong for keeping me several months after I should have been released when the dirty drop occurred. But I don't know exactly what will happen till court on Thursday. I just feel like I have been screwed over and want to get on with my life. Anyone ever been in a similar situation or have input, I would love to hear it. This has draned a lot of money from me and has been going on for several years, way past what I think I deserved for my crime.

I'll post back and let you know my outcome. It sucks that the laws make it so tough for weed, this would never have happened 15 years ago before piss test outrage and the drug war. Thanks for listening.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Getting screwed over from probation [Re: altershroom]
    #6659667 - 03/11/07 08:40 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

That's marijuana prohibition...a very sad fact of life.

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Re: Getting screwed over from probation [Re: daytripper05]
    #6671017 - 03/14/07 11:02 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Well I received 20 days in jail for it. I guess I am an asshole for trying to play the game of pass the drug test. And even if weed were legal like alcohol, it still would have been prohibited for me as I am in a criminal situation. SO I am wrong and the drug laws must be just just like the war on drugs. There must be no clause for having a deep set addiction I guess..it's all about will power and being bad instead of sick. I am just tired of trying to stick up for what rights we have left and will just go silently and quietly along with this mindwashing and lose in the game of "just say no".

--------------------

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Getting screwed over from probation [Re: altershroom]
    #6671035 - 03/14/07 11:07 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Sounds like you got fucked with a shitty lawyer. To be put on probation requires a court order, which normally features wording like "not less than x but not more than y days/months." Without that timing, they could keep you however long they want, so it pretty much has to be in there.

If they kept you beyond that, then they were in violation of the court order.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineSymmetryGroup8
It's about theFLOW!
Male

Re: Getting screwed over from probation [Re: wiggles]
    #6671294 - 03/15/07 12:23 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah that sucks man. It doesn't seem like they can do that, I mean law is law, they can't fucking make up shit like keep you longer...

--------------------
Be like water my friend!

Offlinealtershroom
Earth Cohabitant
Male

Re: Getting screwed over from probation [Re: SymmetryGroup8]
    #6671890 - 03/15/07 08:44 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Well, my lawyer seems pretty sharp. He went over the laws for 30 minutes regarding the clause of "one year" probation, but the prosecutor somehow convinced the judge that they can keep me on because of the DARE program which can sometimes take longer than one year to complete the classes, then we argued that there was no toxicologist and unknown signatures on the urine screen papers. Again the prosecutor convinced the judge that that doesn't matter, that the lab handles thousands of screens a month and it wouldn't be feasible to have the toxicologist present.

I could appeal it which I might, but it would be lengthy and expensive so it probably wouldn't do any good.

This happened in Hamilton County Indiana and it is one of the richest and fastest growing communities in the US. They're policy's are very skewed and almost Nazi like in railroading people into the system to make more money.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag