Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo!
    #6653469 - 03/09/07 04:17 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

So this autoshop told me I needed to get like $1500 - $2000 worth of work done on my engine. My engine has been running kinda shitty since then.

So I save up $6000 and see what my options are.

Pft, all that needed to be done to my engine was the idler pulley needed to be tightened. My car runs like a fuckin dream now. I was tearing ass all over the back roads blasting my system today. Good times.

Anyway, fuck mechanics.

And rock on Ford dealership for being honest trustworthy dudes.

--------------------
:heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: theuser]
    #6653480 - 03/09/07 04:22 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Wow, dealerships are usually the last name in honesty.

I stopped going there when I needed a spanner nut for the locking 4wd hub in my bronco. They wanted $120 for it, but the guy said they could knock it down to $80. :wtf:

I bought one online for $15.

Do your own auto work. You can buy a NICE set of sockets, jack stands, a jack and whatever else you need for around $600-800. Throw in a nice torque wrench for another $75-100 and you can do almost everything that doesn't require pulling a head or rebuilding a transmission.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #6653493 - 03/09/07 04:28 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

I do have a 2 car garage.....

I think I'll look into it.

They charged me $100 for tightening all my pulleys, replacing headlights, a license plate light and a rear turning signal light. They all broke this week, er the lights went out 3 nights ago.

They also gave me a ride to my house and back in a nice car. I guess it's a good dealership. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineJunkFood
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NYC
Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: theuser]
    #6653497 - 03/09/07 04:30 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

So, what are you gonna do with the $6,000 you saved up, now?

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: JunkFood]
    #6653523 - 03/09/07 04:38 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Part of it might go on a deposit on a 350z... finally... and rest to start saving for a house deposit.

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

#6653980 - 03/09/07 07:32 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Anyone else have a mechanic story?

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6653991 - 03/09/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

My buddy works at a Sears and naturally (for some fucked up reason) gets his car serviced at their auto center. Well, he used to. He got an oil change a few months back and about halfway back to his place the check engine like comes on. He drives it back to the garage and it turns out some dumbass there didn't tighten the oil filter all the way. Had he not noticed and made it all the way back to his house (or attempted to) he woulda been looking at a few thousand pound paperweight.

If anything goes wrong with my car the first question I ask is "WTF just happened?!"
The second question I ask is "Can I do it myself"
I don't trust mechanics, and sure as hell not any that work on commission.

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #6653993 - 03/09/07 07:37 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

a 350z eh,not bad...but we have them here around nj too damn much.I see old ladies drive them sometimes..bah.Rather get a 300zxTwinTurbo,much more sleek...and its rare around the roads bro!

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6654018 - 03/09/07 07:45 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Hehe, yes. Personally I love the 350z when I tested one. Also they are known for being pretty god damn reliable.

:smile:

I got my eye on a $18,000 2003 model with 30k miles, silver, enthusiast, manual. $2000 down payment...

--------------------

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #6654648 - 03/10/07 12:06 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

I have to wait 7 hours before I get my first car. It's going to be Ford also.

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
    #6654674 - 03/10/07 12:16 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

theuser said:

My neighbor asks me to work on his car and truck for him the other day. I've worked on a few cars in my day :wink: All in all, the work took about 4 hours and he bought all the parts. He wanted to know what he owed me and of course I told him nothing. I thought it was the right thing to do. :crazy2: The next day he comes down to my place with a card that has a hand written message inside and a 57 piece Craftsman 3/8 ratchet set. I should also add that he stood and watched me work for 4 hours. He stayed with me the entire time. He said that he noticed that my ratchet wasnt working that well and he thought that he'd get me a new one. He is right, mines a Snap-On and it works.. but its shot. In the card it says how we should hang out more since our kids are friends and basically thanking me for helping him out. I'm wondering if this is some type of gay pick up deal or something. I mean common... why dude gets another dude a card and some tools for working on his junk? Kinda not the norm I would figure. Since most of the PUB can spot a fag a mile away, is this guy fruity or what?

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: California]
    #6654723 - 03/10/07 12:40 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Oregon said:
Quote:

theuser said:

My neighbor asks me to work on his car and truck for him the other day. I've worked on a few cars in my day :wink: All in all, the work took about 4 hours and he bought all the parts. He wanted to know what he owed me and of course I told him nothing. I thought it was the right thing to do. :crazy2: The next day he comes down to my place with a card that has a hand written message inside and a 57 piece Craftsman 3/8 ratchet set. I should also add that he stood and watched me work for 4 hours. He stayed with me the entire time. He said that he noticed that my ratchet wasnt working that well and he thought that he'd get me a new one. He is right, mines a Snap-On and it works.. but its shot. In the card it says how we should hang out more since our kids are friends and basically thanking me for helping him out. I'm wondering if this is some type of gay pick up deal or something. I mean common... why dude gets another dude a card and some tools for working on his junk? Kinda not the norm I would figure. Since most of the PUB can spot a fag a mile away, is this guy fruity or what?

Ya, thats a little gay.  But one acceptable gift from guy to guy is a tool(ya, thats a gay pun too, but unintentional).

Also, you should be concerned about him to begin with since he can't work on his own car. Hehe.

You know, anytime i've fixed one of my male friend's cars, they are way thankful and want to give me money, beer, ect.  They especially remember it next time my crappy car breaks down.  But it seems that everytime i fix a chick's car, i get little thanks.  A kiss on the cheek, then she doesn't ever remember the favor later on.  If girls weren't so cute, i'd never fix one of their cars agian.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: Nephlyte]
    #6654746 - 03/10/07 12:51 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

I can change tires and spark plugs... that sort of thing.

I get nervous I'm going to fuck something up past that point...

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

#6654748 - 03/10/07 12:52 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Maybe I could learn...

--------------------

OfflineNephlyte
Misfortunate One
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #6655264 - 03/10/07 09:25 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Just get a chiltons on your car and pretend to be making 40 dollars or more an hour.

--------------------
"To do right is to know what you want. Now when you are dissatisfied with yourself it's because you are after something you don't really want. What objects are you proposing to yourself? Are they the objects you really value? If they are not, you are cheating yourself. I don't meant that if you chose to pursue the objects you most value, you will attain them; of course not. Your experience will tell you that. But success in getting after much labor what you really don't care for is the bitterest and most ridiculous failure." -George Santayana

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: Nephlyte]
    #6655281 - 03/10/07 09:34 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Just find a friend whos a gearhead,pretty soon I'm going to teach myself how to change a clutch on a manual transmission :grin:

Oh yeah and for anyone who wants to clean up their fuel system and have better throttle response buy some seafoam

made my car run way better,heres a video of me doing the work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdHCgnPVaas
cleans off all the carbon deposits making the car blow all that shit out through the exhaust.

Edited by Liquid_Dimension (03/10/07 09:39 AM)

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

Re: Mechanics, fucking scam artists, but they didn't get me!! Wooo! [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6655993 - 03/10/07 03:18 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I don't want to break shit on accedent. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6655999 - 03/10/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I'm the same way,but hey..you gotta jump in there.

--------------------

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery

#6656025 - 03/10/07 03:26 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Maybe I should start with brakes... I think those are suppose to be simple enough...

I'll need to buy a toolkit and a toolbox... ya I don't even have those really :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #6656046 - 03/10/07 03:31 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

replacing brake pads is so easy it's retarded.

take wheel off, unclip pad, reclip new pad, put wheel on.

Screwdriver and your car's lug wrench.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals