Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
The War On Terror
    #6652977 - 03/09/07 01:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

We'll definitely, collectively look back at this period of time in regards to our administration and our politics and consider ourselves to have been in a sort of Dark Ages. "The War On Terror" is the most ridiculuous concept I have ever heard of. The United States patrolling the countries of the world in order to murder religious extremists there? :lol: :rolleyes:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The War On Terror [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6653157 - 03/09/07 02:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, after 9-11 I was all for Bush going after the people who attacked us- so was most of the country. He peaked standing on that fire truck at Ground Zero. Then he squandered the goodwill of the American people and the world by attacking a country which had no ability or will to attack us. At that point I sat back and went WHOA! This is about something else. Hmmm..He lost me and a lot of other people then.

I for one would like to know why people are always "declaring war" against things we can never defeat. We had a "War on Poverty" at one time. Anyone remember that one? I mean poverty will always be with us.

War on Drugs

War on Illiteracy

War on Cancer

Now the War on Terror. As long as a handful of people have guns there will always be guerilla warfare. It can never be eliminated completely. So why declare war on it then? Because it is an effective mobilizing slogan that allows the government to concentrate power while framing anyone opposing them as traitors. In a war you are either for us or against us. Remember that one?

War is the health of the State which is why we have to have a good war every few years to preserve our parasitic leader class' hold on power. Even better is a war without end. Perfect.

The "war on terrorism" is a war of conquest. 9-11 provided the perfect justification for waging a war without borders. Cheney's agenda consists of extending the frontiers of the American Empire to facilitate complete U.S. corporate control while permanently installing inside America the institutions of the Homeland Security State.

I have heard people on FOX news actually say with a straight face, "This is a fight for our civilization." Bullshit. Like Osama is going to make a landing in New York city and take over the country. He's fighting a guerilla war, people- hello?? The rationale for this war crumbles under the least bit of rational scrutiny. Which is probably why the main allies of the administration are religious evangelicals who have parked their brains in the permanant OFF position.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineHix
Animal Mother
Male

Re: The War On Terror [Re: zorbman]
    #6653193 - 03/09/07 02:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Let's just hope that we will actually be able to look back on this in our lifetime.

Kinda sad when people are crossing-fingers that a war will be over in 30 years.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The War On Terror [Re: Hix]
    #6653254 - 03/09/07 02:57 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i heard bush on tv say the other day,

"the war might have started on my watch, but its gunna end on yours"

thats pretty shitty thats saying it won't end till i die...bush don't lie about shit like that either you best believe it.

then i read H.clinton said she is going to stop this "spending" then goes on to say she is going to make sure the troops are properly supplyed in the same sentence.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The War On Terror [Re: Hix]
    #6654706 - 03/10/07 12:32 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Kinda sad when people are crossing-fingers that a war will be over in 30 years.

It doesn't serve the purpose of the Cheney administration to wrap this war up any time soon! Why do you think they have put so little effort into locating Osama Bin Laden- even letting him off the hook at Tora Bora? War is the health of the State. And a permanent war equals a permanant state. Here, I'll do a Republican style Talking Point for you:

War is the Health of the State.

Okay. There went your soundbites. Read on if you are a dedicated truth-seeker:

http://struggle.ws/hist_texts/warhealthstate1918.html

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #6655118 - 03/10/07 07:59 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with you. In reality (not the world of political rhetoric) you cannot have a war on an emotion resulting from a tactic (terrorism is a tactic used to generate terror). The 'war on terror' does not have a metric of success nor no chance of success. It is designed to be open ended and used as a justification for the further trampling of our liberties and the enrichment of those who prey on the fears of the compliant masses. Que bono? For all political machinations, indeed, for any crime, a reasonable man, a man committed to understanding truth must ask, 'who benefits?'

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #6655376 - 03/10/07 10:23 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
We'll definitely, collectively look back at this period of time in regards to our administration and our politics and consider ourselves to have been in a sort of Dark Ages. "The War On Terror" is the most ridiculuous concept I have ever heard of. The United States patrolling the countries of the world in order to murder religious extremists there? :lol: :rolleyes:

What would propose that America do in response to being attacked?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The War On Terror [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #6655556 - 03/10/07 11:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Not waste its resources in futile attempts... focus inward and strengthen and invest in itself...

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinedjnoktirnal
Ponderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: the psychabyss
    #6655590 - 03/10/07 12:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

our govt. could protect us (if we needed it) from within our borders without a single serviceman/woman overseas if they wanted to. But it would be less money for the US govt as well as those of other nations. We have been sold into slavery from birth; our great government's attempt to balance it's books the backdoor way. If you trace the tangled web there is one conclusion. The Constitution is no longer the Law of the Land. And those who make the laws are a minority interested only in money and power, they don't concern themselves with such petty issues as slave's (our) rights or freedom. We have to stop letting politicians/media divert our attention to other issues that divide the people. If we had freedom, those issues would be moot.

When will we all unite to rise up and take back our freedom?

sorry for rambling.

--------------------
WWJDWWMD's?

What Would Jesus Do With Weapons of Mass Destruction?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #6655625 - 03/10/07 12:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

That's a rather ambiguous answer.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: The War On Terror [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #6655635 - 03/10/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A lot of the measures have already been taken, without the need of a war. Improved security in public transportation settings, for example. Why the need of some bullshit war, when that money could be spent building our economy and our education, our health care? Wow, some morons somewhere over the seas want to have war with us, and a few of them manage to sneak through our safety net and fly a plane into a building. They want war and they bring us to give them war. Woo-hoo.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale