Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBabylon2012
I eat cantaloupes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Keeping my babe shrooms alive!
    #6642511 - 03/06/07 06:08 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Quick info:

Strain - Cambodian
Setup - Mycodome from www.mycodome.com
Actual temperature - around 77F
Actual humidity level - 21% (highest!)
Stage: Fruiting
Problem: humidity level

Hey everyone. I am seeking for help with my mycodome. I had problems during colonization, the cakes jammed at around 75%. So I decided to birth them and see what happens. I already have a few pins so I'm very hesitant to dunk my cakes.

The problem I have right now is about humidity and the air pump. I do not understand quite well how the air pump helps produce humidity. The air pump is connected to a tube that goes in the middle of the geolite tray (here I am not too sure if the tube must be placed under the water, submersed in geolite or just simply over (must it produce bubbles?). Over that is my fruiting tray, on which lays my cakes. I do not see condensation on the dome and the reader indicates 21% which is far too low for those cakes to produce mature mushrooms, from what I understand.

So what are my options now?
1) Adding water to the geolite?
2) Rearranging how my air pump is set?
3) Misting?
4) Thrash the cakes, thrash that mycodome, burn it and make a new, more customizable setup?

My feeling is that my air pump is not well set. I don't see why it would help raise humidity in there. Seems to me it's just pushing a bit of air under the fruiting tray. It's not like it is making the water evaporate!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I know, I shouldn't have bought that cheap plastic junk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWee
Stranger
Male

Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: Babylon2012]
    #6642620 - 03/06/07 06:31 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Misting the walls of the dome should increase the humidity, but in any case birthing incomplete cakes is asking for all sorts of nasty contams :shrug:

OfflineMrCubensis
shut em down!
Male User Gallery

Loc: some where in the ocean
Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: Wee]
    #6642637 - 03/06/07 06:37 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

like what WEE said, but also the airpump should be under the geolite, if im correct the air pump pumps fresh air into the dome (which is a must, for shrooms, and stale non moving air causes mold and contams,
i am not to fimiliar with the mycodome only from reading about it a lot (wanted to buy it, for the easy way out lol) but yeah mist walls and put the bubbler under the geolite let us know how that goes, if you HAVE to birth un colonized cakes cut the parts with uncolonized substrate off ...

pm me if you have any more question
Good luck

--------------------

"The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, Creates the rule"

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/

OfflineBabylon2012
I eat cantaloupes
Male User Gallery

Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: MrCubensis]
    #6642757 - 03/06/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

I'm gonna glue that tube underwater and continue misting. I mist this morning but the RH level didn't rise a bit. We'll see what happens. I don't put much faith into that though. I just don't understand how humidity can accumulate in that dome. Grr. I'm a bit desperate at this point. Growing is much tougher than I expected! It's lots of fun, though. :smile:

OfflineMrCubensis
shut em down!
Male User Gallery

Loc: some where in the ocean
Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: Babylon2012]
    #6642791 - 03/06/07 07:16 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

well im glad to see you have the thrive to not give up!

if your stuck on last options try perlite in the thing, if that doesnt work(which its not gonna be a miracle just an alternatve) try to keep them there and make your own FC you can find simple cheap FC setups in either the FAQ or in here, idk if he made a tek on it or just a thread, but RogerRabbit has good Advice, and a kick ass FC setup! check it out

--------------------

"The Golden Rule: He who has the gold, Creates the rule"

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/

Invisiblefarva86
I dont want alarge farva. Iwant aleeder-a-cola
Male

Loc: MIddle of Nowhere, AR
Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: MrCubensis]
    #6642860 - 03/06/07 07:33 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

here u go for RR's FC. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6636099/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1 u can build this for under $15 easy. a tub that size(106 qt i think) at waltmart is about $10. i think my 58qt was $4.97 and $5-6 for should get u enough perlite for ~2" layer in the bottom and that will get ~93-97% RH. RR uses ~4" perlite i think but his is a big ass tub.

--------------------
Eddie Money doesn't have to put up with this shit.
The wonder has a name: shrooms.

OfflineBabylon2012
I eat cantaloupes
Male User Gallery

Re: Keeping my babe shrooms alive! [Re: farva86]
    #6643159 - 03/06/07 08:41 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah I think that's what I am going to do. The mycodome is not the ideal fruiting chamber (nor it is the ideal incubator, IMO). I will build one myself for my next jars.

I'll just do my best to raise the RH in the mycodome for those two cakes and see what will happen.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix