Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Multispore Germination in 48hr
    #6638629 - 03/05/07 05:55 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

I recently started a few BRF/Coir/Verm Jars. 40ml Coir/35 ml BRF/50ml Verm Was the exact mixture. I injected these jars 4pm March 3rd with a multispore syringe of an Amazonian Strain called "New Moon" from earthstongue.com

From what I read most spores take at least 4-7 days to germinate. But with these I can visibly see my jars about 10-20% colonized already. After 48hr! I was wondering how uncommon this is. I am using an incubator but even then I didnt think this was possible with most spores. Although I did use about 3ml of spores in each jar which is a little more than I usually do. I was just wondering why they germinated so fast and if I'm on to something here? I mean I've had jars injected with LC that havn't colonized this fast.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Multispore Germination in 48hr [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #6638727 - 03/05/07 06:21 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

sounds more like a contam to me then myc.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Multispore Germination in 48hr [Re: coda]
    #6638808 - 03/05/07 06:35 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
sounds more like a contam to me then myc.

Agreed. It takes more than 48 hours after germination to become visible to the naked eye.

In addition, we had another grower of these 'new moon' renames in the last day or two, and his pictures were definitely mold. Good luck on getting your money back. ET is famous for bad service. It's why they're not a vendor here.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

#6639073 - 03/05/07 07:15 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Agreed it seems more likely that this is the case but I checked it under my mini-scope @ 100x's magnification and I'm pretty sure its myc. I could be wrong. I'll try to get some pics for you guys if possible. I'll check them tomorrow and see how the rate of growth is and let you all know.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6639119 - 03/05/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Cobweb and trichoderma produce mycelium too.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Multispore Germination in 48hr [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6639166 - 03/05/07 07:34 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Would making a liquid culture be a better alternative? Maybe injecting some H2O2? What do u suggest RR? The last syringe I got from them was alright although this one is (amz) looks nothing like it. This syringe I'm speaking of is filled completely with black fluid and spores. It seemed kinda fishy to me? After emailing ET about this they said they usually have visual signs of germination within 48-72 hours? Could this be a bogus claim or some kind of strain anomaly?

ADDITION
Just to describe the look. On the sides of the jar you can easily see the where the spores were injected and sat waiting to germinate. On the outsides of the spore concentrations is where I'm getting grow. In one of the jars the growth is upwards, it looks very much like healthy shroom myc. The veins are "spidery" not straight. Very fluffy (almost cloud looking) very very similar to the healthy myc. I've worked with in the past. Also its extremely white. In areas where the spore concentrations are farther down inside the jars the growth is uniform in all directions keeping the same look.

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (03/05/07 07:39 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6639177 - 03/05/07 07:37 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

You might try it on agar. A very dark syringe is a sure sign of someone with no idea what they're doing. There are always a few contaminant spores on a print, so the more spores you use, the more contaminats you also use. Since molds germinate faster than mushroom spores, they overwhelm the substrate. ET has the second worst reputation in the business, so don't expect much.

It's easy to isolate away from contamiants on agar.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Multispore Germination in 48hr [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6639189 - 03/05/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

THANX FOR ALL UR HELP RR YOUR THE MAN:thumbup:

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#6639315 - 03/05/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

dude, earthstongue.com is a fucking ripoff. i'm sad to say they are based out of my beautiful city of San Antonio. go with a sponsor next time and won't be disappointed - and if you are, they will promptly remedy your situation

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Re: Multispore Germination in 48hr [Re: Optx]
    #6642342 - 03/06/07 05:39 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

So I used 3% H2O2 and injected the "suspect" growth. I heard it explained that most cobweb molds and bacteria will basically dissolve on contact with h2o2. The stuff I'm describing was for the most part unaffected by the h2o2, it reacted in a way that I can only describe as "pushed down" off the side of the jar but the area actually on the substrate was unaffected.

--------------------

General Omar N. Bradley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures