Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Loc: P.N.W.
Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer
    #6636367 - 03/05/07 12:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone find any of them stuntzii's growing arround in those grass patches yet? eh? Seattle area heads up cuz I have a feeling that their going to be pinning up everywhere in the next few days. sooooooo yo yo yo. wussup all you pnw'ers
PWN got power!
Yea Yea Holla trippin on stuntzii's in the near future if you get out there. and share your spots, and dont pick the lil ones cuz thats bad.
Get what you can get and share with a buddie, cuz God knows this worlds comming to an end soon and we must enjoy our dreams. Well peace out yall, and you stay in them patches and dont let the copz see you.
for sure.

--------------------
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" -Pink Floyd.
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: trevorda8]
    #6636640 - 03/05/07 02:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

.... It is still Winter.  :confused:

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: CureCat]
    #6636783 - 03/05/07 06:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Curecat,

Blue Ringers, (P. stuntzii, P. fimetaria and P. sierrae) can grow and have been picked all year long in the Seattle area.

I even have posts here from various years in Feb and March and April where blue ringers are common, but now they are more in suburban areas than in the city. Much of the pasture lands are disappearing making way for one-story non-polluting buildings and warehouses.

mj

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6637168 - 03/05/07 10:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

mjshroomer - The title of the thread is "Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer". It is Winter.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #6637190 - 03/05/07 10:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I too saw the title of the thread, buthe is asking innt he next few days.

Again, they can grow in lawns all year long and in pastures. IT is in the fall months, later September through December when they appear in mulch beds

mj

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6637212 - 03/05/07 10:53 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Okay guys.
One thing to have a discussion, another thing to post it over various threads.

Thanks to both of you for helping with identifications, your both appreciated very much i would say myself.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: blacksun]
    #6637323 - 03/05/07 11:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey now! please note that I was not the first to address mjshroomer.

I was explaining my confusion to trevorda8, with his thread title versus the current month, since he predicts pinning in the next few days.

I am not sure the reason mjshroomer addressed me in relation to the months that stuntzii fruit.

I am by no means, trying to drag debate from one thread into others.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #6637358 - 03/05/07 11:50 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

okay sorry im not paying attention.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: blacksun]
    #6637388 - 03/05/07 12:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting the weather. In Seattle it is spring. WE pick pn. subbs at riding stables in Feb and March. My post here was in regards to the fact that P. stuntzii grows all year long in this are wheter it is summer spring or fall. WE were not arguing.

mj

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
    #6638481 - 03/05/07 05:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

John, give me a call if you want to go looking for subbs. I just want to get some pictures, I don't care about picking, so you can take any we find.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6638609 - 03/05/07 05:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

GRRRR. Had me all excited to see some P. Stuntzi pics. :sad:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinehyp3rcrav3
Stranger
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: sui]
    #6641876 - 03/06/07 03:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It should be good for the next few days in some places here around Seattle. (HI, MJAshroomer. You'd know me if you saw me.) Seattle and the surrounding suburbs are over picked. The obvious places are decimated by idiots who have no respect for the mycelia. Places that ought to produce for years are destroyed in one. Cultivators who take spore prints should play 'Johnnie Appleseed' (or should I say spore cloud') to prevent species loss. (For that matter Azurescens could be naturalized to the Seattle area, couldn't it?)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: hyp3rcrav3]
    #6645126 - 03/07/07 12:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

First i would like to say that the disappearance of shrooms form the area is not from over picking, although truging a patch by ripping mulch from beds for transplants does inhibit an area where they could grow for several years.

The stop-usage of fertilizers in lawns by landscapers and business, and the disappearance of clear cuts for alder and pasture lands for manured fertilizers helps lose a lot of P. stuntzii lawn varieties int he region. many pastures are being sold at the Tukwilla and Woodinville areas. Two places where spores for Baeos, and blue ringers are often obtained from.

This is what causes the shrooms to move to suburban areas, where fertilizers are used on new lawns on condos, apartments, office buildings and new restaurants with lawns.

Business usually use fertilizers for a few years and then stop lawn service and use their own employees to do lawn work.. Once the fertilizers are stopped being used in known patchs, the shrooms slowly disappear.

And another point. I have collected in areas where there were dozens of lawns with blue ringers for over a twenty year period. I have crawled on these lawns on my hands and feet and on my knees and then onto lawns looking where none grew in the same area. A block og sidewalk blue ringers and then a block with no blue ringers and then more with. Finally after numerous years of viewing these habitats on a semi daily basis, I want to report that none of the lawns which never had shrooms, ever produced any form spores I most assuredly had on my shoes and knees when trompin'
through the are.

mj

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia
    #6646606 - 03/07/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

just wondered if we would be the same here in the southern bc region. MJ---i believe you had mentioned in one of your writings you had found something in stanley park in vancouver but i wonder if our climate and regional weather are closely enough matched to seattles to make it the same. i have never looked seriously, preferring to go with the liberty caps at the same places year after year, but am bored of cultivation and just wonder if youMJ, the ultimate mushroom authority in this region, could tell me if Im wasting my time looking for stuntzi.

Offlinetrevorda8
My home isearth.
 User Gallery

Loc: P.N.W.
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: Libertycapper]
    #6653987 - 03/09/07 07:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yea well it may not be summer yet, but those stuntzii's are surely poppin up in their locations at most -this time of year. Any pictures we could share in the database? Yea pictures are fun to look at, and they provide newbies with a clear vision of what a habatat looks like, so they dont end up sad ant the end of the day.
And no muchrooms hunter should be sad. thats shabby.
I declare that stuntzii are popping up where theres best in spots, this time of year, and there should be a thread of them in these fourms. haleighuha!

--------------------
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" -Pink Floyd.
Memories make up our lifes as we know it. Our souls are lost between time and space.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Yo yo. PNW Stuntzii summer [Re: Libertycapper]
    #6654583 - 03/09/07 11:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

HEre are some beauties. This P. stuntZii section is incomplete but the lawn ones are there and the blue ones are there. Cool photos.

Remember also that P. sierrae and P, fimetaria are also similar to P. stuntzii and they too are blue ringers. They can even grow next to each other and sometimes there are P. baeocystis in the same lawns with the others.

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/psilocybestuntzii1.htm

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale