Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinep14y80y
 User Gallery
Loc: New York
Any ideas weird combo
    #6626791 - 03/02/07 12:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This is only my 2nd try and well out of about 25-30 jars or so only 2 made it ok so far be casing them in a day or so. I have a few that never did anything?, then a few that had green, and a few with myc and green and then a few with yellow, green, and myc, they were all done the same time all done the same way but using different syringes. I waited at least a 3-4 weeks just to see what else would happen, once I seen I had only 2 that were starting to colonize with no bacteria I was really disappointed and just left them alone for another week at least and then decided to take the pics so the pics here after a time that I shouldn't have waited because I know they should have been thrown out right away, but the good thing is I did this in a friends place so and well wont be there again especially after reading about leaving contam-ed jars in your house for a period of time might lead to never having healthy jars again.

A few things I think could have happen which being my 2nd time not sure what think and prevent for next time.
- I didn't flame needles after each use before capping them
- rye seed might not have been organic
- I ordered the needles from ebay like a fool, but 2 were OK?

any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Any ideas weird combo [Re: p14y80y]
    #6626891 - 03/02/07 01:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

normal like nothing happened

wet or looks like water got it some how

green and white

green, yellow, and white

green, yellow, white

green

yellow, white, ??

1 of the 2 survivors

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #6627620 - 03/02/07 10:29 AM (17 years, 30 days ago)

I can look at your grains and tell you that you need to PC longer and rinse and drain them before pcing.

Get that crap out of your house! Isolate those two jars and start preping up some more grains so you can save those jars with a g2g.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Re: Any ideas weird combo [Re: Civ]
    #6627733 - 03/02/07 11:09 AM (17 years, 30 days ago)

You need to soak the grain for 12-24 hrs BEFORE PCing the jars.

It does not matter if the grain is organic.

--------------------

Offlinep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Any ideas weird combo [Re: CureCat]
    #6630698 - 03/03/07 04:32 AM (17 years, 30 days ago)

I did soak them for roughly 27hours, the color of the water didnt change much so I thought my rye was bad or not organic. This is what I did, exaclty like this. I didnt use any gloves or clean anything while doing this because I figured sense it was going to be PC'd didnt matter, maybe I was wrong. I fill the jars about 2.5/4 to 3/4's way and put only enough water in them to have some of the rye float, waited about 27hrs and then took them upstairs and put them all in a strainer and rinsed with extremely hot water. Then I put them in the cooker w/o the lid on because I did alot and biggest thing was the 22qt PC, used it w/ no lid to boil/simmer from about 45mins. Then I put then back in the rinsed jars and back in the PC and used it at 15psi for 1hr. Not sure if anything in between could have happen, I really am just starting to think more and more I ended up with bunk needles.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6630869 - 03/03/07 08:08 AM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Molds in jars are almost always introduced at inoculation. That can be from dirty needles, which should ALWAYS be flame sterilized before use and between jars, or from contaminated solution.

Read up on sterile procedure for a few days while you wait for new spores to arrive from a genuine vendor.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules