Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Prozac and mushrooms
    #6597294 - 02/22/07 01:19 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Ok, so my friend wants to try mushrooms and i found out she's taking prozac for depression. Now i know people who are depressed aren't usually the perfect candidate for tripping but she really wants to. What i want to know is what are the effects of doing this or should i completely talk her out of it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: PreparationH]
    #6597412 - 02/22/07 01:56 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Personally I wouldn't feel safe giving mushrooms to someone who takes medication to moderate their mood. However, I don't know this person and they could perhaps be able to handle themselves well. I believe prozac works as an antagonist and limits the effects of the drug though.

--------------------

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: MorphMan]
    #6597624 - 02/22/07 02:49 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

My friend has a mental illness of somekind. It started couple of years ago. He started to loose contact with reality. He become quieter each day, until he just tripped (me and my friends always were hiking in nature or just tripped around) along, smoked a lot of weed and never said a word, unless he wanted a cigarette or someone asked him something (usually the answer was "I don't know). Often he forgot where he was or what he supposed to do. He was on somekind of anti-depressants while tripping shrooms first time. We were all laughing and having good time playing "tekken 3" on playstation1, but he looked really sad. In the middle of the trip he simply left and went home. Some time later he was putted to mental hospital, where he stayed for couple of months. When he got out at first he was healthier than before he got there. He was also on harder drugs. and started doing ecstasy a lot. It was in the beginning of summer. At the end of the summer he was completely fucked up. He didn't stand any drugs or alcohol. One beer was enough to get him so fucked up, he lost all touch with reality, sometimes he just looked on the ground and couldn't raise his head, sometimes he got active and just started to move around and talk random words, usually he just sit or stood in one position, saying nothing. He held on like this until last autumn, when he tripped 2 heavy doses of liberty caps. After that he was putted to mental-hospital again for 4 months. He got out about month ago and I can tell he will never be okay.
EDIT: Last summer he used drugs that were meant for injecting to craziest schizophrenics who had seizure to put them to sleep. Only he got it as pills.

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Edited by kummitussai (02/22/07 02:51 PM)

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: Individual]
    #6597831 - 02/22/07 03:34 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

Prozac + diagnosed depressive individual + shrooms = bad idea.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: Individual]
    #6597850 - 02/22/07 03:36 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

I would not make the connection between the fellow on incredible schiz meds with a prozac user that only has OCD or a bit of depression.

if there is a strong and wakeful interest which is the very life force itself - it can be affirmed. Just be moderate with your dose and actions. moderation is also the target of the medication.

go carefully and return with grace.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFenir
Stranger
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6598326 - 02/22/07 05:02 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

As far as I know, SSRIs (like prozac) and shrooms are not a chemically/physically dangerous combination; though, she may freak out from looking too hard at her problems. My advice would be to make the setting as comfortable as possible for her - it helps more than you can imagine.

Edited by Fenir (02/22/07 05:05 PM)

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: Fenir]
    #6598774 - 02/22/07 06:23 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

I've taken zoloft with 1 hit of the mad hatter blotter acid and tripped my fucking ass off... but thats just me... and that's acid...

--------------------

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: UncleLuke]
    #6599251 - 02/22/07 07:45 PM (17 years, 29 days ago)

I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia a while back, and now I have recovered. I can handle pychodelics. Even though I can't spell them. :laugh:

I was on antipyschotics, but been off of those for a while, now just taking anti depressants, and they are told to reduce the effect of most pycodelics, altough I can't confirm this in my case becaue I've never taken any while not on medication.

But if they person is stable, they should be fine.

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Prozac and mushrooms [Re: PreparationH]
    #6601028 - 02/23/07 06:14 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

For a while I was on anti-depressants and was shrooming pretty regularly. I never had any problems, in fact I credit shrooms for getting me off of the meds. Once I was off the meds I did notice one important thing about shrooming -- it takes a lot less shrooms to achieve the same effect (same batch of shrooms, mind you) when the meds are out of your system than when you are currently on the meds.

Ergo, in my case taking anti-depressants means I had to take more shrooms to get the effect. Still, it was no real problem but then again I am neither schizophrenic or bi-polar. In those 2 cases I would caution against tripping -- no one wants the "Syd Barrett effect".

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies