Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVladimir
Urban Hobbyist
Worth a try? BRF jars resurrected.
    #6594032 - 02/21/07 02:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier posts. So my first attempt at growing has ended in abject failure. Almost.

Started with around 30 jars, 4 strains. All of them stalled, maybe three weeks in, due to temperature and/or gas exchange issues. No signs of contamination, I'm fairly certain.

It has been a month and a week since inoculation. About ten days ago, I flipped the jars and fixed the temp issue. All but four of the jars, no change. They're toast, it seems.

Four jars of Golden Teacher, however, have been growing fluffy, brilliantly white new mycellium.

If they end up covering the rest of the BRF mix, do you think it's worth trying to pin and fruit them? Or is it likely that the mycellium inside the cake (old) is dead and that the cakes won't fruit?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Worth a try? BRF jars resurrected. [Re: Vladimir]
    #6594114 - 02/21/07 03:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

if the myc fully colonizes the cake its obviously not dead. get them to 100% and spawn a small bulk tray.

--------------------
----------

OfflineVladimir
Urban Hobbyist
    #6594151 - 02/21/07 03:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yep--it's the "fully colonizes" part I'm not so sure about. That's the part that makes it less than obvious. The new growth has begun on the outside of the cakes. I have no idea what's up with the colonized but stalled BRF on the inside. That's what I'm asking--whether I'm going to end up with an outer layer of viable myc and a dead cake in the middle, and if so, what, if anything, it is likely to produce, mushroom-wise.

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
    #6594489 - 02/21/07 04:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think that the mycelium would die, unless it became either very hot or very dry. I didn't read your other post, so I wouldn't know.

I would recommend taking Odium33's advice.

If you just fruit the cakes, there is no way for us to give you any sort of accurate guessing in accordance with your cake issue, since it isn't known if any of the mycelium is dead, if it is all still alive, how dry the cake is, etc.

If you do indeed spawn to a bulk substrate, answers are possible, but once again depends on how much spawn, what type of spawn, conditions of fruiting, etc.

In short, we don't have enough information to tell you yield-wise one way or the other.

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #6594833 - 02/21/07 06:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

just make sure they dont look like this...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds