Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Attempting to re-innoculate
    #659141 - 06/02/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine innoculated 1/2 pint jars and a grow bag. Noticing no growth in either its obvious the syring is to blame. I was wondering if it is possible to innoculate these same jars and grow bag with another syringe?

Thanks

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebassplayer74
old hand

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Attempting to re-innoculate [Re: LaCasta]
    #659187 - 06/02/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It's risky.

How long has it been since innoculation?

Keep in mind, its possible for it to take 3 weeks till you see growth.

And, its not "obvious" that the syringe is to blame. Was your substrate sterilized properly? Did you wait for it to COMPLETELY cool before you innoculated?

--------------------
If you will it, it is no dream.

OfflineLaCasta
Beyond Good andEvil

Loc: Chicago
Re: Attempting to re-innoculate [Re: bassplayer74]
    #659218 - 06/02/02 02:14 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The jars and bag were innoculated five days ago with a solution called theKeeper's Brew With this you are suppose to see mycelium growth within 24-72 hours and supposedly reduce the colonization time. So i assumed that it was bunk considering how long its taken and both the bags and jars show no sign of growth.

--------------------

"Memories of high speeds when the cops crash, As I laugh pushin the gas while my glocks blast" -RIP Tupac

OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

#659259 - 06/02/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Did you see mycelial growth in your keeper's brew? I have never used the brew but from what I'm understanding, the brew promotes mycelial growth inside the jar. Then you innoculate your jars with the mycelial growth. I think that's how it is supposed to work, but I'm not sure. So if there was no growth in your brew you might not get growth in your jars or bag. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE Michigan
    #659359 - 06/02/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I had a similar problem with 3 bags, the syringe used was not viable. After a few weeks with no signs of growth, mycelial or contams, I re-innoculated with a viable syringe. I had very good luck the second time. I used a minimal amout of solution the second time because I did not want to make the bags too wet inside.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate