Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Psychedelics, colors (as distractions or other), and sunsets
    #6590208 - 02/20/07 07:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was walking home from class just now, and apparently it had rained somewhat between walking to and from class.  And often after a rain-shower when the temperature is higher (60s here right now), the sky has that pinkish-/purplish-orange and blue tone to it.  This fills me immensely with joy, that peaceful, contented joy.  Being 'distracted' or 'entranced' by the beauty of the colors as well as my other surroundings (trees, birds, squirrels, children laughing, and the silence even though I'm walking down a fairly busy street).

Thinking about this, I've always loved to watch the sunset, or at least the colors in the sky (from a child's perspective), and I've always stopped to watch and appreciate it.

Now, tying this into psychedelics, I normally am not [entirely] distracted by the colors and other 'hallucinogenic' effects as, to me, they are more a part of the background or the canvas upon which the whole experience lies.

So I started thinking about how many people can never get past 'all the pretty colors' and whatnot that is almost always a part (or to some, the entirety) of the trip.

From this thought, my mind began to wonder if there is any correlation between appreciating the natural beauty (in this case, specifically of sunrises/sunsets) and the lack of distraction one feels when under the influence of psychedelics.

I don't think a poll would do this post justice, so please voice your ideas/opinions/experience(s).

:heart:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Psychedelics, colors (as distractions or other), and sunsets [Re: demiu5]
    #6590330 - 02/20/07 07:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

great post, read "Doors of Perception", Huxely talks a lot about that, calling it the "visionary experience". Since Ive started tripping, I have just fallen in love with nature and colour, they are both so striking and im amazed that I flew through 18 years of life without paying too much attention to the small details of the world around me.

I too love something about sunsets and sunrises, the colours in the sky are just incredible and I am completely at peace and in awe watching them.

This is a picture I snapped from my window about a year ago, Its definetly the most vivid sunrise that I have ever viewed.

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Offlinetuxedo_cat
kitty-kat
Female

Loc: miami
    #6590340 - 02/20/07 07:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"From this thought, my mind began to wonder if there is any correlation between appreciating the natural beauty (in this case, specifically of sunrises/sunsets) and the lack of distraction one feels when under the influence of psychedelics."

you know i definitely think there is a correlation. don't expect an exact or understand-able explanation from me though, but i will try...

but i think the giant powerful awe of i guess you'd say aesthetics really call someones attention, so you focus on details in a concentrated higher state of mind/level...

aesthetics, beauty, and sensations - whether it be the sunset, paintings, music, psychedelics, love, sex, whatever.. - i think bring our mind to a higher level of concentration, being able to focus on details and kinda feel calm and at peace or something...

at least i really feel that way.
i take moments to stop and look at anything
sunsets, reflections, shadows, lights, peoples faces, art, clouds..
and i take moments to stop and really hear and feel music
and i take moments to stop and really try to visualize and realize and think about concepts

and in these moments i can really concentrate and be focused and feel a little calmer.. and then to a even higher level with pot and shrooms...
meanwhile when I'm not in these moments its really hard for me to focus and i get distracted and i have really bad memory...

i guess thats my attempt of an explanation...

so yah i think there's a correlation between the two.

--------------------
-cristene- >.<

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics, colors (as distractions or other), and sunsets [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6590372 - 02/20/07 07:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

read it a year or two ago, interesting perspective Huxley had

What I'm really trying to get at is the difference between people who are caught up in the colors, as opposed to the experience (although the colors are a part of the experience) as opposed to those who can take a mushroom/mescal/LSD/etc...trip and be immersed and aware and not distracted in the experience and everything around them (or out of them/in them) as opposed to being distracted.

I thank you both for your responses :heart:

--------------------

OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #6590458 - 02/20/07 08:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

np bro, personally I cannot help but be distracted by all the colours and inanimate objects, theyre just so amazing :mushroom2::sun:

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#6592832 - 02/21/07 08:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

anyone else?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder