Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesnakefinder
Stranger
complex numbers
    #6586180 - 02/19/07 05:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I hope you all remember your highschool (or elementary, depending where you life) math, and the idea of complex numbers

It's a nice way of looking at things

What I think the problem with this world is that people usually think of everything in terms of natural numbers.
Beer is good, sex is good, killing is bad, mr. president is good, the guy next door is bad etc.

So every thing has a certain number on it, which determines what it is, what are its characteristics etc. But this number is either negative or positive, depending on our beliefs, and we usually disregard everything in favor of this orientation.

I think the first step in fighting dictatorship, injustice (whatever that is), ignorance and violence in the world is staring to think not in terms of positive and negative real numbers, but
in terms of complex numbers

If you remember, every complex number has the real and imaginary part.
The imaginary part is tied to the "imaginary unit" I

Now if we consider this imaginary unit to be a lie in the world, we can map the world not in a one dimensional way, but in a simplified complex way

So for example, when you get a new job.
You can think of it in terms of good or bad

but the truth is this new job of yours has a positive comonent of it, one that cherishes life, growth, wellbeing of all humanity, and
another component, one that is tied to a lie, to an imaginary unit I, which is actually leaning toward destruction, or as we tend to call it "bad"

The difference between two different things in this system, is not only in good/bad and the number/characteristic, but in
two dimensions, one tied to truth, and one to a lie.

This also applies to yourself.
The question to ask is:

What is my real and imaginary component? You do live in a lie that's for sure, all people do, but the question is, which part of you is living a lie, and which the truth. How much real and how much imaginary of you exists?

what is your X and what is your Y

If your everyday fights against ideas, violence, opression, lie etc.
You must consider that it's not that the truth is fighting a lie, but that two complex numbers are fighting
both of them have the real and imaginary parts.

So it not like

A is fighting -B

It's more like

Z1=Ax + By(i)

is fighting another such number

The lie is like a shattered glass. Its pieces are not in one ideology, one teaching, one governmnet or one religion.
It's pieces are everywhere, and in your religion, your ideology too

Next time you hear a teaching that rings true and chose to accept it, ask the question, what is it's piece of lie? Because everything in humanity has a lie in it, as small as it may be.
It always has an imaginary component (i)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: complex numbers [Re: snakefinder]
    #6586463 - 02/19/07 06:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

is an imaginary component a lie though?

for instance maybe Ghandi knew something true, then he put it into a story, he knew the story was very very good, but he also knew that it was just a crystalization of what was true, and not entirely "right" due to the limitations of speech......

i wouldn't dare say he is lying in the sense that if I am a tobacco executive and try to warp statistics to tell that smoking is "fairly safe" or something of the sorts..... would be lying.

therein your imaginary unit is helpful.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinesnakefinder
Stranger
Re: complex numbers [Re: leery11]
    #6586710 - 02/19/07 07:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean a lie as in something not true, but a lie as in something that is a trap is ment to lead you into ignorance in the end.

Sometimes a truth said in a certain context can be just as damaging as a lie, and sometimes a lie said in the right time can actually save you from falling into a trap

I see this imaginary component as anything steering from untimate truth that comes in the end. Be it an actual lie or a damaging (partial) truth.

My point is,

when you buy a new car, you ask around, what are its weak points, what are its cons..

same way, when you accept someones teachings, ask the first question:
what is the "I" component of it, what is its imaginary component, in other words, what are the traps of this teachings, how can it be used to steer away from truth

For example
you have a question of abortion. Some people say its good some people are against it.

Both views have the imaginary and real component. And both can lead into the same place, both can lead into hate and separation, and both can lead into love and knowledge.
Both have traps, both have the "I" component

It really doesn't matter what the grand God or whatever there is out there, or not, thinks about the question of abortion, or if it cares at all, that's not the question here

The question of complex numbers is how this question can be abused to satisfy the imaginary component of mankind.

It's like the lie, the imaginary component, is fighting a war on every side of the debate.
Humans are prone to taking sides in debates, believing in causes, but no cause is right and without the imaginary component.
No cause or philosophy is immune be used for the goal of this imaginary component

You know that expression "too good to be true", or "its quiet, too quiet" , that's what it's all about.
No thing is compleatly real, all teachings have traps.

Terrance, Leary, Pope, Mohamed, Darwin, Kant, Buddha, you name it, all have some truth in them, but all have traps. And while, people who believe in these teachings to be 100% true, debate which one is true, they fail to see that when you opose complex numbers you get another complex number. And sometimes in the worst case, two complex numbers cancel each others real part, and all you get is an imaginary lie.

Like this

z1=2x + 3y(i)
z2=2x - 3y(i)

Z1-Z2=6y(i)

See? Both complex numbers had some truth in them, but by fighting, they canceled the truth and doubled the imaginary part

That's what happens, when half-true teachings fight, sometimes you just get a bigger lie

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: complex numbers [Re: snakefinder]
    #6587083 - 02/19/07 08:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbup:

this is a wonderfully expressed idea

math is not my strong suit but it looks as if you are combining -3y(i) and +3y(i) which should yield 0y(i), right?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (02/19/07 08:39 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order