Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Buyers who Bitch
    #658478 - 06/02/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

As I am now out of the country for a week of sun and maybe spore catching I was not going to answer any email and such for the whole week and now I find I again have to voice some views which I see as occuring here between spore vendors and some buyers.

I seem to notice a lot of bitch gripes about spore delivery service here at the Shroomery.

This is getting to be very discusting to read day after day after and and makes it so that one does not even want to open up a thread.

Now most internet mail order biusiness happen to be five times faster in dilivery of their products than a normail mail order business such as say the Colobia Record Club, or the Book of the Month Club, Or Sears Catalogue, or J. C. Penny's catalogue which normally take from four to six weeks or longer to send a product to the buyer.

Now I happen to know many of these vendors and they are very nice to mail most orders out within one to two days after receiveing their money and order from a customer.

And most of you who do order generally receive your order within less than a week or so.

So I looked over several months of complaints and I found that the majority of people who were complaing were newbies with less than 40 to 50 to 80 posts each.

A majority of the vendors here at the Shroomery have been here for two to three years and on a whole have been very reliable.

Yes a few have flaked a little on deliverly due to personal problems and mail problems but they have always made yup for their lateness,. Yet, I still see many people and their sock puppets stiring up shit that is a waste of most peoples time.

Lets quit the bitching and complaining and be happy that these vendors do send you your products as fast as they do.

I also know that many vendors sometimes throw in free surprises. You will not get that from RCA or COlombia Record House or any other major mail order business.

And to the newbieswho seem to like to bitch and shout foul, well I guess that is probably the major personality of that particular person on a daily basis.

Shrooms are happy healling plants and they put people in good places. Most people who are into shrooms do not go spitting out profanities at others and this is but a reflection of the personality of the person who ordered the shrooms.

While it is true that some people have put vending sites on the web and ripped people off for their money, well one learns by their mistakes.

There are good vendors in America and good vendors from Canada. There are good vendors in Amsterdam but their spores might bot be what they say they are.

Stick to those who give you great viab;e spores for growing great strains.

Pf, Sporeworks, Ralphster, Capt. Max Mushroom, The Hawkseye, SPores and Magic, The Little Guy, Boxtop, Ones That Stain Blue, Even Mr. G's B+ straib is good and he also gives free presents,. Remember they are there for you so treat them better and with more respect. If it wasn't for them and others, where would any of you get your spores to grow mushrooms from.

Mj

Quit the bitchin and grow up.

I am outta here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Buyers who Bitch [Re: mjshroomer]
    #658499 - 06/02/02 05:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I agree totally with you mj, i dotn happen to be a vendor but it gets on my nerves too. It seems like most of these people have never ordered ANYTHING from ANYWHERE. There was one time where i thought things were taking so long, but only because this vendor had usually gotten my stuff to me in such a short ammount of time, and i had yet to revieve a confermation e-mail. A quick PM resolved the issue, the e-mail confermation had broken and my stuff actually arrived later that day. There was no need to go whine in the vendor fourm, no need to flame the vendor, no need to bitch. Even if the vendor had lost my order, there would be no need to go whine or bitch in there because this vendor has more then made up for it in the past. And a note to the people that bitch about e-mails.... try e-mailing some large company needing any kind of support.... youll be lucky if you get a reply in 2-3 if at all.

PS: have a great vacation and happy hunting

Anonymous

#659107 - 06/02/02 12:38 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Good post MJ and thanks for the mention.

I agree, It's actually pretty amazing how fast most of the vendors are around here.

I'm lucky enough to just have one product to deal with so we really never get too backed up. These vendors that sell the pre-sterilized substrates and composts must have to really bust their ass to keep up. Most obviously do a pretty good job. Lot of work.

-Boxtop

Anonymous

#659197 - 06/02/02 01:56 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Its amazing how fast the postal service can be...if you just give them the chance!

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #659726 - 06/02/02 11:11 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think a perfect industry to compare the delivery times is the Marijuana seed industry. The seeds usually take 3 weeks or more and up to 5 weeks. I was very impressed when I got my spores in 3 days. The stress and excitement of waiting for the seeds is unbelievable.

The same stress is there when you order the spores. Added to that are the posts that some vendors are rip-offs (also in the mj industry) and you have some very anxious people. You can hardly blame a newbie for asking who is the best vendor or the fastest or who has the best spores etc. Then, of course the vendors chirp up "It's Me, it's me" and the fight is on. I do agree that sometimes the vendors go too far and it is not good business practice.

I enjoy the vendor wars as it gets rid of my agression when I read the crap.

Fight you bitches, I hate peace.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

OfflineDrugsAeBad
Stranger
    #661547 - 06/03/02 09:17 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

If you read my post about the hawks eye it was taken care of the replacement + a extra is in the mail...i was going to wait till it arrives to reply to my post... but im sure it will so why not say something now...

I didn't handle myself in the manor in which you were speaking but even if i did i don't think it would have been sucha horrible thing... its good to know how customers are beign treated and there shiping times/quality of the product it keeps thigns competitive... its bussiness...dont know if u think spores should be included in money making or not but the sad fact is they are :P

On the plus side to that is you get better spores...better delivery times..and better customer service..and if you don't? You get gripes. Opinions are like assholes..everyones got one:)

And im sure them big companys that take forever do lose alotta customers to more small time companys that can have there order delivered faster.... although i don't think its right comparing any of our vendors here to sears....

also curious minds want to did hawk ever release why he was busted? or is that that still personal...?

Offlinehomebrew

#666514 - 06/06/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I don't usually visit the vendors forum because of all the bitchin, moanin, and pissin wars that go on here (not only between vendor and customer). I have to say that this post speaks volumes!

thank you mj
The few experiences I have had with vendors have all been fantastic, but not always speedy (then again in this instant gratification world is anything quick enough?). Be grateful that the vendors are here to supply your dumb ass as well as mine with genuine magik spores.

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
    #668407 - 06/08/02 05:07 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"Yes a few have flaked a little on deliverly due to personal problems and mail problems but they have always made yup for their lateness"

Not to change a good thread or anything but a while back we had a little mishap with the mail a couple times and I lost out on over 40 bucks and you didn't try to send me anything in return, you just said sorry, the mail system sucks. It's no biggie I just felt like mentioning it since you made this post. I really wanted to try those prints and I would have had at least one each of all boxtop has and them some. I'm not a bad guy, I dont recieve mail and tell other people that it didn't come and I know your not a bad gut Mj and your truthful when you said you send it out but unfortunately I still think about this and have had a different opinion of you since. Sorry If I start a flame cause it's not my intention. You just said that most vendors make things right and you didn't, and since all of these prints are free for you maybe you could have been nice and send them from another post office or something. Cause you still got my money and it didn't cost you anything to lose your spores but maybe a stamp. Just my 2 cents on this thread.

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
    #668632 - 06/08/02 08:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I personally don't think you can round it up in one whole group. Some vendors have been slacking for whatever reasons. I am glad we have this forum to judge to a somewhat degree. I watch this forum closely, I look for the family problems, the landlord problems (you had'em MJ) and whatever. My main concern "as a consumer" is to get what I want at an assured rate. I want it within 2 weeks and that is not asking too much. If a vendor cannot handle it, its like any other business, re-structure to accommodate.

In my opinion, I will never order from Sporechicks or Hawk since they both went very commercial and I feel they weed through the orders on a volume basis. They were not set to handle the mainstream culture when they went full commercial and now they hand pick what they want to send. That?s my opinion and I think I am close.

I like certain strains and as always feel PF can accommodate an order now matter how commercial they are. I am saddened that they dropped the Ecuadorian strain and now I personally have to look for a more reliable supplier. I am now in the same boat as everyone else with this research.

You can make posts at the drop but you do not personally have to shop since you find your own. I am not attacking you, but saying that you have a very one-sided perspective in what you just posted. Be mad at me, but I am trying to balance the perspective to reality a tad

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Buyers who Bitch [Re: Alien]
    #668681 - 06/08/02 09:13 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well said!

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Buyers who Bitch [Re: kayaman9]
    #669036 - 06/08/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Kayaman, I do nolt remember you ever sending me a letter saying yuou never received anything from me but every item i send has a tracking number.

Also I do not sell very many individuals sporeprints. I generally wholesale my prints in lots of 100. I ask that people send money orders for their products. This way no one can say I sis not send there product or receive there money. I do not remember ever telling you or anyone else, "

"sorry, the mail system sucks." So if you can show me an email then I would be glasd to send you another print or two.

mj

Offlinegirlskater
***meow***

Loc: Here
    #669182 - 06/08/02 05:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I totally agree with you Mj.
Aside from 3m... but that was a special case... I've had only quick reliable service. Not to mention they're quick to reply to any questions you might have.
They've been nothing but helpful. And the products are everything expected... just perfect.
Good job ppl.

Offlinekayaman9
enthusiast
Loc: windy city
Re: Buyers who Bitch [Re: girlskater]
    #669432 - 06/09/02 02:44 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Unfortunately I dont save any of my e-mails. (Who does?) If they are related to shrooms or anything. I Just wanted to bring it up since you made this post. I dont remember just how it went but something was lost on your end and on mine I believe. I know you dont deal with the small potatoes cause it's kind of pointless for just 20-30 bucks but you made an exception with me and I got a samui print from you. A couple weeks later I asked if you would send me a few of your cubie prints that you had just recieved from Thailand and you agreed. I sent a money order and when I did an investigation they said it was cashed in washington but they wouldn't tell me where or do anything about it, good thing it was free. Anyway, no biggie. If you want to send me a nice cubie print that would be cool, I just wanted something new that no one else had tried yet. You know how it is. later

kayaman

InvisibleDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Loc: Here and there
    #670338 - 06/09/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think this was a great topic to discuss. The vendors here though are often only a couple guys or a single person working to fill orders and personal problems really slow things down. If someone is having a bad day at a major retailer it doesn't change anything.. I think we need to be more leniant with these people because they aren't just vendors, they are fellow Shroomerites and often friends.. they open themselves to public criticism and are easily accesible for questions, etc. How many other places give you this kind of service? I think we need to realize that these people are human and not giant corporations that have stockholders to appease and can't forget their lives just to please a customer. I think they all do a great job and should be thanked for their services even if sometimes it takes them 2 weeks when their shipping policy says it may take them 2 weeks.. we should be grateful that they often ship faster than expected, but should not criticise them when sometimes it takes them a little extra time.

OfflineTripySmurf
journeyman

Loc: Smurf Village - House wit...
Re: Buyers who Bitch [Re: Doublethink]
    #670547 - 06/09/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I for one gain something from the bitching, knowing who the best vendor is. Personaly i hate whiners but in this case keep on whining.... I shouldn't be "happy' that someone is willing to sell me something that is going to make them money..thats just crazy. Im not here to knock any vendors and i do thank you for what you do,but understand that if u wanna make money you gotta be competitive im sorry if your car broke down and you couldn't deliver or something like that... but at the same time you gotta understand where we are coming from.

If you can't keep your customers happy then you get bitchs and in turn lose customers. I feel the actual presence of this post may make people think twice about posting something about a vendor which i feel is a bad thing.

--------------------
All the above text is fictional and is meant for roleplaying only!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order