Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Spliff420
Skitso
Male
Loc: dream scape
Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock???
    #6584547 - 02/19/07 08:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Are you still able to go to Wal-mart and ask them to order jars if they don't have any in stock? I imagine I would have to pay upfront, but is there a shipping charge?

Additionally if some one has actually done this recently, could you tell me how you went about it?

Mucho Thank Yous,
Mr_Spliff

--------------------
Every thing I type is a figment of my skitso dreams, I have never actually done any of the things I may type about, nor will I ever do them.

I don't remember when it was that I fell asleep. It must of been long long ago. I don't remember for what time I set my alarm clock, I'm not sure how long I've been dreaming now. But I guess thats whats important, that I am dreaming. I think I want to wake up, but I am never sure. I just hope I will remember this dream when I do, I just hope I will remember who I was, this little bug on earth.

Known as "can_a_bus_dream" at http://futurehi.net/index.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefourstringbass
Canadian Chemist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: Mr_Spliff420]
    #6584556 - 02/19/07 08:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Wal-Mart is a multi-billion dollar corporation which means if they try to charge you for shipping costs, you can tell them you will go somewhere else and voila, no more shipping costs. If you want some jars now and don't want to wait then shop around some hardware or crafts stores.

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6584559 - 02/19/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have never made them order them for me but I will vouch that they are out of stock ALWAYS.They get them for like 2 weeks a yr and thats it.When you see them stock up :thumbup:

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6584824 - 02/19/07 10:49 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hardware and crafts stores? Why would they carry them out of season? They work with pretty small margins and shelf space. I've never seen canning jars in small stores out of season, but let me know if you have, I guess. Maybe it will renew my hope.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting proper jars too, and am having to stick to cake methods (using glasses and foil) rather than stepping up to bulk, as I would otherwise like to. It works, playing with foil every time you inoculate gets pretty old.

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #6584856 - 02/19/07 11:06 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Not just wal-mart but most larger chain grocery stores will have jars and yes, in my humble experience, most smaller mom & pop shop hardware stores will have *some* type of canning jars on hand, as to finding the type your looking for in such a location, it's very hit or miss...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #6584871 - 02/19/07 11:13 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

IDK about anyone else but the wally world right by me has like 8 variety's of canning jars I can get the short stubby half pint all the way up to half gallon jars.  Isn't it nice? Now if only I could get some kind of turn around.  :hulk:

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#6584897 - 02/19/07 11:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (12/25/14 05:53 PM)

OfflineBataviaVakereli
Stranger
Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #6584901 - 02/19/07 11:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

My local ace down the block has cannning jars all year round. If you have Meijer's in your area, they also carry jars all year round.

Offlinerygo796
Meat Popsicle
 User Gallery

Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: BataviaVakereli]
    #6584923 - 02/19/07 11:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I believe most hobby lobby's carry them year round.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #6584935 - 02/19/07 11:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You might also look for canning jars at thrift stores.
I browsed one a week ago & they had well over a hundred.
At 0.25 cents each.
Some thrift stores get overstocked with them.
Then have a "sale" on them @ 0.10 cents each.
That's a real bargain @ 10 for a buck.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #6584938 - 02/19/07 11:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

my local Tru-Value hardware store almost always has them in stock...
and if they don't have them in stock they will order them in for me without charging me for the shipping.
but they are a little more expensive than other stores.

most of my local grocery stores have jars also...
usually in the baking isle.

Fred Meyer has them here locally...and are usually ok priced.

Walmart seems to be seasonal here in my area.

then there is always 2nd hand stores.

and the craiglist has some good deals on jars and other supplies from time to time...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

see if there is a craiglist in your area!~

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineitsdatpurp
Stranger
Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: Roadkill]
    #6585048 - 02/19/07 12:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i was told by the manager at walmart that ALL SUPER CENTER WALMARTS are supposed to have jars. Not normal walmart but the super center. He told me something about having seasonal items year round.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#6585179 - 02/19/07 12:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

We have a clearance type store around here called "Big Lots" and they had a whole skid full of them a week or two ago, pretty cheap too I think (forget exact price). So I second the "check around the dollar stores and other odd shops and you'll find some" idea. Screw Wal*Mart if they don't have them. I bought my original dozen at the local Jewel (grocery chain) and I think out of season at that.

--------------------
Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

OfflineAndrew47
Servant of allLife
Male

Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: Spudz76]
    #6585208 - 02/19/07 01:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, Jewel normally carries them. If you live in Wisconsin be wary, as every Jewel is closing there and should be already cleaned out of all the pots, pans and jars.

Walmart yes as said Supercenters should have them, most regular stores do not at this time.

Lowes does not sell jars in my experiences talking with staff. Ace hardware almost always has them, along with pressure cooker rings. Menards is a bit of hit or miss, but if they have them they should have a good supply. At Menards look in the paint section, they should be near the damprid.

Hope this helps

--------------------
It's easy! Send your clean prints to www.fsrcanada.com

OfflineMr_Spliff420
Skitso
Male
Loc: dream scape
Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: Andrew47]
    #6585604 - 02/19/07 02:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well thanks guys.

I walked over to Big Lots after work, and they had some jars. No pint wide mouths like I wanted, just those 8 oz jelly jars, which are wide mouth also, and wide mouth quart jars.

I think I should get 3 cases of those wide mouth quart jars, and start off with LC. Then do WBS, then spawn to a mono tub. Does that sound right?

--------------------
Every thing I type is a figment of my skitso dreams, I have never actually done any of the things I may type about, nor will I ever do them.

I don't remember when it was that I fell asleep. It must of been long long ago. I don't remember for what time I set my alarm clock, I'm not sure how long I've been dreaming now. But I guess thats whats important, that I am dreaming. I think I want to wake up, but I am never sure. I just hope I will remember this dream when I do, I just hope I will remember who I was, this little bug on earth.

Known as "can_a_bus_dream" at http://futurehi.net/index.html

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#6589653 - 02/20/07 02:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (12/25/14 05:54 PM)

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: Jars and a Wal-mart out of stock??? [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #6619574 - 02/28/07 06:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I also just saw them at the local Meijer in better selection than Big Lots. They also had some of the plastic lids for them (slightly easier to mod into a filter/RTV port lid) and other accessories.

--------------------
Anywhere in this posting where I have referred to myself or my possessions, it is a personalization of events and items experienced or possessed by someone else.  I do not personally do anything illegal, and I hope nobody else does either.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale