Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

10kg of ketamine seized [AU]
    #6582949 - 02/18/07 08:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Pair in horse drugs probe
February 19, 2007 - news.com.au

A MAN and a woman from Melbourne are under investigation over a major seizure of a dangerous animal tranquilliser used by nightclubbers.

The pair were questioned after 10kg of the horse anaesthetic ketamine were seized from a house at Sunshine, in Melbourne's west, on Saturday.

It is believed to be Australia's biggest haul of the drug, which goes by the nickname Special K.

The ketamine would have had an estimated street value of between $1 million and $2.5 millon.

The investigation began on Wednesday when Australian Customs Service officers became suspicious of a package that had arrived at Melbourne airport's cargo section from the African country of Malawi.

They X-rayed the package, which contained two large ornamental timber panels, and allegedly found the ketamine.

Investigators then substituted the drugs for another substance and put it under surveillance as it was delivered to the Sunshine address. They then moved in and arrested three people before searching the property.

A man and a woman were later released without charge and a third person, who is an illegal immigrant, was handed over to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and is being detained.

Investigators are trying to establish whether those arrested are the principal players in the importation or were just receiving it.

Ketamine is frequently used in the manufacture of ecstasy.

It is often taken by itself by users in the nightclub scene and overdoses have been recorded.

Drug counsellor Richard Smith of the Raymond Hader Clinic said ketamine was commonly used by people "coming down" from the methamphetamine "ice".

"It's called the K-hole. It's a near unconscious state. They're conscious but they can't do anything," he said.

Mr Smith said he had also heard of instances of ketamine being used as a date-rape drug.

The maximum penalty for the illegal importation of ketamine is a fine of $110,000.

ACS investigations manager Richard Janeczko said authorities were determined to detect and prevent illegal shipments of the drug bound for Australia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #6583179 - 02/18/07 09:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

<<Ketamine is frequently used in the manufacture of ecstasy.

It is often taken by itself by users in the nightclub scene and overdoses have been recorded.

Drug counsellor Richard Smith of the Raymond Hader Clinic said ketamine was commonly used by people "coming down" from the methamphetamine "ice".>>

Could we please squeeze just one more line of misinformation in there, pretty please?

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: veggie]
    #6583240 - 02/18/07 09:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Can anybody verify this? This sounds like more media anti-drug bullshit to me.

InvisibleMezcal
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: Le_Canard]
    #6583335 - 02/18/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I think there's some truth to what they said... but it's extremely confused.

MDMA is not related to ketamine at all, while some unscrupulous drug manufacturers will press "ecstasy" pills with ketamine in them. That's how they define "manufacturing ecstasy", the act of pressing a pill with drugs in it.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: Mezcal]
    #6583438 - 02/18/07 10:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Damn I would have been tooting some of that K soon, no doubt.

Oh well, there's plenty more around.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: Mezcal]
    #6583440 - 02/18/07 10:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well that makes sense, considering how the media portrays drugs and drug users.

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
    #6583656 - 02/19/07 12:08 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, ecstacy tablets can contain ketamine. Look at some of the tab-test sites, and there some rolls that contain ketamine.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: gooddrugguy]
    #6583795 - 02/19/07 01:30 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Really uncommon compared to meth, dxm, caffeine.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #6584886 - 02/19/07 11:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Quote:

veggie said:

Can anybody verify this? This sounds like more media anti-drug bullshit to me.

Well back in my hay day, when I used to press beans I guess its not really common knowledge most of the beans you get on the street aren't even close to pure MDMA I used to use things like Heroin, Acid, DXM, and yes Ketamine, even DMT to cut my beans with. And from my experience that is pretty common to most dealers. This happens because the people that import the MDMA usually from Vietnam to Canada then to the USA charge insanely high prices for it so anything you can possible cut it with benefits the dealer greatly when it comes to profit.

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Edited by 2FiNiTe (02/19/07 11:20 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #6585698 - 02/19/07 03:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I used to use things like Heroin, Acid, DXM, and yes Ketamine, even DMT to cut my beans with.

lol please, go peddle your lies somewhere else.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: 2FiNiTe]
    #6588792 - 02/20/07 08:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

2FiNiTe said:
Well back in my hay day, when I used to press beans I guess its not really common knowledge most of the beans you get on the street aren't even close to pure MDMA I used to use things like Heroin, Acid, DXM, and yes Ketamine, even DMT to cut my beans with.

Congrats on the biggest bullshit post I have seen in this forum.

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6595164 - 02/21/07 07:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

This is an Australian article.. and for reasons unbeknown to be, ketamine is a relatively common adulterant in ecstasy pills in Australia. Have a look at Australian pillreports, it often shows up through testing. On the other hand something like DXM in pills is pretty much unheard of here.

Once again in this article ketamine is referred to as the "horse drug" totally disregarding the fact that it's still commonly used as an anaesthetic in humans.

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: 10kg of ketamine seized [AU] [Re: Fina]
    #6595536 - 02/21/07 08:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the above comments were not trying to disprove that ketamine is not an adulterant, rather that the poster saying he used to press pills and used chemicals such as DMT and heroin as cuts was full of shit.

We had a lot of problems with beans being pressed with DXM in the early 00's. The most notorious being the clover stamp which actually caused a few OD's in the philly dance scene.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale