Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWee
Stranger
Male
First glass piece, What would you recommend?
    #6578014 - 02/17/07 11:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have smoked a pipe before and really enjoyed it so I figured I would get something similar. I have done some looking here and on various sites and have gotten a bit stuck on what the differences between the pieces are, hence this thread :smile:. I'm looking for something that I could carry around in my pocket. Basically, I am wondering what the differences are between the following: a chillum, spoon, one hitter, sherlock, hammer, and bubbler. From what I've read a bubbler sounds pretty ideal and I dig the look of sherlocks, but I'd love to hear a few opinions on what you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTryptamineSeeker
Seeking thatPsilo
 User Gallery

Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: Wee]
    #6578043 - 02/17/07 12:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I think you would be best off with a spoon. It is the typical pipe with a bowl and carb. A chillum is good if you just want something small that is not too bulky in the pocket and easy to take out to places. But the bowl is literally straight on with the pipe and it has no carb so it will give some harsher hits. Don't go with a one hitter, might as well get a chillum. Sherlocks are spoons with a lowered bowl, and def look cool but are generally a little bigger. Bubblers are sweet but not a pocket worthy pipe. I'd say go with the spoon. Go to a head shop and they will let you compare some side by side. See which one you could see yourself with the most and get it!!

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6578165 - 02/17/07 12:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Head to a head-shop and peruse the selection in search of your significant other, they'll let you hold them too see if you bond before you buy. I suppose the internet has a larger selection and probably lower prices in places, but if you at least go to a shop you can see what's available to compare with the things you see online.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Offlinehabitat0789
Insomniac
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: TryptamineSeeker]
    #6578169 - 02/17/07 12:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

spoons are reliable pieces

--------------------

ilove my woods...

OfflineThreePieceSuit
disastrophe
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast of Canada
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: habitat0789]
    #6578263 - 02/17/07 01:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Glass spoons are the way to go.

I had an awesome glass spoon...

He was stolen. Poor Moe.

--------------------
:mafioso:
I'm so lucrative, even my birthday suit is in three pieces.

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
    #6578297 - 02/17/07 01:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

1) Make sure the hole in the bowl isn't too big or small; you don't want to suck up nug or have to clean the bowl every other session.

2) Get some thick glass, you want yer baby to last.

3) Always shop around and haggle for a lower price. Go to every head shop and tobacco store you can and look around.

4) Sometimes head shops are a rip. I just got a plain 6" clear glass steamroller with a decent sized bowl for $15 at a tobacco store, would've had to haggle it down to $20 at the leading head shop around here.

5) Think about what you want. Bubblers are nice but it's a bitch trying to find water when you're not home. One hitters conserve bud but aren't ideal for sharing. Sherlocks look cool but are a bitch to hide in your pocket.

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineWee
Stranger
Male
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #6578370 - 02/17/07 01:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the responses guys, looking at a spoon or small sherlock at this point, definitely leaning more towards a spoon though. Sorry to hear that yours got stolen ThreePieceSuit :frown:

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
    #6580298 - 02/18/07 01:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Theese are always good

This is a glass on glass pull-stem bubbler.

This is one of my top 10 pieces for sure. I got $150 for this one, but it was drawn out on paper, and made to certain specifications.

Let me know if you need something special or custom. PM me if you like.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6580335 - 02/18/07 01:27 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, for a first-time pipe, nothing beats a glass spoon. They come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes so a custom pipe is easy. Bubblers are cool, but not for a first pipe. They are situational, while a spoon can be used for any circumstance. Chillums as well are neat, but again it is situation, as it is not a great social piece. Sherlocks I love, but you cannot put them in your pocket and move as freely as you would with a spoon; a sherlock is great to have around the house, but I would still lean heavily towards a spoon. Buy one not too short so that it burns long hair, and not too long so that it hits to hard. Other than that, feel around for one that fits your style and it is largely a matter of personal preference.

Offlinefluffyfluffy
Awesome!
Female

Loc: California
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: gooddrugguy]
    #6580434 - 02/18/07 03:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I would have to agree with the majority and say that you should get a spoon. If you really are looking for something to just stick in your pocket, I like chillums. I have two that I love dearly. I can pack it and stick it in my pocket and forget it's even there (and since I'm a little 100 pound white girl who wears small pants with small pockets, I have never been able to achieve that with any other pipe!). I also find that they can be excellent in social settings, because they're easy to pass and easy to hit--and they hit pretty hard. Both of mine have relatively large bowls, so you can pass it for a while without having to refill and dislodging anything is extremely easy because of the shape.

I know you asked for glass pipe recommendations, and glass is definitely my favourite, but if you really are looking for an on-the-go pipe, my boyfriend is a huge fan of the proto pipe. His reasoning: "People without HOMES use proto pipes!" They're metal, not as pretty or as cute, and I personally don't like them very much, but they ARE good for travel, because you can pack a bowl and leave it in your pocket and there are other advantages.

OfflineWee
Stranger
Male
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: fluffyfluffy]
    #6580868 - 02/18/07 09:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I appreciate all the help guys :thanx:, and nice pieces pscyanescens.

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6580877 - 02/18/07 09:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Two words: water filtration.

You will KNOW the difference if you smoke much at all. I have a 'hammer' bubbler like the bottom ones in pcyanescens' first pic and it kicks ass. Best of both worlds: comfortable pipe stature and filtration.

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: First glass piece, What would you recommend? [Re: Hypercube]
    #6585084 - 02/19/07 12:27 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I hate spoons. But if you get a cool looking inside-out that is made correctly, and it is a spoon, it will last you forever if you treat it good. I throw spoons at my wall all day when people question durability. However i would never throw a sherlock! They break incredibly easily due to the structure. To keep a sherlock for long periods of time is rare and would take lots of TLC.

I only use bongs, and maybe a large bubbler, but that is just me. I actually hate pipes. It would be my last resort, usually on the road.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom