Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
Yellow Fly Agaric-VA? ID please.
    #656845 - 06/01/02 02:48 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Could it be? It looks yellow! It has warts! Doesn't smell funny! And popping up at the end of MAY? Can I get an second opinion. Looks like a "yellow-orange fly agaric" to me. Kinda cute little fella ain't he! - : )

Bluemoon

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
Re: Yellow Fly Agaric-VA? ID please. [Re: bluemoon]
    #657512 - 06/01/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yes Indeed. It's called Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa. Where did you find it fruiting? Usually they hang around spruce and birch trees. They are mycorrhizal meaning they develop a relationship between the tree and fungus. The trees provide sugars while the fungus provide the water and nutrients.

Heres a photo of var. formosa I found -

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Re: Yellow Fly Agaric-VA? ID please. [Re: goolag]
    #657864 - 06/01/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for your help. I found it growing under a tree (probably one of the ones you mentioned) at a nearby lake. It was just right there on the path to some hiking trails. I ate him earlier today with a little margarine after wrapping it in tin foil and baking for about 15min at 180f. It was supprisingly one of the tastiest mushrooms I've eaten. This being the first time ingesting a fly agaric, the effects were rather mild but noticable. It was a small shroom and I only ate one so I wasn't expecting much. Within an hour, I noticed the TV all the sudden looked larger and not its usual color. Then it went away. I had little flashes like this every so often along with forgetfullness and a strange "duhhhhhhh" feeling. Best way to describe it. I felt like my processing center in my brain was shut down. About four hours into it I got dopey and drowsy and passed out for an hour at the computer. After efffects were mild vision disturbances and the same retarded feeling as before. 8-10 hours it all subsided. Nothing great, not really that interesting and kinda uncomfortable but if I run across a bunch of these I'm going to attempt a much larger research dose. As they say, curiosity killed the cat! ; )

Here's the big 'meal'....

Bluemoon

--------------------

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Yellow Fly Agaric-VA? ID please. [Re: bluemoon]
    #658055 - 06/01/02 07:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

heh.. that shroom looks sooo pukey :P nice find anyhow..

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Martha Stewart showed me the way. [Re: bluemoon]
    #658245 - 06/02/02 01:05 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That pic was taken after cooking in the oven with a little butter. I made sure to elegantly spread the cap to show off those dazzling spring and summer colors, made a pot of fresh from the garden chamomile tea, and then knitted some festive place mats to serve the feast upon. This wonderful activity brought cheer to my heart and warmth to my home. Martha stewart showed me the way.

Bluemoon

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies