Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Staying within the trip?
    #656619 - 05/31/02 07:56 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I love to trip solo all the time. The one thing that always gets me though is at the end of an Acid trip I always think oh no... I'm not coming back. Am I going to stay like this forever? I don't know why hehe when I first got into acid a friend told me there is always a chance you could get stuck in there. I didn't believe him but that thought always comes to me while on acid.

I always hear a person who knows a person who knows a person who got stuck in an acid trip. I was just wondering if someone really knows a person like that or if they have gotten the same feelings also.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleshroomGod420
Loc: Southern U.S.
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: nezshoo]
    #656794 - 06/01/02 01:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think everyone has heard that story bro but of course most of the time its when your just getting into acid or psychedelics cause people are just trying to trip you out. Anyway i have heard about a couple people in my day that flipped their lid but i can see why it brings out stuff in people like genetic shit so some people get skitzo from it etc... but the only other thing that me an my old acid buddies would notice is that after trippin so much certain things about the trip like what you see doesn't always leave your mind some times, so in a way its like getting stuck in a trip but not really. i know some people that had to stop doseing because of this, i used to just have flash backs which haven't happend in along time. But to answer your question i don't think anyone can actually get stuck in a trip but like i said it brings genetic things out in a person which could damn well put them in a nut house. By the way my info is not proven its just from my experiences an knowledge but not from text books or anything. Peace out!!!

--------------------
"Maui Waui x Labrador"
"this is some heavy shit man!!!!" Cheech N Chong

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #657865 - 06/01/02 05:08 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe you should learn some relaxation exercises. Or just remind yourself that you can't get stuck in a trip. It's important to remember that it's NOT forever.

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: Sheepish]
    #658037 - 06/01/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

It has only happened a few times during the end of a really intense acid trip. I just would be just laying there in my room and have been tripping so long I just wonder if it will end! that was some good lsd though!

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #658225 - 06/02/02 12:25 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

You should try listening to a relaxing CD on the comedown, to take you mind off the thoughts about a never ending trip, and learn to enjoy it. I've never really had a problem with a trip perhaps lasting forever, but then again, that's just me

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #658291 - 06/02/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I know a few guys who got burnt

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #658531 - 06/02/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i know 2 guys who kinda got crazy after acid.
one used lsd a few times befor and one time he went somwhere probably took used some lsd and went schyzo for a few months. he went to a mad-house (i dont know the proper name for it...) and after a while he was alright.

the other guy didnt get drunk in his life and took some acid.
well... he had a rough time a few weeks later. talking to demons that lived in his throught telling him to write a 1 sentance book and dig a hole.
he passed these weeks digging and tring to build a wall. didnt find a sentance for the book though.
he got back to normal again...

1st time i took acid i didnt feel a thing coz it was a shitty bottler but i did have a morph the next few days. i forgot i even took the acid and thought i was going crazy. i was in a extreem anixuy untill i sat down and tried ot retionalize - then i rememberd i took acid three days ago.

i think most of these cases people just dont know what they are getting into and what to expect. its imortant to speak to poeple befor tripping for the 1st time and speak to them after, so they know what they are going through is normal. lsd dosnt effect for only 6-12 hours.

a growin original

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #658754 - 06/02/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I always hear a person who knows a person who knows a person who got stuck in an acid trip.

Let me guess, he thinks he's a glass of orange juice, right? And he won't let anyone touch him because he's afraid he will spill?
:rolleyes:

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: Xibalba]
    #658791 - 06/02/02 09:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #660292 - 06/03/02 08:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

LOL! I remember hearing that one:

Got stuck in the rain riding his bike... With a sheet of acid in his pocket... going to school. Teachers found him tip toeing around muttering something about being a glass of orange juice... now hes in the puzzle factory... and been their for 3 years and counting.

The thought never bothers me though, It enters my mind in the form of 'when will be comming down?' cause I look at a clock and it plays tricks on me - changing the time around an all. I just reassure myself.

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #4812823 - 10/16/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I am utterly amazed by the psychedlic experience and psychedlic drugs. I've only used mushrooms so far, and I'd love to try LSD.
But whenever I smoke I end up questioning my sanity and whether or not I have some type of anxiety disorder or if its just short-term paranoia. OCD runs in my family too and I only think I have it when I'm high.
Either way its just not worth the risk right now to drop acid. I'll stick to shrooms.

Just read this
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8336
Maybe I'll drop acid later in life.

OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #4812892 - 10/16/05 08:51 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

one time when i smoked salvia, i kept trying to stand up off the couch and then realized i couldn't stand.  so i sat back down and then i decided i wanted to stand so i tried to get up again.  i didn't realize i kept thinking about it and i thought that everything i did was simply repeating itself and i started to get scared. 

that's the only time i ever got scared that a trip wouldn't end.

Ripple - what exactly do you mean by "burnt"?

the only permanent affects i've seen from any trip came from a very cool friend of mine.  he took a big bong rip of salvia while peaking on mushrooms.  he was a normal kid going in and was much stranger coming out.  he says the weirdest shit.  funny, though.

:mushroom2:

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #4812931 - 10/16/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Xibalba said:
I always hear a person who knows a person who knows a person who got stuck in an acid trip.

Let me guess, he thinks he's a glass of orange juice, right? And he won't let anyone touch him because he's afraid he will spill?
:rolleyes:   

I've heard that they thought they were an orange and would scream if anyone came near them cause they thought they were gonna get peeled. Also heard about a guy who demanded to get buried up to his neck and would scream id he didn't get watered every day.
  I think perhaps these rumours came from people who had actually tripped telling them to people who hadn't to make it seem "far out!" Just my opinon but.

nezshoo - This seems to be an all too common scenario and although I haven't (or rarely) get/got it on acid/shrooms I have gotten it on a very high dose of Ketamine. I didn't seem to get knocked out but rather went delirious (talking to shoes, walls, blanking out, putting on headphones with no music) and as I started to be able to have rational thoughts again I thought "Fuck I'm like this forever, how am I gonna confront my family and say 'guys I've gone mad, i took too many drugs and I've gone mad'". Even scarier was the fact that I thought I ent my friend mad too on it. Ofcourse we eventually came out of it but I think these effects are due to time dilation when you think way more time has passed than actually has.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4812938 - 10/16/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WeAreAllOne said:
Ripple - what exactly do you mean by "burnt"?

the only permanent affects i've seen from any trip came from a very cool friend of mine.  he took a big bong rip of salvia while peaking on mushrooms.  he was a normal kid going in and was much stranger coming out.  he says the weirdest shit.  funny, though.

:mushroom2:

What sort of stuff does he say?

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineGuerrilla0726
Bringer ofChange
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: shrooma]
    #4816145 - 10/17/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

All those stories about the orange juice trip are myths. I was searching a site once and it showed how that story appeared slightly altered in a bunch of different newspapers at the time when acid started gettin a bad reputation.

The story about the trippers who stared at the sun when they were trippin is false too.

Offlinevoooom
Searcher
Loc: Land of the long white cl...
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: Guerrilla0726]
    #4818118 - 10/17/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Guerrilla0726 said:
I am utterly amazed by the psychedlic experience and psychedlic drugs. I've only used mushrooms so far, and I'd love to try LSD.
But whenever I smoke I end up questioning my sanity and whether or not I have some type of anxiety disorder or if its just short-term paranoia. OCD runs in my family too and I only think I have it when I'm high.
Either way its just not worth the risk right now to drop acid. I'll stick to shrooms.

Just read this
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=8336
Maybe I'll drop acid later in life.

I just read that story. I had a similar experience on acid and I thought I was going crazy for a while and questioned my sanity for a long time afterwards. But its only a thought. You give it power by believing it and you can choose to give it power. Its easy to get sucked into negative thoughts.
I think its a healing thing. Negative experiences will keep happening until you deal with them. Issues of self esteem and self acceptance.
In my negative LSD experience I was confronted with a pattern of thought and that pattern of thought was ' what to say'. I didn't know what to say and didn't feel like talking but kept on thinking of something to say because I felt I had to and it became everything. I was so aware of my thought patterns and they were so annoying.
Just don't go there - it helps to be with people you really like!

--------------------
There where nothing is
everything in fact is.
Penetrate this secret
and you will vanish from yourself
then alone in truth you are"

Indian Mystic

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: Staying within the trip? [Re: voooom]
    #4818368 - 10/17/05 09:40 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, I heard the orange juice story so many years ago it only vaguely comes to mind. Umm, Ive known at most 50 people who have tripped quite regularly for an extended period of time with no ill effects. Youll come down when the LSD has run its course IMO. Im no doctor but I am quite experienced IMO.

I myself tripped every other day for 5 months one year on some very potent blotter (yea jesus in 94') with no HDDP or what ever its called. Maybe people found me a little strange after that for a time but thats there problem, not mine. I know HDDP (or whatever its called) is a real phenomenon but Ive never seen nor experienced it.

I personally would not worry about it because I have never experienced it after many, many doses. My point is if youved tripped alot HDDP wont happen. Im no doctor or researcher though so take my opinon for what its worth.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale