Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRato
Stranger
First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms?
    #6558783 - 02/12/07 03:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

SWIM have never done any psychedelic drugs in his life, with the exception of marijuana. He is considering trying a more powerful hallucinogen, but is unsure as to which to do. His friends advise him not to take LSD, for it is much more powerful and you don't know what you're getting. But SWIM still wonders which to chose and why. Can anyone assist SWIM with his decision?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Rato]
    #6558804 - 02/12/07 03:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

IMO - Mushrooms dont prepare you for LSD, and LSD does not prepare you for mushrooms.

A low dose of mushrooms can be very manageable for getting your feet wet, and give you an idea of what to expect. Higher doses of mushrooms can become very emotional, and a bit more confusing and harder to handle than LSD (for me atleast)

LSD - low doses are very manageable, higher doses can get pretty out-there, but I find a high dose of LSD is easier to deal with than a high dose of mushrooms. I find it to be less confusing and a bit more 'outgoing'.

I think both are fine for a 1st timer, with a slight favor towards Mushrooms - mostly because if you end up not liking psychedelics, mushrooms have a much shorter duration and with LSD - you can be in for one long ride. Also, its a bit easier to dose Mushrooms, as generally speaking 2 grams is 2 grams is 2 grams - while potency may vary, you still get a pretty good idea of what to expect.

With LSD - the dosage from batch to batch varies so much, that you could have a weak hit of LSD that is like, 50ug per hit, or, you could get very strong LSD that is 250ug per hit - so you dont quite know what to expect from a new batch until you do it at least once.

You might want to give This thread a read - it tries to compare LSD vs Mush (as best as possible, they are very different in nature IMO), which may help you make a better informed choice.

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: kaniz]
    #6558918 - 02/12/07 04:22 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You're friends are idiots and will therefor sway your thoughts on LSD at least subconsciously so the decision is already made. Had you not been tainted I would suggest LSD. But I will always suggest LSD because I find my mind to work more "gestalty" and comfortably on LSD. Mushrooms are a little different.

OfflineDayTripper1
We are one!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Krusty Krab Flag
    #6558924 - 02/12/07 04:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah what he said....^ ^ ^ (he always gives good info.)
(Also, are you refering to yourself in the third person)

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: DayTripper1]
    #6558961 - 02/12/07 04:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LSD. Mushrooms are weirder and require more advanced skills. Plus LSD lets you actually comprehend and explore the psychedelic space more. It is easier to control and I find not as scary.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #6558975 - 02/12/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LSD = the matrix
mushrooms = fantasia

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #6559004 - 02/12/07 04:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
LSD. Mushrooms are weirder and require more advanced skills. Plus LSD lets you actually comprehend and explore the psychedelic space more. It is easier to control and I find not as scary.

Exactly. LSD is better for testing the water, as mushroom trips always have a deep element of self discovery before they let you enjoy yourself. I essentially have to 'sort my life out' every time I eat mushrooms before I can actually have any fun.

I still prefer mushrooms though, as I feel they have more of a divine touch :grin:

:hippie:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineImaWonderwall
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: A Sea of Holes
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6559018 - 02/12/07 04:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Get some acid man. My first trip was a strong LSD ride with my best friend. That night changed my fucking life. It was very new and powerful, but in no way scary or hard to handle.

OfflineRato
Stranger
    #6559057 - 02/12/07 04:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

haha yes i am referring to myself in third person. i forgot where i was for a second. i'm used to having to use things like SWIM on other forums so whatever i'm talking about can't be used as incriminating evidence (ie, talk of drug use) wow, most of you recommend LSD so far. i didn't expect that, but i suppose that's just because the people around me who i've asked about this are just uneducated :tongue:

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

#6559080 - 02/12/07 04:54 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I would say LSD, take a hit, it is a lot easier to be around people on LSD then it ever is on mushrooms IME. The only thing about an acid trip that is not good for the first timer is the duration, 8-13 hours is a long time compared to mushrooms at 4-6...but if you think you can handle the logn trip use LSD

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: apfrommsp]
    #6559185 - 02/12/07 05:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

can u sleep on lsd??\

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: jccc]
    #6559192 - 02/12/07 05:16 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

well heres my 2 cents.

go for LSD.
its hard to procure.

mushrooms grow out of the ground [easy to procure (if you know what your doing)]

good luck.

** and another thing.

This is a mushroom forum, and we recommend LSD, get my drift?

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: blacksun]
    #6559412 - 02/12/07 05:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I would also recommend LSD, my first acid trip was 3 hits of some ~275ug a hit (some were 250 and some were 300). Just like ImaWonderwall said, it changed my fucking life  :rockon:

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: StreetFreak]
    #6559431 - 02/12/07 05:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Is it easy to go to bed on acid or is it like shrooms were your unable to when your peaking...

OfflineRato
Stranger
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: jccc]
    #6559522 - 02/12/07 06:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

jccc, start your own thread. thanks for all the info, you guys :grin: i would like to do LSD for my first time but...8-13 hours is  quite a long time so i'm actually leaning towards mushrooms.

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
    #6559560 - 02/12/07 06:17 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I was just thinking about this.

I think mushrooms have a few things going for them. Easier to find, more certainty in dosing, and shorter duration.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Compass]
    #6559976 - 02/12/07 07:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I find the LSD trip is very easy to control - even at higher doses. If my thoughts start to drift a bit south, I typically have a very easy time either a: exploring those thoughts (which can be very useful, if a bit difficult), or b: change my train of thoughts, and go in a new direction.

On LSD - it often feels as if I'm presented with choices - I can dwell on something and let it bug me, or, I can move on - and continue enjoying my trip.

Depending on my set / setting / etc, I may choose to dig around in those dark murky corners of my mind and resolve some issues. Or, I may decide to move my thoughts into a happier direction - I fond on LSD, its simply a matter of putting the concious effort into the thoughts, and they can change.

However on Mushrooms - they seem to be more controlling, they just sort of grab you by the balls and force you to look at whatever comes up. If you try and fight the thoughts that are coming up - the trip just gets worse. Its like they are trying to force you to deal with personal issues before really letting you enjoy the trip.

I find that many of my mushroom trips tend to have a period of "Clearing out the cobwebs" and dealing with personal issues, then once I've done that - the trip can take a change towards the euphoric. I've found that if you try to fight those thoughts - the trip can quickly spiral into a negative place and be much harder to break out of.

Personaly, I'd rate LSD as a 10/10, and Mushrooms a 9.5/10 -- they are both great substances, and worth taking both of them. I'd try not to let the 'bad rep' about LSD scare you off from it.

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

#6560269 - 02/12/07 08:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

go with the acid

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: apfrommsp]
    #6560735 - 02/12/07 10:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Mushrooms for the first time for the short duration. Eat 2g, it will be a nice introduction to hallucinogens. My first acid trip lasted 12 hours, which got to be a bit too long.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: First Timer: LSD or Mushrooms? [Re: Dihnekis]
    #6560999 - 02/12/07 11:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

LSD trips are a lot easier to control. When on mushrooms, you'll explore some serious levels of your psyche. While on LSD, it is a lot easier to communicate with people. In fact, every time I'm on LSD I usually want to be in the company of others. Mushrooms make me want to either trip completely by myself or with others who are on mushrooms.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies