Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
A thought about bush/christian extremists
    #6557395 - 02/12/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If one is supposedly for life, then how can one promote death? I don't understand how someone can be so outspoken against abortion yet can justify killing already born children 8,000 miles away?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: trippindad82]
    #6557404 - 02/12/07 08:26 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

because because the terrorists are bad

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: barfightlard]
    #6557413 - 02/12/07 08:31 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Because religion begets extreme hypocracy coupled with moral blindness... ALL religions, not just Bush's.

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6557419 - 02/12/07 08:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Couldn't the terrorists really be viewed as freedom fighters? Sure they attacked america, but if you look back over the last 60 years, you will see the reason why I refer to them as freedom fighters. These groups of people live in countries that have had the following view pushed upon them:

first world: US and its allies
second world: USSR and its allies
third world: those countries used as pawns during the cold war.

These peoples are tired of the imperialism they have been forced to endure. The weapons they fight with are from either the US or the USSR. To me, these peoples, although fighting for different reasons (ours was taxation, theirs is economic and personal freedom) are no different than our forefathers and the origins of our country. The English back during our fight for freedom could have just as easily had a war on "terrorism".

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #6557420 - 02/12/07 08:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

no because we are always the good guys :stonedjerk:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #6557467 - 02/12/07 09:31 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

No they have no reason to attack us other than they hate freedom :stonedjerk:

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6557496 - 02/12/07 09:51 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if those "terrorists" are really attacking us because these people hate freedom. They couldn't care less whether or not we are free. I think it has more to do with the fact that since the cold war began, the US and former USSR have held these nations captive "in the name of freedom". We place "friendly" governments in, whether or not they follow Geneva beliefs or not. Then, when their govt isn't playing the game we told them to, we go in and act as "heroes" again and overthrow the current govt. EVERY country we are having trouble with today as far as "extremist terrorists" go we have been involved in one way or another for the last 60 years. Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc. These countries are the same countries that were used in the war for communism or democracy. We just aren't getting the full story. Go and read your history text books and you will see what I am talking about. We are getting the story that allows war to be perpetual in these nations. Pure and simple.

Sorry to get off track here, but yes, every religion is violent and nasty. They disguise themselves in the name of freedom and salvation and goodness and become the very definition of hypocrisy.

On another note. IMO govt needs religion. Few people will stand by their political convictions as strongly as they will their religious convictions. Therefore, in order for a govt to gain power, they must always back a religion (or group of religions). Who cares if this bastard is killing already born children 8,000 miles away if he's against killing unborn children at home. Every war (even if in the name of money/property/material) will be masked with religion. Isn't it funny how both sides can fight with god on their side? How can "god" choose a side in the first place if he is for humanity?

--------------------

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #6557521 - 02/12/07 10:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was being facetious with my first comment.  :smile:
No one hates freedom. Everyone fights under the name of freedom just as two sides can both claim to have God on their side.

You are correct to point out that US foreign policy has been creating problems for us in Iran Iraq and Afghanistan, to name a few. But I will point out that foreign terrorists have only attacked us once, and would caution against generalizing all terrorists into one group that has one set of motivations and desires. I would also caution against generalizing all religons into one thing. I don't agree that religon is inherintly hyporcripal, either.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: gluke bastid]
    #6557544 - 02/12/07 10:12 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gluke bastid said:
I was being facetious with my first comment.  :smile:
No one hates freedom. Everyone fights under the name of freedom just as two sides can both claim to have God on their side.

You are correct to point out that US foreign policy has been creating problems for us in Iran Iraq and Afghanistan, to name a few. But I will point out that foreign terrorists have only attacked us once, and would caution against generalizing all terrorists into one group that has one set of motivations and desires. I would also caution against generalizing all religons into one thing. I don't agree that religon is inherintly hyporcripal, either.

I completely agree with you, I just have a hard time putting into words the ideas within my head. And for one groups "unnecessary" attack on American soil, I can pull out plenty of attacks that America has led on foreign soil using false intelligence. Iraq anyone?

Religion isn't naturally hypocritical (sorry for stating this), it's the leaders who are. If one was to sit down and read through each groups selected "literature" one would find that all religions do indeed have the same pure message. Leaders choose to interpret that message into their own agenda, because they know that few people will sit down and truly read the book themselves, they'll just take the leaders word on it.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #6557558 - 02/12/07 10:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly. That's why Bush could fool all those "Christians". They either never read the bible, or else they didn't do what it said.

Ignorance blinds.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #6557734 - 02/12/07 11:22 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

trippindad82 said:
If one is supposedly for life, then how can one promote death? I don't understand how someone can be so outspoken against abortion yet can justify killing already born children 8,000 miles away?

Wars are monolithic events with monolithic goals in mind. Supporters of the Iraq war would argue that the real anti-life criminality taking place is the threat of terrorism. In this sense, apathy towards the threat is considered anti-life. But what about the invasion of Afghanistan, the "good war" that only crazy people and Muslims disagree with? What about World War II? Innocent Afghan and German civilians were killed unintently in those wars, but the monolithic goals - removing the base of Al Qaeda and overthrowing the Nazi regime - remained honorable causes.

But anyway... I find the protestant Christian pro-life crowd to be specifically hypocritical. They are ardently opposed to abortion, yet they are quite trigger-happy on supporting a war effort, and they are some of the most ardent defenders of capital punishment. Catholics on the other hand are at least consistent in their Culture of Life philosophy as they are opposed to abortion, war and capital punishment.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: Basilides]
    #6557925 - 02/12/07 12:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

But anyway... I find the protestant Christian pro-life crowd to be specifically hypocritical. They are ardently opposed to abortion, yet they are quite trigger-happy on supporting a war effort, and they are some of the most ardent defenders of capital punishment. Catholics on the other hand are at least consistent in their Culture of Life philosophy as they are opposed to abortion, war and capital punishment.

That to me makes them no different than any other religious fanatic or extremist.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #6557973 - 02/12/07 12:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

> If one is supposedly for life, then how can one promote death?

Doing Gods work is not promoting death. Abortion doctors, for example, kill, against Gods will. People that kill abortion doctors, for example, are simply performing Gods will, thus it isn't a sin. (I don't agree with this, but it is how the yoyo's justify their actions.)

> Because religion begets extreme hypocracy coupled with moral blindness...

Exactly! Even worse than moral blindness, they justify their immoral actions as Gods will.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: Seuss]
    #6558159 - 02/12/07 01:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The anti abortion nuts think they can control the choice of a mother to terminate he child's life. They can make a few stupid laws, but women have had the right to do this for as long as we have been here, simple because they can and they always will. Death will always happen. Trying to stop it is like trying to stop the sunrise.

Right wing fanatics cling to an issue like abortion, but destroy nature, kill non-christian children and poison themselves with their own short cut chemicals. I'm having fun watching their empire crumble...

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6558177 - 02/12/07 01:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Right wing fanatics cling to an issue like abortion, but destroy nature, kill non-christian children and poison themselves with their own short cut chemicals. I'm having fun watching their empire crumble...

I am having fun watching it too and I don't know if the day will come fast enough. What scares me most is that living in the nation where this is happening is I don't want to be here when the shit hits the fan. It is going to be nasty here.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#6558256 - 02/12/07 01:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm gonna invade Canada at that point.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #6558305 - 02/12/07 01:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
I'm gonna invade Canada at that point.

I wouldn't even want to be on this continent.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#6558341 - 02/12/07 01:53 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think Canada is going to be spared the totality of whatever happens to the U.S. because they are a much more reasonable people, though their edges may get a little scorched.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: A thought about bush/christian extremists [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #6562981 - 02/13/07 01:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If biological warfare was to be used, I doubt that Canada or Mexico would be able to escape unscathed.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#6563072 - 02/13/07 01:56 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Forget biological, if anything happens it will likely be good ole' nuke from our pals China, or Russia.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom