Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

LC growth?
    #6553577 - 02/11/07 09:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have 6 LC's that have been incubating for 3 weeks some of them have shown growth but other have shown little to none...is this a result to a contaminated LC??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: LC growth? [Re: jccc]
    #6553741 - 02/11/07 11:20 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i dont thiink that means its contammed, but maybe you did something wrong along the way. it should take about a week or so to be a ready to use LC.

maybe you didnt use enough spores? or if you used fruitbodies maybe they got too dried out before you used them. But i definately dont think its due to contams on account of you would probably see contam growth rather than no growth at all.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: LC growth? [Re: Drewwyann]
    #6553804 - 02/11/07 11:49 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What would contam growth look like i mean would the water get cloudyer or would i actually see the body of the mold growing in my LC?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: LC growth? [Re: jccc]
    #6553956 - 02/11/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Just a note here regarding this horrible LC fad people are doing. If you had used your syringe to inoculate jars of grains, you'd be very close to fruiting mushrooms by now, OR the jars would have turned green and you'd know there was a problem, which you can't see in LC.

You can use 9/10 of a jar of rye grain to lay in a tray for casing, then use the other 1/10 of the jar to make 20 or more mycelium syringes. Simply pour a pint(or more) of sterilized, distilled water into the jar that is 1/10 full of colonized grains. Shake well, then draw the solution into syringes. This procedure gives a very fast method of getting liquid mycelium syringes and fruits at the same time. Simply squirting spores into sugar water is a very poor and inefficient method of making liquid culture syringes and is drastically slowing down the progress of everyone using it. There's far better methods.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: LC growth? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6554008 - 02/11/07 12:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

my first innoc attempt _will_ be a Baby Bottle LC only because in terms of "proof of concept" it's quick and easy... and more importantly I'm moving in two months.

The LC gives me the opportunity to go through the basics of sterilization, inoculation and incubation ... and then, when i'm done I have something I can store refridgerated for a while until i'm all set up again.

In other words, it gives me a little bit of "right now" without committing me to an entire fruiting cycle.  :shrug:

As always, your results may vary...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offlinedonkers5257
Grand Inquisitor
    #6554106 - 02/11/07 01:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I can see how using leftover colonized grain to make mycelium syringes would be faster and more beneficial for someone who is constantly growing. But "My Kazakhstani pen-pal's trained chimp" prefers to do Karo LC's because he grows limited amounts at a time, and doesn't keep a single strain continuous cultivation. For that kind of grower, having a few LCs in the refrigerator of different strains is a convenient way to stretch a few spore syringes into a lot of transferable mycelium to be used whenver he finds time to start a grow, with several strains to choose from.

Offlinerogermarklar
TranscendentalJournier
Male

Re: LC growth? [Re: donkers5257]
    #6554641 - 02/11/07 04:03 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i wish i would have read RR say that before I tried Karo. I am less than impressed with the results. I really like the idea of making syringes w/ a jar of rye. I am shooting up 46 jars w/ my Karo LC's tomorrow, i guess well see how they go...

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: LC growth? [Re: rogermarklar]
    #6554667 - 02/11/07 04:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

RR's tek of making mycelium syringes is a sure fire way for lots of innoculant,I take some of this mycelium and shoot it into an LC solution...Gets thick enough to choke to death one :hehehe:

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6554721 - 02/11/07 04:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Just a note here regarding this horrible LC fad people are doing. If you had used your syringe to inoculate jars of grains, you'd be very close to fruiting mushrooms by now, OR the jars would have turned green and you'd know there was a problem, which you can't see in LC.

You can use 9/10 of a jar of rye grain to lay in a tray for casing, then use the other 1/10 of the jar to make 20 or more mycelium syringes. Simply pour a pint(or more) of sterilized, distilled water into the jar that is 1/10 full of colonized grains. Shake well, then draw the solution into syringes. This procedure gives a very fast method of getting liquid mycelium syringes and fruits at the same time. Simply squirting spores into sugar water is a very poor and inefficient method of making liquid culture syringes and is drastically slowing down the progress of everyone using it. There's far better methods.
RR

...but let us also not forget that you have a flowhood to more comfortably do this. LOL

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: LC growth? [Re: RoachMan]
    #6555011 - 02/11/07 06:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A flowhood is no more effective than a glovebox. They're just easier to work with and you have more wiggle room. Syringes made as I said above can be stored in the refrigerator for months, possibly years. I have some from two years ago that are still viable and the mycelium is still vigorous.

I just hate to see the new folks read the constant posts by other new growers about lc, lc, lc, as if it were some kind of good thing, when it's actually a quite slow and irresponsible method. If the lc is contaminated, you don't know for however long it takes to grow out, then wait to see what happens when you use it to inoculate your jars of grain or brf.

It's much faster if you lack agar skills to simply inoculate grains in a glovebox, then do as I suggested above. A quart jar of grains should be fully colonized from a spore syringe in two to three weeks, and you'll have a thousand times more mycelium than you will in that same time period in the anaerobic conditions under water, which are more favorable to bacteria.

When you shake your grain jar up, you can sniff through the filter for the 'fresh mushroom' smell if you have any doubts about bacteria contamination. If it's contaminated with the mean green, you'll have no doubt by just looking. You can't do that if you squirt your spores into sugar water. What you see is what you get, and trichoderma doesn't puke out green spores underwater. It grows its white mycelium that turns green when you use it to inject jars after all that work and waiting.

I'm just trying to help. This current lc fad has generated a ton of posts from all the failures that could have been easily prevented by sticking to sound mycological techniques. The lc success stories could have come much faster from following the above. Good luck to all.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetooth
High in thetreetops
    #6555091 - 02/11/07 06:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey RR-
I'm very interested in this technique for mycelium syringes, as my first shot at an LC has been pretty unimpressive. However, if starting off with a print, would you recommend making and LC with the spores of a print, or just making a syringe with the print? Keep in mind this is advice for a beginner grower.

--------------------
Check out My Journal

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: LC growth? [Re: tooth]
    #6555425 - 02/11/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

So true RR...so true it sucks to read what you said...i mean my LC's suck and to think i may have spent 60 bucks to get 4 syringes then shoot up some LC's and have them contaminated sucks....I recall think right after i shot the mycellium into the lc "i WONDER IF IT WOULD be better to just shoot these into jars then inoculate other jars via grain spawn" then telling myself "oh ill get five times the mycelium i started with my LC''.......3 weeks later 46 out of 50 jars contaminated with cobweb mold!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck