Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Loc: Sea of fire
Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question
    #6528852 - 02/04/07 03:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there...
Another first time grower here, I am wondering about something, I'm having trouble figuring out from looking at posts... I like the idea of incubating with the tank in tank tek, and i bought a fish tank heater today... so im wondering that since i can control the temperature well in there why not fruit in the same chamber that the incubation takes place in? In all of the teks I read about "moving" the cakes to the fruiting chamber. Is it possible to just drop the temperature and dump in some perlite etc.? Or is that the idea behind it and I somehow missed it... well I am just a little confused a little help would be appreciated, by the way I will be incubating in 10 gallon sterlite containers which definitely are not air tight, should these be sealed tighter for any part of the process... if I am the billionth person to ask this I apologize... thanks

--------------------
Things are both more trivial than they ever were, and more important than they ever were, and the difference between the trivial and the important doesn't seem to matter. But the now-ness of everything is absolutely wondrous...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: Daqq]
    #6528862 - 02/04/07 03:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

if I am the billionth person to ask this I apologize... thanks

Apology accepted .;)

You're welcome:grin:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

Not really a good idea . You don't want your jars incubating in all that humidity . Plus , you're supposed to have a temp drop of 10 degrees to help trigger pinning . Set up a TIT for incubating and some type of rubbermaid FC .:thumbup: You can use it for both , but not at the same time .

Good Luck

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Edited by HippieChick (02/04/07 03:49 AM)

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: HippieChick]
    #6528876 - 02/04/07 03:54 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

alright, gotcha...the reason i asked was because doing a search for it was impossible with all the keywords, thanks for the advice, thanks for forgiving my newb questions

--------------------
Things are both more trivial than they ever were, and more important than they ever were, and the difference between the trivial and the important doesn't seem to matter. But the now-ness of everything is absolutely wondrous...

Invisiblegeko
Human
Male

#6528905 - 02/04/07 04:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Daqq

HippieChick obviously didn't read in detail your question. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't use the same chamber, as long as you sanitize, add perlite and adjust the temp for the fruiting phase.

People are usually using different chambers because they are in a constant process of incubating/fruiting (both at the same time). You will be soon too... :cool: (as I will)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: geko]
    #6529507 - 02/04/07 11:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I see every reason not to do it. You don't adjust the temperature in a fruiting chamber. If there's even a degree or two difference in the inside and outside temperature, your tub will develop condensation, robbing the air inside of humidity. Use separate tubs for each, or better yet, incubate on a shelf at room temperature and save the tubs for fruiting chambers.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6529632 - 02/04/07 12:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

thats what i'd like to do, but I outlined my problem in another post... I live on a small boat that is heated with 1 1500 watt space heater and there isn't much insulation. If what you are saying, roger, is that it's a bad idea to fruit in a chamber that is significantly warmer than the room temperature, what is the alternative? I suppose I could keep the heater on all day while I'm gone, but I'm just not sure... what would happen if I left and it suddenly there was a hot day? (weird weather lately) then I could risk having my fruiting chamber heated up to 90 degrees with the heater blasting. There is a thermostat on my heater but it generally is accurate only for the immediate area around since there is so much heat exchange through the fiberglass on the boat. Maybe I am overly concerned with temperature and I should just be more patient? I suppose they experience temperature fluctuations in the wild and all ti does is slow down the process. insulated TiT seems attractive because I will be better able to control the temp with fish tank heater, but I suppose it would also be possible to use the space heater thermostat, though it's very inexact.

thanks btw geko, so you fruit in the same TiT, but what is the temperature like where you live?

--------------------

OfflineDeadHead881
The Green Thumb
Male

Loc: HIGH in the mountains!
    #6529688 - 02/04/07 12:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

When in a fruiting chamber they no longer need that warm of temperatures...a nice 75 is what i like to fruit at...if you have an incubation chamber then your jars will be at a constant temp during colonization no matter what the temp is on your boat....and once fruited then you will just have to maintain around 75-80 so you wont need the heater on all the time...and say the weather turns and the temp drops to like 65 for some reason they will still be fine...as long as you ahave a good fruiting chamber with good humidity and air exhange you should be good!

I have posted on some of your questions before and it seems like you are working in an interesting situation here..i would be more than glad to help you out with questions you have just PM me...hopefully this helps clear up the temp question as well

--------------------
Sometimes the lights all shinin on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been...
Jerry Garcia, forever in my heart.

"The oyster is the world and you are the pearl"
:syringe: :peace: :bigblunt: :bigjoint: :dancing::gethigh: :bongload: :rastamon: :mushroom2: :bouncysmoke:

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6529715 - 02/04/07 12:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

thats what i'd like to do, but I outlined my problem in another post... I live on a small boat that is heated with 1 1500 watt space heater and there isn't much insulation. If what you are saying, roger, is that it's a bad idea to fruit in a chamber that is significantly warmer than the room temperature, what is the alternative? I suppose I could keep the heater on all day while I'm gone, but I'm just not sure... what would happen if I left and it suddenly there was a hot day? (weird weather lately) then I could risk having my fruiting chamber heated up to 90 degrees with the heater blasting. There is a thermostat on my heater but it generally is accurate only for the immediate area around since there is so much heat exchange through the fiberglass on the boat. Maybe I am overly concerned with temperature and I should just be more patient? I suppose they experience temperature fluctuations in the wild and all ti does is slow down the process. insulated TiT seems attractive because I will be better able to control the temp with fish tank heater, but I suppose it would also be possible to use the space heater thermostat, though it's very inexact.

thanks btw geko, so you fruit in the same TiT, but what is the temperature like where you live?

--------------------

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

#6529727 - 02/04/07 12:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

maybe you guys dont realize just how cold it gets sometimes on here, usually ambient temperature is around 45 outside but once on a cold day it got so cold my olive oil frove, wow... so I am afraid there will be a cold or a hot snap and without the insulation of a house everything will get killed... whoops i just realized i posted my last post twice, sorry...

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
    #6529748 - 02/04/07 12:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Daqq said:
maybe you guys dont realize just how cold it gets sometimes on here, usually ambient temperature is around 45 outside but once on a cold day it got so cold my olive oil frove, wow... so I am afraid there will be a cold or a hot snap and without the insulation of a house everything will get killed... whoops i just realized i posted my last post twice, sorry...

It's a boat , move it somewhere warm .:grin: Ever heard of tropical islands , lol .

Good Luck

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

OfflineDeadHead881
The Green Thumb
Male

Loc: HIGH in the mountains!
Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: HippieChick]
    #6529774 - 02/04/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

well you are the only one who knows exactly what its like so ur just guna have to do what you have to do to maintian a 75-80 temp with your heater on the boat...the incubating jars will be fine...but you cannot fruit in your incubation chamber so once your cakes are brithed your guna maybe have to have that heat cranked most of the time to maintian a constant temp it sounds like..play around with it and get it down to a science before its time to birth

--------------------
Sometimes the lights all shinin on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been...
Jerry Garcia, forever in my heart.

"The oyster is the world and you are the pearl"
:syringe: :peace: :bigblunt: :bigjoint: :dancing::gethigh: :bongload: :rastamon: :mushroom2: :bouncysmoke:

OfflineDaqq
Magnetic Field
Male

Re: Fruiting and Incubating in same chamber- quick question [Re: DeadHead881]
    #6529844 - 02/04/07 12:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

alright well that answers my question... at least where i live there is an average humidity of around 80 percent so thats to my favor... thanks for all the help guys

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom