Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemicololo2
Stranger

Loc: Québec, Canada
Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint
    #6505181 - 01/28/07 02:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hi. I would like here to thank Freesporeprint for his involvment. Statisticly, about 80% of the spores I've tried have germinated.

1.Lepista Glaucocana
Does someone knows if this mushroom is a good edible mushroom? And more info. If you find a link. Thanks

2. Lepista Nuda
I don't know why but in 4 tries I,ve never got a culture from it. If someone has one in a slant in very good condition, I'll exchange with you for the species you want. Thanks

BTW Chicken of the wood is another one that miss in my culture bank collection. I can exchange for it too. Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechrisscole
Mr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oxon, England
Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: micololo2]
    #6505255 - 01/28/07 03:09 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Lepista Glaucocana:
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepista_glaucocana

Kind of edible. But adviced against.

Chris

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: chrisscole]
    #6505327 - 01/28/07 03:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I MAY be able to help you out with the Blewit. Give me another week or so to see if it fruits. It's an experimental culture really.

Offlinenewearthmushroom
apologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: ky
Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: Hotnuts]
    #6507010 - 01/29/07 12:58 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have made a few outdoor beds of blewt from a strain i cloned. The beds were just oak leaves and they both fruted quite well. Unless i am just lucky the blewt seems to be an easy one to grow outside..

Invisiblemicololo2
Stranger

Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: chrisscole]
    #6507410 - 01/29/07 06:41 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Chrisscole.
Looks like Italian. If I well understood this mush is not a good edible. If I can't find positive infos on that mush, I don't have any reasons to keep space in the fridg for this beautifull culture.

Hi Hotnuts,
be sure I'll wait and trade with you if you can get a good culture of it. I've never grew that mush. I don't know where you live should be far from here because it's -31C this morning. Something around -40 with the windshield factor. Did you know that, in these conditions, if I throw a cup of boiling water outside, I'll never see the water fall on the ground. With a strange noise the water will disapear in the air on a bizar smoke. This amaze poeple when they see that for the first time.
Bye +

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #6509875 - 01/29/07 08:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Getting a clean culture from my spores should be easy as pie. This culture is an experiment i'm doing using salt with spores and dry tissues that are dirty. I can fire up some spores on agar to get the ball rolling here because i'm not certain that this project will work out. I should've cloned the nicest looking specimen, but I didn't sadly because I had a nice print and just got lazy at that time. Plus I was hungry and wolfed them down. Man, they're good! hehe

Edited by Hotnuts (01/29/07 08:12 PM)

Invisiblemicololo2
Stranger

Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: Hotnuts]
    #6511276 - 01/30/07 06:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Here's another tip on how to get clean spores. A lot of mush are giving 2 or 3 sporulations.
The first that falls are durty, the second are almost clean. The problem is to be there and watch them and be there at the right time to seperate them. In a glove box, after first flush spores move the hat on another paper for a second print. Anyway cleaning a culture is not a secret but only ask patience and skills.
Later+

OfflineFreeSporePrints
Male User Gallery
Loc: Rome, Italy Flag
    #6512366 - 01/30/07 01:19 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hello micololo2,I quoted wikipedia, yes is italian an i made this translation for you.

"- Commestibilità
Discreta, previa cottura, data la sua stretta parentela con L. nuda (tossico da crudo). Non è necessaria la prebollitura.

Il sapore è buono ma in alcuni casi si è dimostrato alquanto sgradevole (terroso) e per tale motivo se ne sconsiglia il consumo.
Si pensa che questa variabilità di sapore dipenda dal substrato di crescita."

"- Ediblity
Reasonable, however you've to cook it, it's friend of L. nuda, that's toxic when uncooked. Isn't necessary the preboiling.

The taste of this mushroom is good but sometimes is unpleasant (it tastes of ground).Someone thinks that the unpleasant taste is caused from the substrate."

In other words it's good but you've to test substrates. Of course eat it a bit the forst time, i don't want you become a mutant :P

Fabio

Invisiblemicololo2
Stranger

Re: Lepista Glaucocana, Nuda. Freesporeprint [Re: FreeSporePrints]
    #6512463 - 01/30/07 01:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hola Amigo
Thanks a lot FSP. I'll try it on old spent shiitake blocks with somekind of mix with leaves. I'll see.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates