Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
SP2 Security Pop-Up (MSN)
    #6498541 - 01/26/07 08:37 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Since i installed SP2, everytime I receive a file over msn i get an annoying pop-up telling me i cant have my file cause its "potentially harmful". Well fuck me, what file you receive over msn isn't? I'll be the one to judge that

But what fucks me off most is that even when i want access to the file, harmful or not, i cant seem to find the configuration to allow me.

Anyone care to expand on this?

Peace,
Mushie Man

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Edited by Mushie_Man (01/26/07 08:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: SP2 Security Pop-Up (MSN) [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #6498626 - 01/26/07 09:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I googled your error message and found *this*.

Quote:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

Note: As always, before making changes to your registry you should always make sure you have a valid backup. In cases where you’re supposed to delete or modify keys or values from the registry it is possible to first export that key or value(s) to a .REG file before performing the changes.

2. Locate the following key in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations

Note: If the Associations key doesn’t exist you need to manually create it under the Policies key (Right-click > New > Key)

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value: “LowRiskFileTypes” (String Value, or REG_SZ type)
4. In the value data area paste the following list:

.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.vbs;.inf;.msi;.htm;.html;.swf;.js;.mp3;.mp2;.ape;.apl;.flac;.shn;.mpc;.mp+;.wma;.ogg;
.mp4;.aac;.voc;.mid;.mac;.cda;.kar;.midi;.rar;.zip;.wav;.jpg;.gif;.png;.bmp;.jpeg;.doc;.xls;.pls;.pub;.dat;.html;.htm;.avi;mpg;
.mpeg;.nfo;.txt;.torrent;.diz;.ppt;.m3u;.sfv;.tar;.htt;.mht;.asp;.aspx;.tiff;.rtf;.ini;.cab;.ico;.icl;.ip;.iptheme;.msstyles;.theme;.dll;.psd;.vbs;
.swf;.php;.xaml;.iso;.bin;.cue;.xml;.par;.par2;.ace;.arj;.lzh;.7z;.gz;.bz;.uue;.bz2;.jar;.z;.ade;.adn;.adp;.aia;.img;.date;.aip;
.ait;amf;.ani;.aob;.asf;.csv;.fla;.pxr;.wmv;.nrg;.mov;.sav;.xhtml;.php5;.pxr;.m4a;.qxr;.h;.cpp;.pdd;.rle;.dib;.eps;.jpe;.pcx;.pdp;

.raw;.pct;.pict;.sct;.tga;.vda;.icd;.vst;.tif;.tpl;.log;.prx;.cdf;.nls;.ax;.msc;.cpl;.EXE;.BAT;.COM;.CMD;.REG;.VBS;.INF;.MSI;.HTM;

.HTML;.SWF;.JS;.MP3;.MP2;.APE;.APL;.FLAC;.SHN;.MPC;.MP+;.WMA;.OGG;.MP4;.AAC;.VOC;.MID;.MAC;.CDA;.KAR;.MIDI;.RAR;.ZIP;
.WAV;.JPG;.GIF;.PNG;.BMP;.JPEG;.DOC;.XLS;.PLS;.PUB;.DAT;.HTML;.HTM;.AVI;MPG;.MPEG;.NFO;.TXT;.TORRENT;.DIZ;.PPT;.M3U;
.SFV;.TAR;.HTT;.MHT;.ASP;.ASPX;.TIFF;.RTF;.INI;.CAB;.ICO;.ICL;.IP;.IPTHEME;.MSSTYLES;.THEME;.DLL;.PSD;.VBS;.SWF;.PHP;
.XAML;.ISO;.BIN;.CUE;.XML;.PAR;.PAR2;.ACE;.ARJ;.LZH;.7Z;.GZ;.BZ;.UUE;.BZ2;.JAR;.Z;.ADE;.ADN;.ADP;.AIA;.IMG;.DATE;.AIP;.AIT;AMF;
.ANI;.AOB;.ASF;.CSV;.FLA;.PXR;.WMV;.NRG;.MOV;.SAV;.XHTML;.PHP5;.PXR;.M4A;.QXR;.H;.CPP;.PDD;.RLE;.DIB;.EPS;JPE;.PCX;.PDP;.RAW;
.PCT;.PICT;.SCT;.TGA;.VDA;.ICD;.VST;.TIF;.TPL;.LOG;.PRX;.CDF;.NLS;.AX;.MSC;.CPL;

Note: The above list is, for my best knowledge, similar to the default settings in Windows XP. The thing that makes it different is the fact that it is specifically specified, and thus overwrites the default Windows settings. You could achieve the same thing by using Active Directory-enabled Group Policies (GPOs), however on a stand alone machine the local Group Policy editor does NOT have the ability to edit the above list, thus the need to manually enter it into the registry.

I am not aware of any issues with adding this list of file types, but just to be on the safe side, use the above list at your own risk.

5. Close the registry editor.
6. Reboot the computer for settings to take place.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: SP2 Security Pop-Up (MSN) [Re: OJK]
    #6523184 - 02/02/07 11:42 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nope, didn't work, thanks anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas?

This is really annoying and unavoidable.

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: SP2 Security Pop-Up (MSN) [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #6523339 - 02/02/07 12:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:
Nope, didn't work, thanks anyway.

Anyone else got any ideas?

This is really annoying and unavoidable.

Nopes, my bad, after a restart works fine.

Thanks.

--------------------
We just met
But you're on it too

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale