Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Fruiting Question... First Timer
    #649520 - 05/28/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Everyone... I am a first time grower using the PF TEK and currently have 8 fully colonized cakes in a terrarium. For over a week now I have been anxiously waiting for pin heads to start forming, and today I finally saw something!
But what I saw surprised me. I had been assuming that the pin heads would sprout from the tops of my cakes, but they are not doing that at all! They are coming out right towards the bottom of the cake, and they are twisted and sort of thick like an incense cone.
Is this normal??? Did I somehow put the cakes in upside down? I thought you were supposed to stand them up in the terrarium the same way they were in the jars (i.e., side with the vermiculite on it on top). And I thought the pin heads would be skinny like a pin too, which they aren't!
It's been over a week now, and only 3 or 4 of the cakes are showing any sort of fruiting like this.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and sorry for the ignorance! I am a first time grower tho

RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemartron
Stranger
Re: Fruiting Question... First Timer [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #649533 - 05/28/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Your cakes are upside down. Flip them over and you should be okay. Don't worry about the incense like cones. All that means is that you're growing large mushrooms =). That's how they look before they really start to take a full-on mushroomy look, so rest easy and enjoy the process.

--------------------
"I'd hate to promote weird chemicals, alcohol, violence, and madness, but it's always worked for me"

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #649549 - 05/28/02 10:48 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It doesn?t really matter which way you put the cakes. The natural way to birth them would be the vermiculite layer down. But as I said, it doesn?t matter much.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Fruiting Question... First Timer [Re: Anno]
    #649556 - 05/28/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Oh man!! I can't believe I put them in upside down... I just tried to flip them, but there's a problem. The cakes are sitting on paper towels, and the paper towels have become stuck to the bottoms (actually the tops!) of them! Are you sure it wont matter if they are upside down? The "pin heads" are still growing upward even tho they're at the bottom.
Will I have less fruiting since they're upside down?
Thanks for your replies! At least I know better for next time!

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #649592 - 05/28/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

like anno said, it dosen't matter wich way they are oriented. what will amke a difference is if you get impatient and flip them around too often but then it will only slow them down a little since they have to get oriented to grow. you might as well leave them but it doesn't matter much, just try not to overhandle them.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix