Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC)
    #6490150 - 01/23/07 05:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This photo is an interesting example of how the Cubes grow in fierce tropical summer heat and rainstorms:

You can see a darker blue staining on the stems.

And notice the wavy margin on these caps!

These were found during a very sweaty and humid midsummer day in southwest Florida several years ago.

The shrooms were fried from the misquitoe infested swamp heat, and filled with bugs and larvae.

Notice the wavy cap margin..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #6490162 - 01/23/07 05:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nice. never seen a wavy capped cubensis! That bruising is pretty intense. Too bad the bugs found the before you.

--------------------

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: CureCat]
    #6490182 - 01/23/07 05:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

bugs always find before I, but it matters not.

--------------------

OfflineMarleryCatooOO
Attained Insight
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, U.S.
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: 2859558484]
    #6490287 - 01/23/07 06:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

wow, thats pretty cool. Ive never seen them so wavy like that

--------------------
:yinyang: *Good Vibes* :yinyang:

OfflineShurmMan
Stranger

Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: MarleryCatooOO]
    #6490356 - 01/23/07 07:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I get them Wavy ever now and again... in northeast florida... Is that picture Recent?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: ShurmMan]
    #6490670 - 01/23/07 08:28 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

okay, the proceedure is:

read first, then reply...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: canid]
    #6491178 - 01/23/07 11:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

concretefeet said:
okay, the proceedure is:

read first, then reply...

Seriously folks.

It really ticks me off, when people respond without actually reading. What is the point of having a conversation- much less asking a question, if you are not even paying attention???

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: ShurmMan]
    #6491672 - 01/24/07 03:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShurmMan said:
I get them Wavy ever now and again... in northeast florida... Is that picture Recent?

Quote:

These were found during a very sweaty and humid midsummer day in southwest Florida several years ago

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: 2859558484]
    #6492525 - 01/24/07 12:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
bugs always find before I, but it matters not.

lol yea
I have seen shrooms with bugs in them so many times
but like you said I still eat them

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #6492870 - 01/24/07 02:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I like Wavy caps after a hot summer shower.. I found one that had a purple Bug size swimming pool in it... One of them days with no camera!

Hey G'One...
What you have to say about the spoor less mushrooms in the Winter?

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: YESSUP]
    #6492949 - 01/24/07 02:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

A few years back i had a big problem wih bug in my caps. Every time i would dry them, i would find small fruit fly like maggots eating all the gills and some of the caps. I couldent get rid of them, no mater how much i washed them before drying. Then one day i took a magnifying glass and took a peek at the gills, and there they were. Little white balls stuck to the gills on several caps, fly eggs. Now i know to check the gills thourghly before washing and drying.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #6492981 - 01/24/07 02:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

They run up the inside of the stem....
Here are a couple photos..

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineShurmMan
Stranger

Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: YESSUP]
    #6493154 - 01/24/07 03:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Honest mistake...

Whoever was trying to be an ass about it can kiss my ass...

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #6493187 - 01/24/07 03:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

washing is *not* the way to get bugs out, you want to get rid of moisture as quick as you can [within reason]. washing saturates them. the larvae will leave as the mushrooms dry. thier gastric enzymes won't digest the flesh of the fungi without water.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E
    #6493339 - 01/24/07 04:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Those wavy caps remind me of a Stropharia Ambigua I found last year.

Now Stropharia Ambiguas remind me even more of Cubes.:D

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: canid]
    #6494116 - 01/24/07 09:09 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well at the time i was hunting, i picked within reason. I could have pulled in pounds and pounds fresh, but usually id just get enough for that day, or for the next few weeks, or enough for a few friends. I rarely dry them, because i dont have them on hand that long. If i felt like tripping on any partiular day, id just go for a walk.

And id stock up on tea instead of drying them for the winter since i dont have a dehydrator, or even a fan. The several times i did dry, was when i was going to a buddies that lives a ways away, and hates tea.

But no more, the feild i used hasnt had cattle in it for 2 years now. It sucks too, cuz it was only a 5 min walk through a small forest to the edge of a 5 acre feild that has no houses anywhere near eyeshot. Zero chance of getting busted.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
    #6494140 - 01/24/07 09:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

awesome pics GG!!  those remind me of some i posted awhile back last October          what are the (avg) high temps in which you have been finding those funguyz?    :mushroom2:

Offlinedalmonk
Stranger
    #6495924 - 01/25/07 01:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ThirdEyeOpening said:
And id stock up on tea instead of drying them for the winter

Just out of curiousity, how long were you able to keep the tea and in what conditions?

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: An example of Psilocybe cubensis growing in the hot, swampy, Florida heat (PIC) [Re: dalmonk]
    #6495962 - 01/25/07 01:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I just cranked the freezer all the way down, im not sure of the actual temp inside of it but id guess ~0F. I had also measured the tea out into doses inside of old water bottles, that way i didnt have to unfreeze the whole batch to dose. I had ~20 doses for the winter, and a dose being ~3g dry. But alot of math went into the dosage, so i really dont know how much was in each just a ballpark figure. My final haul for that year was ~ 700g wet.

I had my last dose from that feild at the begining of the season last year, and this season was really disapointing, as i couldent get enough to make my winter batch. I was only able to get ~200g from a new feild i had found. It was really annoying to as i had to go to VA for the prime 2 months of the season. :sad: And i had my last dose on New Years this year.

--------------------

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
    #6496011 - 01/25/07 01:58 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

those wavy caps look very similar to an orissa substrain i grew a couple weaks back. the caps looked normal until right after they opened, when they warped much like that

--------------------
----------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder