Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

$4 million worth of cocaine confiscated [IL]
    #6480580 - 01/20/07 06:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Sheriff's police confiscate nearly $4 million worth of cocaine
January 20, 2007 - jg-tc.com

MAYWOOD, Ill. - Authorities have arrested three men and confiscated nearly $4 million worth of cocaine, two vehicles and more than $250,000 in cash in an undercover drug bust, Cook County Sheriff's police said Friday.

Omar Astroga, 38, of Galesburg was charged with delivery of a controlled substance and possession of cocaine. Wilbert Peyton, 56, of Tallahassee, Fla. and James Thornton, 55, of Richmond, Va. each were charged with possession with intent to deliver, according to a release from the Cook County Sheriff's police department.

All three were jailed pending Saturday bond hearings. It was unclear Friday night if any had retained an attorney. There was no telephone listing for an Astroga or a Peyton at addresses provided by police. A call to number listed for Thornton's address went to a business' after-hours recording.

The release from police said Peyton and Thornton were stopped Thursday in a pickup truck in Bedford Park by officers who had received information about potential drug activity involving two out-of-state men.

Police said the men consented to a search during which officers found eight kilos of cocaine hidden in a compartment in the driver's seat. A later search yielded another four kilos of cocaine in another compartment.

An investigation revealed the men had earlier met with Astroga at a Cicero home, police said. Officers searched the home and found $250,000 in cash hidden in an unmade bed, a money counter and security cameras monitoring the front and back doors.

Astroga was arrested at the home, police said.

Police seized from the home's garage a second truck in which they found more hidden compartments, an ounce of cocaine and a scale commonly used to weigh drugs, according to the department.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejdirty
Is this real?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: S.W. Louisiana
Re: $4 million worth of cocaine confiscated [IL] [Re: veggie]
    #6480843 - 01/20/07 08:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

consented to a search my ass. the cops prolly lied.. said something like, 'i am smelling a strong presense of burnt marijuana, therefor I dont need a warrant, i have the right to search so you might as well let me'. It would give him the right to search, but he really aint smelled the shit.

they tried that on me once during a traffic stop, still wouldnt let him search.. infact I told him to call the dog (lousy attempt at reverse psychology). he did call the dog, just so happen that the dog caught a wiff of my pipe that was in the center console. I'm really glad he didnt find the cigarette wrapper with almost a whole quarter oz stuffed by the seatbelt thingy.. or the ten pack of green farrari's me and my boy had to 'dispose of'. It got funny when my boy pissed his pants while the cops were finishing up with the citation, they thought it was strange.. he claimed that he couldnt hold it any longer.. impulse piss. man those were some good pills.

--------------------

I HATE people who take drugs.
Like cops, DEA agents and custom officials

Offlinefunkyjunky
Sigh Low Sippin'
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: brick city
Re: $4 million worth of cocaine confiscated [IL] [Re: jdirty]
    #6481168 - 01/20/07 10:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jdirty said:
or the ten pack of green farrari's me and my boy had to 'dispose of'. It got funny when my boy pissed his pants while the cops were finishing up with the citation, they thought it was strange.. he claimed that he couldnt hold it any longer.. impulse piss. man those were some good pills.

I was picturing the first scene in "Super Troopers".  "Candybars" :laugh:

--------------------
Long Live the Shroomery
Peace

Jump to top Pages: 1