Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerivermonk
Stranger
Casing and RH question
    #647596 - 05/27/02 09:49 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Greetings,

I am currently successfully growing my first set of P Cubensis B+ via cakes (MMGG). Now I'd like to try casing (with the same strain). What I'm thinking about doing is having two chambers, one for colonizing and one for pinning/fruiting since these phases each require different RH/temp. (Then I could have some kind of neat rotation going on all the time.) I'd like to use perlite in both chambers (I like simplicity), and it seems really easy to get a high humidity, but perhaps a bit harder to get a lower humidity. Can someone using perlite tell me how they were able to keep their RH at 80% using perlite? I assume it requires some air flow, but I am unclear how to do it.

Many thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Casing and RH question [Re: rivermonk]
    #647610 - 05/27/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

cubensis are very adaptable.. leave the casings in a perlite humidified terrarium and just fan it every 4 hours or so. no rh meter or anything! good luck

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Casing and RH question [Re: rivermonk]
    #647613 - 05/27/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah thats a good idea. I was thinking about setting something like that up myself when I got enough money for another aquarium heater. (That would be the 3rd one)

Well basically dont put in as much perlite, add a fish tank pump and/or cut some ventalation holes and plug with polyfill. All three might make it like 80%, maybe lower. Casings post pinning still need to be around 85% or so.

I do it by all threee. I have about 1/2 filled with perlite, a pump running 24/7 and a few holes iwth polyfill, and I get it to be around 85-88%.

Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate