Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChewsky23
Noobie
Male
Two more dumb questions about growing,
    #6473779 - 01/18/07 03:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

K well as i asked before i guess i didn't specify, but i already put brown rice chopped up with the vermiculite inside the jars. The problem is that i don't know if this will work. I'd say a grain of rice cut into 1/3 is the size of the chunks of rice. Secondly how much light do mushrooms really need? I've read that they need up 2 6 hours and some say they only need 10 minutes so they can sense in which direction to grow? Can anyone help on either question? Thanks alot. And sorry for the dumb questions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Two more dumb questions about growing, [Re: Chewsky23]
    #6473817 - 01/18/07 03:19 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

home-ground brown rice flour does seem to work better if its a little chunky, but yours sounds a little too chunky.  it should be more of a powdery consistency than broken up chunks of rice.  that's not to say it wont work, it probably will, but it throws off your measurements and the recipe - you've probably put less rice in than you should have if you followed a recipe, just because of their shape and size and how that works out within a measuring cup... less rice means too much water and well, you get the picture... :wink:

you'll get tons of different opinions on light.  long story short, don't worry about it, its way overemphasized.  as long as they see *some* light from *some* source for at least a small portion of each day, it will turn out fine.  if in doubt, or at least as a starting point for your own personal experimentation, if a light on a timer is involved, emulate nature: set it to something similar as a regular day light cycle 10-12 hours on 14-12 hours off something in that range... i promise you'll find you can get equal results with far less.

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Two more dumb questions about growing, [Re: creamcorn]
    #6473820 - 01/18/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"if you can see your fruiting chamber, it is getting enough light"

--------------------
----------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck