Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO]
    #6473074 - 01/18/07 11:32 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Couple nailed in Fulton drug bust
January 18, 2007 - Fulton Sun

A local couple stands accused of manufacturing DMT - an illegal, hallucinogenic drug that officials have compared to LSD - with ingredients and instructions obtained via the Internet.

Amanda M. Matthew, 23, of Fulton, and boyfriend Mark S. Gianoli, 24, of Columbia, are scheduled to appear in court March 9, on charges of possession of controlled substance with intent to distribute.

The pair faces the felony charges after Callaway County Sheriff's officials conducted a Jan. 8 raid on a laboratory allegedly operated inside Matthew's home outside Fulton.

CCSD narcotics investigator Shannon Jeffries said initial reports led investigators to believe the couple was making methamphetamine. Several household chemicals common to meth manufacture, such as ammonia, had been spotted inside Matthew's home, he said.

So officials were surprised to find the pair near completion of a four-step process for making DMT, which Jeffries said is not unheard-of in large cities but extremely unusual in Callaway County.

“There's not many labs of this stuff in production,” Jeffries said.

DMT, or dimethyltryptamine, is classified by the Drug Enforcement Administration as a Schedule 1 narcotic, meaning it is believed to have a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use. The chemical can be found naturally in plants and is used in shamanic rituals practiced by indigenous peoples and religious sects of South America.

As a street drug, crystalline DMT is typically smoked to produce a short-lived but extremely potent psychotropic high, Jeffries said.

Jeffries said the drug's rarity likely led the couple online to seek ingredients and instructions for its manufacture.

“You would be surprised the number of recipes you can get over the Internet,” he said.

For now, Jeffries said he does not believe the bust indicates that DMT use or manufacture is accelerating locally.

“I hope it's a fluke,” he said. “Once one or two people know how to do this, it can flare up.

“We hope to get a handle on this quickly.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: veggie]
    #6473078 - 01/18/07 11:33 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is a good thing for any DMT home synthesizers to read...so that they realize they may be raising suspicions of meth lab action with their purchases.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6473184 - 01/18/07 12:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, high potential for abuse. Yeah man, gotta have my DMT fix. Fools. Most people don't even know what the hell DMT is, let alone want to abuse it. It's scary shit, I know I'm not ready to touch it yet.

--------------------
!

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: jewunit]
    #6473223 - 01/18/07 12:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Holy shit thats near me.

A good lawyer will get them off though. I'd challenge that warrant right away.

I thought about that back when I did the whole DMT thing...having all those meth making chems. Heck, buying naptha at a hardware store makes you look like a criminal now. Sad isnt it?

Im surprised the police had any clue what the substance was. I also like how they are charging them with intent to distribute.

I wonder how they got the warrant. Where police just looking through windows for meth making materials? Did a neighbor call thinking they were making meth? Id like to see the case file on this one for sure!

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6473227 - 01/18/07 12:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Well Mr. Jeffries, you're a fucking dumbass if you think you can "get a handle" on people making DMT. The only thing you guys have "a handle on" is wasting taxpayer money like it was TP and you just had a massive case of diarrhea.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: DNKYD]
    #6473232 - 01/18/07 12:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Quote:

Well Mr. Jeffries, you're a fucking dumbass if you think you can "get a handle" on people making DMT. The only thing you guys have "a handle on" is wasting taxpayer money like it was TP and you just had a massive case of diarrhea.

Just wait untill everything we buy anywhere is ran through a database and checked against other things we purchase. Then if there are things that could possible be used to make drugs in combination, they can just send out a nice "peace officer" to search your house and make sure nothing illegal is being done. Doesnt that sound like a wonderful world? It sounds like ther America of the future...thats for sure.

OfflineCUBErt
Connoisseur ofHallucination
Male

Loc: Southern CA
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6473257 - 01/18/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
This is a good thing for any DMT home synthesizers to read...so that they realize they may be raising suspicions of meth lab action with their purchases.

Good point. Thanks to a friend synthesizing I got to try this wonderful substance for the first time recently. It was a great and profoud experience, and it sickens me to see people going to jail for it. I will let my friend know ASAP, and perhaps people should have different people order different chems/supplies for the synthesis so they don't raise any red flags

--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: CUBErt]
    #6473509 - 01/18/07 01:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

What a lie! This is just plain nuts. Ammonia?

Ammonia isn't used in making meth. They use anhydrous ammonia which is a whole different beast. Since ammonia can't be used to make meth the basis for their warrant is completely invalid. Any good lawyer will get them off.

When are they going to bust that infamous "Mr. Clean" guy anyway. Window washers beware, the government is on to you.

-FF

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: fastfred]
    #6473585 - 01/18/07 02:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fastfred said:Since ammonia can't be used to make meth the basis for their warrant is completely invalid.

I hope they get it thrown out, but they may apply the Good Faith exception, which allows the use of confiscated evidence if the officers "acted in good faith, reasonably, and under the authority of an apparently valid search warrant."

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: dblaney]
    #6473635 - 01/18/07 02:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i thought it was pretty easy to not get caught making DMT. It only takes about a day to make enough to last you a year.

--------------------

Offlinetheduke
Metal Mushie
Male

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
    #6473722 - 01/18/07 02:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

Several household chemicals common to meth manufacture, such as ammonia, had been spotted inside Matthew's home, he said.

This seem odd to anyone else? I mean, were the neighbors peering in this guy's windows saying "Ammonia, that's mighty suspicious...I'd better ring up the DEA about this."?

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: theduke]
    #6473772 - 01/18/07 03:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Looks like it was some well to do nosey fucker whom got the ball rolling.

But whos to say.

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: Schwip]
    #6473781 - 01/18/07 03:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its not like the police said it was straight up ammonia, the reporter made claims like that.

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #6473797 - 01/18/07 03:12 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I got charged with manf. of DMT a couple weeks ago myself! Luckily that's not what was happening, so I'm squared away. I feel for these guys.

Everyone's brain produces DMT. We should all go to jail! We're gonna get addicted to ourselves when we figure our how to use it!

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

--- [Re: Grok]
    #6473947 - 01/18/07 04:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 07:35 PM)

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

--- [Re: fastfred]
    #6473955 - 01/18/07 04:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 07:35 PM)

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #6475266 - 01/19/07 12:04 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I hope someone kills Shannon Jeffries.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #6475858 - 01/19/07 09:21 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

They fail to mention that its also made naturally by the human body - oh fuck we are all walking DMT labs - kill everyone quick!  Assholes :rotfl:

--------------------

Offline2FiNiTe
ConsideratlyKilling Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: TurricaN]
    #6476636 - 01/19/07 01:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
I hope someone kills Shannon Jeffries.

voodoo doll anyone?

--------------------
"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living."

General Omar N. Bradley

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: Couple busted for manufacture of DMT [MO] [Re: fastfred]
    #6476986 - 01/19/07 03:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I stay away from corrisive poisons, but...

3% liquid ammonia can indeed be used to make meth as well as other drugs. It can provide a source for ammonia gas emission with a few relatively simple steps and pieces of glassware. But, as I'm sure you already know, it would be incredibly dangerous and probably illegal.

This dude could possibly be fooked.

--------------------
Echoes

Edited by wietstocker (01/19/07 03:34 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom