Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Loc: In the Middle
Greenhouse set-up needs help.
    #6470379 - 01/17/07 05:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

(I will try to make this as short as possible)

What I bought...

A 4 Tier Greenhouse  - 29X17X60 ($34.99)
A Cool Mist Hunidifer - ReliOn (small room -output 1.25gallons $20)
Various fittings 
Dishwasher hose (about 3/4inch tube that is accordion-like)
100% silicone sealant
A Taylor Hygrometer ($4)  (it seems to be pretty accurate when tested)

Where I put it....

In the basement, inside a closed room.  This room contains...  A 600W High Pressure Sodium lamp that runs 12 hours a day.  Also running in this room is a dehumidifier that turns on when the ambient humidity reaches 60%.  There is also an oscillating floor fan that runs 24/7 that keeps the temp in the room right about 70degrees when the lamps are on.  I don't know the temp when the lamps are off.  These are all things that MUST stay in this room.

So, what I did was this... I put together the greenhouse as directed.  I modified the humidifier by covering the output with Gorilla Tape, drilled a 3/4" hole for the new output, attached a 3/4" coupler, put some sealant on it, then attached my dishwasher hose. I also taped a high quality furnace filter over the intake. It is rated Merv 11 and says that it blocks mold spores. I also filled the unit with tap water.  I set it on top of the dehumidifier to get it off of the floor.  Then I attached the other end of the dishwasher hose to a 90degree PVC elbow.  This elbow is fit into the tent by cutting a 1.25inch hole in 2 jewel cases...slapped on either side of the plastic with silicone and taped like crazy with Gorilla Tape... Then, I fit the elbow into the jewel cases by ways of male adapter and siliconed it all together nice and tight. yeehaw.  I tested for air leaks just by feeling with my hand. nada.

So, then hung the hygrometer on one of the shelves and zippered it up.  I set the greenhouse on top of a rubbermaid lid, and then on 2 milk crates so that it would sit of the ground about 12inches. 

I left it alone overnight.  When I checked temp and humidity this morning... It was reading about 70degrees with 74% humidity.  I checked for air leaks and found that my entry-port had shifted and needed to be siliconed some more... so that raised it a couple of percents to 76%... well, then I shortened the hose by about 4ft.  Now it is up to 80% humidity and the temp is 68degrees.  BTW, there is nothing in the greenhouse.

These are my goals...
:sun:To get the humidity level to at least 90%. 
:sun:To get the temperature up to 74degrees.

This is what I understand...

:sun:The optimal temperature for casings in the pinning/fruiting stage is 74-78degrees. Yes, I am following Hyphae's pinning strategy!

:sun:The optimal humidity for pinning is 95%humidity and for fruiting you can drop it down to 90%.  Don't know where I got this exactly. Help.

For now, I am crumbling PF cakes to a 50/50 verm/peat casing. Until I exhaust my supply of BRF this is what has to work.  When that happens, I am going to experiment with WBS and HPoo.. but for now...

I need help figuring out how to raise the temp and humidity in my greenhouse. 

I also have some other questions. 

I noticed, HippieChick, that you have PVC pipe with outlets at each shelf... would you suggest that for me?  If so, I am wondering if I could have more detailed pics of that set-up including how it attaches to your humidifiers.

I don't mind investing some cash, but not unnecessarily (sp). 

This forum has helped me so much and the community of shroomlovers on this site are truly a group of beautiful people!  Hopefully, someday, I will be in a position to give out advice rather than just take... take.... take! 

Peace and Love.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
All posts are a works of fiction meant to entertain the masses. In no way do they imply that I break any laws, ordinances, or statutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: PsyliChick]
    #6470385 - 01/17/07 05:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

put a tray of perlite under it, pipe cool mist, run 24/7 cool mist and i hope that hps has some pot plants under it

--------------------
----------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: odium33]
    #6470422 - 01/17/07 05:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

some fine AK47 my friend.  :headbanger:

--------------------
All posts are a works of fiction meant to entertain the masses. In no way do they imply that I break any laws, ordinances, or statutes.

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
    #6470443 - 01/17/07 05:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hell ya... thats what i like to hear

--------------------
----------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6470505 - 01/17/07 05:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This is the only really good greenhouse tek I have ever seen here http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=2&Number=6172385&fpart=&PHPSESSID=  I would like to set mine up like that but I never have.All I ever did was assemble the greenhouse,plug my cool mist into a timer,plug the timer into the wall and put a tray of perlite on the bottom :rockon:  Simple and effective.You will more than likely have to play around with your timing cycles to get your humidity right

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
    #6470513 - 01/17/07 06:03 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Me too.. I had some ak-47 a week ago.. blew my mind. Now theres somthing going around called Big Blue... Anyways, I'd put that tray at the bottom so it goes through out the entire green house from the bottom up taking less time to acheive this after FAE..

-HTR

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: hightimesreader]
    #6470660 - 01/17/07 06:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You guys rock. Blut - I am gonna check out that tek. HighTimes - haven't heard of BigBlue... but I would like to find out!!! I love the AK -- for some reason NO MUNCHIES!!! woohooo!

--------------------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

#6470675 - 01/17/07 06:33 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yep! That is the tek that I modeled my own set up after...
I read around and figured out (maybe wrongly) that I don't need an ultrasonic.. so I eliminated that. I also have a light source besides the one in this tek, so I eliminated that. And I could NOT find a friggin' storage container to put the thing in so I just have it on a storage container lid.

Tomorrow, I think I will add perlite to it somehow....

--------------------

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
    #6470705 - 01/17/07 06:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

The damp perlite should help quite a bit. Position it so that it catches any dripping water, too. Just don't forget to strain it to rid of excess water every so often.

If you STILL can't keep your rh right, put an ultrasonic on a timer.

OfflineMyLastWords
Stranger
Male

#6470707 - 01/17/07 06:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

AK-47 + a kief sprinkling =  :bigblunt:  :psychsplit:

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6470734 - 01/17/07 06:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsyliChick said:
You guys rock. Blut - I am gonna check out that tek. HighTimes - haven't heard of BigBlue... but I would like to find out!!! I love the AK -- for some reason NO MUNCHIES!!! woohooo!

Yeah, 'cause you are too freakin' stoned to even eat. LMAO

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: RoachMan]
    #6471121 - 01/17/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hehehahaha... lmao.

How did you know.... that little dollop of kief....mmmm sweetness.

Okay... so back to reality... sort of.

I am definitely gonna put a tray of perlite in the bottom for humidity.

But we still haven't gone over the issue with the temperature..
I gotta hurry though cuz The Naked Trucker show is comin' awn!

--------------------

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery
    #6471290 - 01/17/07 08:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I have a small oil heater that I use to heat my room. I'm sure it would easily boost your temperature a few degrees.  It would also have automatic controls to keep things at a steady temperature.

Something like  this .

That is even an expensive one. I bought mine for $29.99 I believe. It just isn't black.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow: Cambodian Grow Log :mushroomgrow:

Edited by CaptTrip (01/17/07 08:58 PM)

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: CaptTrip]
    #6471772 - 01/17/07 11:08 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

All sounds good to me! I will keep this updated!

--------------------

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery
    #6471809 - 01/17/07 11:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck.

Soon I will be helping my friend upgrade his setup to a small greenhouse.

--------------------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

#6475140 - 01/18/07 11:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So the big news for today.... drum roll...

I took the advice of a fellow Shroomerite and browsed my local thrift shop for an UltraSonic... and VOILA!!  No doubts in my mind, I paid $7.50 for a Soundesign (yeah) :headbanger:  UltraSonic!!  Woohoo!

So, I got all the doohickies to modify it and.... had to go to work.

We also found an oil-filled electric heater on mega-discount at Home Depot for $14.99...

But no luck on the elusive $20 Intermatic Repeat Cycle Timer....

So, I added two trays of wet perlite and nothin. zippo.  So I am pretty glad I found the ultrasonic... I will hook it up in the am when the lights come back on... 

The heater is keeping the room at a steady 77degrees...  good?

Thanks all for the help!

--------------------

OfflineCaptTrip
Captain
Male User Gallery
    #6475153 - 01/18/07 11:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

77 degrees sounds about right, just really depends on the strain.

Good luck!

--------------------

OfflinePsyliChick
Sponge
 User Gallery

#6475170 - 01/18/07 11:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey!.... hmm.... would this timer be at all workable for running cycles with the ultrasonic? I am having trouble with the math, lol.
Better put down the bowl. Anyway... I can't really afford the massive capital it takes to buy a REAL repeat cycle timer... and I wanna run the ultrasonic... any ideas?

Intermatic 120V 15 Amp Digital Programmable Timer
[221221] $24.90

Intermatic 15 Amp 120V 7 Day Programmable Digital Timer

7-Day digital programmable timer allows up to 14 on & 14 off settings per day or 98 ON & 98 OFF settings per week
One minute minimum "on" time
Maximum ON times: 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes
3-prong grounded plug
LCD digital clock and readout
Includes battery backup
Manual over-ride feature

--------------------

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

#6475172 - 01/18/07 11:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Temp is ok i belive, my friends is between 68-74 and fruiting is perfect.

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Greenhouse set-up needs help. [Re: Grogan]
    #6475335 - 01/19/07 12:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

An impeller type coolmist unmodified sitting on the floor or bottom shelf running a few minutes on, then a few minutes off will deliver 90% to 95% humidity. Use perlite trays to catch the drips and return them to the air as humidity. You can get cheap timers at the local hardware store that cycle in 15 minute increments. Forget that 7 day thingie.

If you use metal halide lights during the veg stage of your orchids, you'll see an increase in pinsets over what you'll see with the redder light from the sodium vapor. Mushrooms love light at the higher end of the spectrum.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags