Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete
    #6468165 - 01/16/07 11:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I am wondering what type of CEVs all of you get. Of course there are a broad range of visuals, differing from person to person, but I've noticed some people seem to have objective, tangible, and realistic visuals, and others describe very amorphous, abstract, and random visual psychedelia. I suppose it all has to do with how each of our brains work. I'd like to hear some descriptions on the type of CEVs that all of you seem to have.

My CEVs on mushrooms tend to stay mainly abstract. I've noticed that I usually see a blended tapestry of real-life objects that become almost indistinguishible because of the constant flowing and evolving of the visuals. So what I see is heavily abstract. If I stare at myself in the mirror for awhile and then go somewhere and close my eyes, I usually see morphing faces and extremely penetrating eyes; the eyes are always extremely vivid. If I look at writing for awhile, then I end up seeing a lot of flashing alien symbols, which I suppose is the blending of all the letters and numbers.

My favorite kind of visuals are the patternized or fractalized rivers of flowing color (usually rainbowed) that swirl or branch out into different shapes. Among these rivers are fluid strands of lights and 3d shapes that seem to choreograph themselves perfectly to each movement and phase of the other visuals.

I have noticed that certain colors, patterns, or shapes, can actually remind me of certain memories, events, people, things, or simply give me strong deja vu.

I drew a pencil drawing (2 inches by 1.5 inches) that is inspired by some of my mushroom visuals. Of course they don't look the same as this, but there are a lot of symbolic and shape similarities. If you imagine it as a freeze frame in something fluid and in color on a dark background (like behind eyelids).. it might remind you of it, too:

...I've never really drawn before, so don't judge me too heavily on it. I simply wanted to share it as a product of inspiration from my own visuals.

So, please share some of your own visual experiences - preferably CEVs!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: matchbook]
    #6468222 - 01/16/07 11:58 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

my visuals always seem to be based on reality. like my vision may be awash in ribbons and paisly fractaling explosions all vibratng ans spinning. but all this is based on real things. like a tree will appere to ripple and morph into unreal things. but its realy just my body playing with and distorting the information my eye is already receving.
because of this i am much more aware of the "web" or interconectiveness of reality. and that is why i love mushrooms so much. they unlock reality by alowing you to build it up and strip it down. the tune of the universe is pulsing through you and you are a humble grateful being.
blinding harmony

alot of this has to do with how visual you already are in your day to day thinking

now acid gives me crazy cisuals. pretty much anything you can imagine.
not based on reality at all. at high doses in the dark i usualy find myself in a crazy sea of chotic fractaling hoopajoop. i can litteraly think oif aything and see it. for instence a dark hill side may apere to be full of dead bodies on minet. zobies the next, then dancing globs of primal sludge.
then i will think of some random idea, a pound sign lets say,
and then bang the table in front of me has pound signs all over it. al glowing nd sining in unisen.
acid gives you the ability to streach reality to ts limits and to unlock all posibilities of your body and mind at once.
blinding chaos

--------------------

Edited by notapillow (01/17/07 12:04 AM)

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: notapillow]
    #6468468 - 01/17/07 02:37 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

If by visuals you mean patterns and things like that, I rarely pay attention to them. Physically I usually stare at my monitor or the tiled floor of my bathroom, but in my head I'm in my own little world.

When sober and not readily doing anything that involves any sort of thinking, I day dream a lot, and have all these silly "visions" that I know will never happen in reality. Dreams of fortune, fame, love, etc. The idea/thought starts out innocently enough, but gets very weird as I trail on it.

So while it looks like I'm paying attention to what the boss is saying, in my head I'm in my own little world. Now, on mushrooms this is somewhat exaggerated. I become totally immersed into my own little world, and I become very spiritual. I become immensely emphatic (again, I am emphatic when sober, but the shrooms really intensify this) and most of the visions I see revolve around nature.

When I trip alone I almost always get out of body experiences. During the end of each trip, when I come back into my body, it feels weird. The temperature in the room, smells, sights, my sense of touch, walking around, even just opening and closing my hand feel as if I haven't experienced them for a year.

Everyone is different. I've never considered anything I've seen with my eyes closed to be considered CEVs, because even when sober I see lots of things with my eyes closed. I think it's all just creativity. Some of my friends want to do things when tripping, else they get bored. They want to play video games, watch a movie, etcetc. I can have a blast just sitting in bed all day sober. Give me something to trip on and I'm in heaven.

I've gotten very very intense visuals on shroomahuasca (an MAOI + shrooms). They weren't just visuals, they felt like actual journeys. Give it a try one time, but it's pretty intense IMO.

Ingest 3g Syrian Rue seeds (legal, can be purchased online or at Middle Eastern stores as 'esphand' or 'espand.' Used as a red dye I think), wait 40-60 mins and ingest 3g+ of dried psilocybin mushrooms. Make sure you have a sitter, and don't plan on doing anything for a while. The MAOI (rue) will make the Dimethyltryptamine in the mushrooms orally active.

Edited by Quake3 (01/17/07 02:40 AM)

Offlinecrimsonblood
It's no fun tillsomeone dies
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sydney , Australia.
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: Quake3]
    #6468471 - 01/17/07 02:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

CEV's i get are diffrent shapes and patterns exploding with colors.

OfflineWolverino
Stranger
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: crimsonblood]
    #6468659 - 01/17/07 07:33 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The closed eye visuals i get consist mostly of very complex geometric helix's (almost like DNA strands) and complex mathematical compositions. when listening to certain music i get burst of color energy that flows with the beat or guitar of the music sometimes flowing river like and rainbow like, Although i see some colors i haven't seen or much brighter. And the whole deja-vu things happens to almost like certain colors or make ups of the patterns bring out certain emotions and memories.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: Wolverino]
    #6468702 - 01/17/07 08:07 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

its quite hard to explain.

ive only done mushrooms just so you know.

the visuals i get are overlayed but fused within things, a higher dose shows them much stronger.

I usually get EYES coming from eVERYTHING, and faces.

CEVS, i get patterns.
Its all dependant.

I played mario, and then i hit this thing which made hundreds of coins fly in all directions, i closed my eyes i saw the same thing, with stars, but it wasnt just one explosion, it was 2, then 4, then 8, and so forth, fractaling.

If i just let myself go i get full on states of dreamyness.

Umm...
Heres a list of things that have put an impression in my mind, the things i remember the most.

Clouds... awe insipiring.
Triangles
Eyes, snakes, faces.
Mouths in everything talking.
A female goddess.
Jesus
Satan
Colours changing,
Rainbows falling from clouds - pretty cool

it goes on.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: blacksun]
    #6468737 - 01/17/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

With mushrooms, I find the CEVs are more subtle than lysergic acid and LSD. I have to relax them into focus on mushrooms.

Depending on the trip the visuals will be different, sometimes they are information rich pictures of ancient symbols and thoughts (lots of Aztec/African)...

Sometimes they will be sharp and focused but not convey much information (pair of lips made out of pulsing red and black text too small to read)...

Sometimes they will be vague and chaotic (spinning pyramid of fruit hanging from the sky with alligators biting the bottom)...

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6469643 - 01/17/07 01:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Sometimes they will be vague and chaotic (spinning pyramid of fruit hanging from the sky with alligators biting the bottom)...

Wow.. random!

I like some of the things I've been reading so far. As an artist, I actually have a lot of intrigue and respect for visuals, because I find them really inspiring. I think some experienced trippers seem to scoff at visuals as novelties, but I think that if they can be something that can be inspiring and appreciated by someone, then they have just as much merit as any other part of the trip.

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6470267 - 01/17/07 04:45 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i love the CEVs i get when i'm sitting in sunlight.

the colors tend to be more rich and higher in contrast.

on top of that one gets that nice warm feeling from the sun rays being absorbed by your skin. :laugh:

organic goodness. :mushroom2:

:earth: :yinyang: :shineon:

--------------------

Offlinejccc
just aotherhuman
 User Gallery

Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6470302 - 01/17/07 04:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I close my eyes and see mushies growing from pins to adults in great colors!!

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: jccc]
    #6470327 - 01/17/07 05:04 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I saw stars and supernovas in the shaded spots of a ceiling, and CEVs of fractals.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #6470345 - 01/17/07 05:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

When I trip, I usually keep my eyes open; I've only tripped alone once. When with other people and doing stuff, I will see patterns become more pronounced. For instance, staring at foliage on a tree, it won't necessarily be moving (at least at first), but just look cool. Sometimes it will start flowing after that. The last time I tripped, I stared at a stitching on a couch that was a picture of a lady doing something in front of a tree (washing clothes or something). I stared at it for 5-10 seconds, saw the tree grow, and the lady do whatever, and when I looked away, I felt as if I had just learned the entire story behind the stitching.

When I tripped alone, that was the most visual trip I've had. I played Counter-Strike for a while, the map called "gahhhhhh". If you have CS, I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you try to find this map. You will NOT regret it. Anyways, in my room, I had a Gumby poster that says "Just say Clay!" with Gumby's face. While I was tripping the face was melting and just doing crazy shit, it was so awesome.

Quote:

I know what you mean! When I tripped alone, I had a great trip, but was ready to end it. So for a while, I laid down for a while and tried to sleep. In my head, I just saw my mushroom grow go from start to finish. It put a big smile on my face knowing that I helped foster a natural thing to grow, and got to enjoy its fruit! I kept tripping for a while after that, so I just sat around listening to Pink Floyd. I find that even if I'm just high, listening to Pink Floyd will make the experience SOOOO much better.

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

#6471585 - 01/17/07 10:08 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
i love the CEVs i get when i'm sitting in sunlight.

the colors tend to be more rich and higher in contrast.

on top of that one gets that nice warm feeling from the sun rays being absorbed by your skin. :laugh:

organic goodness. :mushroom2:

I've never tripped in the daytime!  You make it sound like something good to try.  I especially like the idea of the sun's rays on the skin while tripping.  Must try!

--------------------

Offlinebwoy
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Granada, Andalusia
    #6472757 - 01/18/07 09:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Tripped in an olive grove under the mountains where I live after an all-night poker game, closing my eyes I had the face cards streaming past in a neon stream of colour. Pretty cool!

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

#6472830 - 01/18/07 10:12 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

jccc said:

I see lots of mushroom growth in my CEVs as well.

I get the impression when I am high on mushrooms that I am sharing my existence of a more pure, less compromising form of life. It sort of feels/looks like there is mycelium growing through me!

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Your Mushroom Visuals - Abstract/Concrete [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6473194 - 01/18/07 12:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i also enjoy the enhanced visual ability of mushrooms.

just laying down on the ground, observing the details of soil, moss, tree bark, leaves, and bugs.

the magnification is sometimes really great, to the point where i feel like i can clearly make up the cellular threads of organic fabric inherent in all living matter. :laugh:

the microscopic, it's a world in itself, pulsing, and vibrating with the music of the sun.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

#6473593 - 01/18/07 02:10 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It depends. More than never I see patterns on walls and cielings moving. Sometimes I see faces distorted and sometimes faces look extremely scary and mean and some look extremely happy.

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract