Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
pm forwarding to e-mail?
    #6448619 - 01/11/07 12:15 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Every time i get a pm that isnt a moderator notification, i get an alert in my inbox (from my registered e-mail account here)

it would be really nice to know who the message was from, if not be able to access the whole message from my e-mail.

the reason i say this, is because alot of the time im away from my computer and checking my e-mail on my cell phone. While it can access my e-mail account, it can not access the shroomery. All im left knowing is that someone somewhere amongst the 40,000 members of the site, i have been sent a message....

any chance that we could have the option to have our pm's forwarded to our registered e-mails? or even better yet, have an option so that we could respond to pm's through our registered e-mail accounts?

or i could just go buy a phone that can browse the web......

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: pm forwarding to e-mail? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6448826 - 01/11/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Okay the body of the PM is now included in the notification e-mail. Adding the ability to reply by e-mail would be a lot more work though, sorry.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: pm forwarding to e-mail? [Re: Ythan]
    #6448839 - 01/11/07 01:39 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Can this please be an option, and not mandatory?

For security reasons, I think many users here might not be fond of this idea...

:smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Re: pm forwarding to e-mail? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6448846 - 01/11/07 01:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Well it already is an option, by default you don't receive e-mail notification of new PMs you have to turn it on.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6448902 - 01/11/07 01:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ah... well I know. I mean, I receieve a notification because I turned it on. But I like that it doesn't have any information about the PM in the email.

If it's too much works I can just turn off the notification option. I don't really need it. :smile:

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: pm forwarding to e-mail? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6448923 - 01/11/07 02:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

awesome! thanks alot Y

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6449131 - 01/11/07 02:45 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hmm well i have gotten a few pms after you posted your reply Y.
but the notification has not included the body of the pm.....

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

#6449264 - 01/11/07 03:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Okay it's now an option whether the notification should contain the message body, and I fixed the bug with replies. Everything should work, please let me know if it doesn't.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#6449297 - 01/11/07 03:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

it works!
awesome
thanks Y

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6449780 - 01/11/07 05:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a lot Ythan!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder