Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrippindad82
Trusted Cultivator of Trich
Male

Loc: down, down the hole
Humidity Levels
    #6434684 - 01/07/07 01:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I am using the "poor-man's pod" which had semi-automation including air stones placed under the perlite. I have modified it in that I have put a jar centered in the middle of the rubbermaid bin and placed another airstone within. The water in the jar has had very little evaporation over the last two days that it has been running. Also, there definitely is plenty of condensation on the walls. Is this a sign that my humidity levels are up where they should be or am I wrong in assuming that the air is already laden with moisture (90+ humidity level). From what I understand, with the bubbler in the jar, the water won't evaporate unless the air can actually hold more water. I don't know if this makes sense, but since this is my first time around, I am not sure about anything that I am doing. Thanks for the help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
Re: Humidity Levels [Re: trippindad82]
    #6434692 - 01/07/07 01:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

if your getten condensation on the walls your up 85+ RH
which is fine, if your really worried about the RH you can go to the pet store and get a hydormeter real cheap

IME i never needed one, only used one like 2 times :cool:
just keep up on FAE and misting

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6434697 - 01/07/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I forgot to add something to this. I have heard many different things about fruiting temps. My terrarium is holding a temps between 65 and 70. I have heard some people say that this temperature is fine while others push for the 70+ range. My main strain is Golden teachers and will it be possible for them to fruit or do I need to raise the temp? Thanks again

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6434706 - 01/07/07 01:42 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Even with the perlite and the bubblers going you would recommend to continue misting their house?

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

--------------------------------------

OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
    #6434733 - 01/07/07 01:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i wouldnt use a bubbler IMO and just spray it
the main thing tho is fresh air exchange, and if you think the bubbler will do that your wrong :cool:, i just dont like bubblers lol

as for the temp thing your fine alltho optimal temps are 86 for incubation and 76 for fruiting acording to paul stamets in the mushroom cultivator :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Humidity Levels [Re: myCo_psyCo]
    #6434752 - 01/07/07 02:07 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why wouldnt a bubble stone suffice for FAE?
If your pump is worth anything at all, it will easily provide enough cfm to aerate a terrarium.

Your humidity sounds like it's up there, btw. Good to go.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

Re: Humidity Levels [Re: myCo_psyCo]
    #6434773 - 01/07/07 02:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the help. I have been fanning once a day. It was just the humidity that I was worried about.

--------------------
Trying to explain a journey to someone who has never experienced it is like trying to explain what a zebra looks like to  blind person who has never seen a horse.

^^^The above matter may be a complete fantasy that I concocted out of possible boredom.^^^

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6434784 - 01/07/07 02:17 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, with the airpumps, I have two running around the clock, but it's not those that might not be doing enough. I purchased the biggest rubbermaid I could find. I am going to be able to fit about 30 cakes in it without crowding.

--------------------

Offlinetrippindad82
Male

#6434808 - 01/07/07 02:27 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

One more quick question is lighting. I have heard so many different things on this. What I am using, because my setup is hidden away in a space that has zero lighting, is a fluorescent purple aquarium light and have been leaving it on for about 4 hours a day. Should I step this up or is this ok?

--------------------

OfflineHALFemptyJOSH
Magician
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #6435373 - 01/07/07 04:57 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

christmas lights work good... mushies like the blue light

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom