Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonotony
Stranger
Mushrooms in my front yard?!
    #6423907 - 01/04/07 07:53 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hi all. I am a total newbie. I have absolutely no experience identifying mushrooms, so I'm hoping someone in the community can help. This was found in S. Florida, and it has been raining on and off for weeks, with the temp around 70-80. It has a redish brown cap, a deeply yellow fat stem, and bruises blue/purple when handled/flicked. I am attaching the crappy pictures that i took with my cell phone, although I don't know how helpful they would be.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: Mushrooms in my front yard?! [Re: monotony]
    #6423918 - 01/04/07 08:01 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i think most people here look for a pic of the underside of the gills for accurate identifcation. if it is indeed bruising blue, it may not be active but it wont kill you ( i think thats what people say)

--------------------
----------

Invisiblekoraks
    #6424167 - 01/04/07 10:45 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

so I'm hoping someone in the community can help

Maybe someone can, but you'll have to provide a detailed description and, if possible, better pictures. Also, it would be beneficial for the ID process to let at least one specimen mature before picking it.

Offlinemonotony
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms in my front yard?! [Re: koraks]
    #6424284 - 01/04/07 11:37 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, thank you guys for the advice and I apologize if I sound like an idiot. I will take the advice, let them mature a little more, get some better photos, and then write up a much better description. Thanks for the responses so far.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
    #6424342 - 01/04/07 11:56 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

monotony said:
Ok, thank you guys for the advice and I apologize if I sound like an idiot.  I will take the advice, let them mature a little more, get some better photos, and then write up a much better description.  Thanks for the responses so far.

:thumbup:
Yeah, it'll be difficult to ID at that stage, with those photos.

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #6424594 - 01/04/07 01:10 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Was it near a tree or anything? If you aren't already, you might want to check cow pastures (Assuming you are looking for actives).

The pictures obviously aren't enough to go on, but "redish brown cap, a deeply yellow fat stem, and bruises blue" kind of sounds like a Bolete. If you are right about the bluing, there are some Boletes with thick yellow stems that go blue. I can't see the underside of it though, all I see is a shadow on my monitor. I don't think it's an active because it wasn't in a pasture and it has a yellowish thick stem.

As already mentioned, pins (small mushrooms) are no good for ID's, and a single pin wouldn't be of any edible value even if it could be identified, so I'd also suggest getting some mature specimens.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates