Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomer0187
Loc: If O told you I'd have to...
Will these be safe to eat?
    #642191 - 05/23/02 04:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I am growing some EQs using the pf tek and out of eight jars only TWO were normal and had no contamination. three had green shit growing on them(and it doesnt look like any of the pic's that ive seen with "green shit")one had some black/brown spots, another one didnt colinize at all, and one had this shit that looked something like myceluim but it was a darker grey, smelled sorta like dirty socks, looked somewhat stringy- like myceluim, and wherever it touched the normal myceluim, the good stuff looked more concentrated. i decided to throw out all but 4 jars-the 2 good ones, one that had only a little green, and the one with the grey shit, just to see what would happen. by the time they were 100% col. the 2 contaminated ones seemed to have (defeated?!) the contam's, and look normal. after taking them out and placing them in th terraruim, i noticed that i could still somewhat make out where the grey shit had been on that one cake. only its not grey like before, it just looks like myceluim but a little more concentrated, and with a hint of yellow/tan. one reason im considering keeping it is becuase it is pinning like a muthaf*cker, and there are about 20 or 30 half inch or so pins around the whole cake. i know that if i let it grow ill have a shit load of shrooms, but do you think it would be safe to eat them??same question for the other contaminted cake,accept this one has no trace of contamination- it looks normal.
So anyways the question is-is it safe to eat these or am i just begging for a trip(to the local hospital)??

--------------------
Can anyone pronounce this, I'm having trouble.
Why don't you try?

I AM SOFA
KING WE-
TOD DID.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: shroomer0187]
    #642366 - 05/23/02 06:57 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Offlineshroomer0187
Loc: If O told you I'd have to...
Re: Will these be safe to eat? [Re: ]
    #642420 - 05/23/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I would have thrown them out, but i have worked so hard and waited so long- i inoculated these bastards on 4/15!?and i birthed them yesterday! i have also read so much online about groing shrooms, countless hours of searching for answers to my questions, and designing and building the terraruim and then redisigning and builing some more. And what do i have to show for all this? 2 pf cakes? plus i only have about 2cc's left in my syringe which is only enough for maybe 3 or 4 jars max so i cant really start over without haveing to buy a new syringe. thats why i want to save as many jars as i can- and they have a shit load of pins, its hard to just toss em.

--------------------
Can anyone pronounce this, I'm having trouble.
Why don't you try?

I AM SOFA
KING WE-
TOD DID.

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: Will these be safe to eat? [Re: shroomer0187]
    #642664 - 05/24/02 02:53 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

That sucks, but I'd have to agree with Guitarguy. Why risk it? Toss 'em.
-Bruiser

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Offlinefrancisco
Richman Sporeman
Loc: USA
    #644727 - 05/25/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'd feed a sample to the hamster and wait a day or two

--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #645259 - 05/25/02 08:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit, you just described my exact problem. exactly! thats insane. i also have 2 cakes, one thats normal and one thats 'worrysome'.
but i have a problem with my normal one, for full story follow:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Contams&Number=645248&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineDRman123
Stranger
    #646880 - 05/26/02 08:41 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

wow wow wow i say i say gev the bad shroomes to the puss and see what it says.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag