Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Loc: Earth
the dmt experience
    #6417380 - 01/02/07 04:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all, im new here but i've been reading the site for a little while and i have a few friends on here. I myself am an experienced tripper and fellow psychonaut. It has been my goal for some time now (about 2 years), along with a friend who enlightened me to the subject, to successfully extract and experience dmt. We have gather numerous teks on the subject and have read every single scrap of information i can find on it, including DMT: The spirit molecule, almost every trip report and informative piece on erowid and many other sites here and there.

At the end of this week i'll be purchasing around about 1.5kg of MHRB to begin my extraction with (that may seem alot but i want enough so i may muck up once or twice and also have enough to experience later). Now i've had very very intense trips, including one extremely powerful almost religous lsd trip on 2 sugarcubes (I myself am not religious) where i was torn apart and re-assembled in a vortex of colour and significance. I'm apprehensive about taking the dmt and will probably spend a day or two coming to grips with the fact that the opportunity has arisen as well as cleansing my mind and meditating (better not to paint on a clouded canvas).

I was simply wondering if any of the psychonauts on this site with experience of dmt could offer some advice on preparation of oneself above and beyond regular tripping, possibly any more recommended reading or slices of personal experience with the drug itself. Anything is appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------

"There are only two states of being: Too much and not enough"

Isnt the war on drugs supposed to reduce harm? So far all i see are casualties.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTuneInTurnOn
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: the dmt experience [Re: j3ckyl]
    #6417703 - 01/02/07 10:07 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ive never tried it but have researched it, and you can buy the very closely related 5-MeO-DMT easily off the internet, although im not sure if it is legal in Scotland. Happy tripping man!

--------------------
My apartment in New York was on Perry Street, a five minute walk from the White Horse. I often drank there, but I was never accepted because I wore a tie. The real people wanted no part of me.
- The Rum Diary

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Re: the dmt experience [Re: TuneInTurnOn]
    #6417739 - 01/02/07 10:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I've been researching it for quite some time now, I had briefly considered aquiring 5-Meo-DMT but from what i gather the experience is quite different to n,n-DMT I may try it after/if i succeed in my extraction. Bought most of the supplies today and will be getting some MHRB from a reliable source, after that its just a week or so of kitchen chemistry to get me some elf spice. Thanks for the suggestion

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6417943 - 01/02/07 11:50 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Very different indeed. I haven't tried 5-meo-dmt (besides having smoked yopo seeds), but I've read a lot about the effects. It certainly isn't a replacement/alternative to n,n-dmt, but it does sound like it would be a hell of a ride. Last a bit longer, isn't nearly as heavy in the visuals department (a major part of n,n) and more physical symptoms.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: the dmt experience [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6417974 - 01/02/07 12:04 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Nothing you read, nothing you do, nothing you think....NOTHING will prepare you. No drug experience even relates, and ive been on 1000+ mcg's of LSD and some high dose shroom trips. Don't worry about your apprehension, once you blast off you will forget about it.

Ive only had one bad experience with DMT, and it was beautiful, not really bad. I just hit the pipe, and right after I hit it for some reason I decided I wish I hadnt hit it...well by then its too late. I fought it for a few seconds...that was rough, but then gave in.

My words of advice...dont hit it unless you want to break through. The visuals of 10grams of mushrooms is nice, and thats what you will get from a small hit... but it really feels like something is missing if you dont get "there". You will understand alot more after you do it. Dont fear...and hit that bowl till you can't hit it anymore. We usually load a huge bowl with about 500mg's and then pass it around each hitting it till the drop it. This certainly isnt an everyday thing.

Have an open mind. If "they" ask you to go further...go, dont be afriad. Oh, and if a little girl tries to hand you the one of the universes...take it...im telling you things get crazy after that.

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Re: the dmt experience [Re: dedjam]
    #6418021 - 01/02/07 12:23 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for that gopenguin, I had a vague idea that i couldn't really prepare myself. Im with you on the "dont hit it unless you want to breakthrough", i'm taking it for the full blown experience above, beyond and through the chrysanthemum. I think my dosing methods will be along similar lines, fill the bowl and toke as much as possible before i physically cant toke any more. My main concern is along the lines of my own ego getting in the way, I'll try my best to completely let go but in my mind the worst case scenario is not being able to get over the shock of the experience or believe whats happening and refusing to budge instead of doing as they ask.

I think i can at the very least get myself in a position to trust in my wetware that no matter what happens ill be still sitting where i took off from after 10-30 minutes. And that if "they" want to take me somewhere im going to try and follow them regardless. Best not to fight it i guess, as there is only one outcome for that: losing. Go with the flow rather than against it, huh?

--------------------

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6418258 - 01/02/07 01:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I make it a point to take DMT to new people...I love seeing the response of a first timer. It must be something similar to how trinity must feel in the matrix after she helps neo "wake-up".

I can tell you, in all the first timers I have been with, ego has never been a problem. You dont have time to deal with your own ego. If you hit that bowl right and enough your ego will dissolve on takeoff.

Its not so much ego that hold you back but personal fear.
Some questions I ask first timers
1) Are you prepared to die?...if you can accept death, the experience can be alot more mind blowing because you know you have nothing to lose.
2) Are you ready to know everything?...there is something about DMT, its like a pipe gets fed into your head and your are instantly filled with the wisdom of ages...knowledge that you cannot possible grasp...if you arent ready to know, you will be scared
3) What are you going to do when everything you previously believed is proven wrong?....i like this one, because everyone is all cocky about it. Its a bit life changing when you meet with non-human beings in another universe and have very realistic conversations.

You really cant go against the flow, you can try as I did before, but you pretty much have no choice. Best bet is to sit back, close your visible human eyes and open your other eyes (you will know what I mean). Be humble, but dont be scared. Entities in DMT trips seem to be able to a bit all knowing when it comes to us. Ive also met entities that are a bit more mischevious...just be strong willed.

I dont know what else to say. I love times like this, I love people getting to experience something new. I love DMT...its the biggest rabbit whole ever.

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

#6418348 - 01/02/07 01:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

1) i could say that i am prepared for death, but that may not be correct. If i discovered i was dying i would accept it, nothing within my power would stop that.

2)the reason i enjoy shrooms over lsd is that acid is a hollow party drug in comparison with shrooms. Shrooms feel like being led through a learning curve.

3)Re-align my stance on the world. I've spent around 2 years researching this chemical before venturing into an experience with it so that when i take it for the first time i come to it with nothing but respect and a an idea (however vague) of what to expect. I've been pixelated, torn apart, reformed and stripped of my notions on the power of hallucinogens in a very very intense acid trip that brought me to the very brink of my sanity and dangled me over the edge by the skin of my teeth.

DMT seems to be the holy grail of hallucinogens, im very much looking forward to my first DMT trip (which naturally i'll do my best to smush into some coherent tale and post it here), and though anxious, very excited.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #6418360 - 01/02/07 01:53 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

if a person is scared shitless of DMT, should they even bother thinking about trying it?

i am scared to even try mushies again lol.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: the dmt experience [Re: Syle]
    #6418542 - 01/02/07 02:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"if a person is scared shitless of DMT, should they even bother thinking about trying it?"

I don't think DMT is something that everyone needs to try. But I think someone who isn't scared shitless either hasn't read enough, (as if you ever can... you simply can't understand the power without experiencing it) , or has false confidence that'll be shot down anyway.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #6418554 - 01/02/07 02:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, i kind of thought that.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: the dmt experience [Re: Syle]
    #6418582 - 01/02/07 02:47 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There have been times in my life where I would never have considered eating mushrooms or acid, or anything else, but I was perfectly fine smoking DMT. It's so abstract compared to reality or even other psychedelics. Daily life and problems just can't fight their way into a breakthrough for me, unlike mushrooms or acid. I find it easy to be overwhelmed, but impossible to have a "bad trip" or anything that resembles normal human emotion in a way besides *excess*.

The only time I would imagine a freak out possible for me would be the come down, when real life does start to slither back in to the mind. But usually I'm just so damn happy and peaceful, it doesn't matter. This is just me, though. I have no doubt that some people freak-the-fuck-out on dmt, especially if their first reaction is terrible, and they get stuck at that sub-breakthrough level.

--------------------

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

#6418802 - 01/02/07 03:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i fully intend to push it all the way, my philosophy is in my sig. I hear many people say that its the cleanest and most natural feeling drug in the world, whenever i take acid i always feel my senses going haywire and the body-rushes are always fun, shrooms make my stomach do loops until i peak and then i get a sort of tingling numbness all throughout. I hear dmt isn't like that.

In all my experience with psychedelics nothing i have seen has been razor sharp and crystal clear, dmt seems like a quantum leap in comparison. I know I cant speculate on how my experience will be, i do however know that when im sitting with vaporiser in hand ready to go that my heart will be racing and as anxious or nervous as I may be, I know that i could do nothing better than swallow my feelings and dive in head first.

Either way I better start smoking pipes again, just so I know that i can get as much in as I can. Gonna keep smoking 'til I can't.

--------------------

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6419004 - 01/02/07 04:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
"if a person is scared shitless of DMT, should they even bother thinking about trying it?"

I don't think DMT is something that everyone needs to try. But I think someone who isn't scared shitless either hasn't read enough, (as if you ever can... you simply can't understand the power without experiencing it) , or has false confidence that'll be shot down anyway.

well said  :thumbup:

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#6419714 - 01/02/07 07:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Hey now!
Just wanted to chime in momentarily. I agree with all the things said by gopenguins and Koala. It's definitely true that your expectation have little to do with the outcome. I found that for myself, things seem to progress naturally. The first few trips inward were exploratory. Then maybe the third or fourth trip I had a definite impression of intelligence (other than my own) in the space of the experience. I felt as if I were a baby, and being gently introduced to something new. Shortly, the entities (for obvious lack of another word) became the focus of most of the experience. I had a real sense that each time I went in, it was a real learning experience. I was being shown some sort of slice of life from within the continuum.

I also had the feeling of being totally confounded. Things definitely seem to work differently than you'd ever expect when within the trip, and it is a HUGE challenge to reconcile that with your experience of everyday reality.

As far as setting, I've done it both indoor and out. All the outdoor experiences were in carefully chosen locales, one time at a crystal mine in Arkansas, at a mica mine in North Carolina, by a river outside of a talk done by the Dalai lama in Miami. The most important thing is to be in a place that feels safe, and is VERY unlikely to have unexpected visitors, because you will have a feeling of being extremely vulnerable. You really want to be able to explore what's being presented, so the fewer distractions the better.

Inside, I like to just surround myself with soft comfortable things. I'd lay on my bedspread (really comfortable!) surrounded by pillows, light some incense, have some crystals around, and maybe a nice CD (and it can really be anything -I've used things like Mickey Hart's planet drum, and also gone to some Ray Charles "I can't stop loving you" to Matisyahu). I've mostly gotten to the point where I'll mostly only do DMT alone. I just go so far out there, I just don't know, I feel it's somewhat private.

The reason I'm really posting is because I saw you said you wanted to use DMT with your vaporizer. When I was smoking DMT during an intermission of the Dalai Lama's prayers/speech, I had an intense feeling that burning the DMT was wasting it in some manner, like it should be vaporized. (I also learned about why trees choose the places they grow, the DMT seemed to be telling me that they are marking the spot as sacred in a manner. It was a really moving vision)

I then experimented a lot with different methods, pipes, and a Vapir vaporizer, with the digital temperature reader/adjuster. The vaporizer was extremely interesting. It made the DMT more accessible, and seemed gentler in so many ways. It made it seem like a substance that could gain popularity as almost a party drug it was so enjoyable and smooth. But it really didn't do it for me. Like gopenguins mentions above - it just didn't get me there. There's a definite "there" within the DMT experience, which if I don't reach, I feel weird, and feel like I've not gotten to the place I intended to go in the first place. Vaporizing DMT just did NOT put me there, no matter how much I vaporized. It was nice and enjoyable, but after a week of solid experimenting, I have to tell you that I don't vaporize it anymore.

Still I do hold that the intuition I got about burning it (via flame), has merit, but I simply don't know how to use it properly.

I like to use a small spoon type Pyrex pipe about 4 inches long, with ashes under the DMT, as opposed to herb or anything else.

I did however see a great thread in the Nook where a guy named Me! talked about using something called (don't laugh!) a glass dick. it's for meth freebassers apparently, but one guy over there had a glassblower make him a sweet trippy Pyrex version, that looked a lot more "heady" than the one Me! was talking about. He talked about vaporizing the DMT in the glass dick pipe, and it sounded sweet. Maybe I'll find a link later if anyone's interested.

Anyway, when I do my next extraction, I'm going to go try to get one of those, and see how it works...

Smile! I love you!
DWPineal

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: the dmt experience [Re: dwpineal]
    #6419781 - 01/02/07 08:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Here's the link to the nook page, it has some good info on smoking DMT, but I like what Me! Has to say about it most, seems like a great method
http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=47868

you may need to be registered to access it, I don't know.

Also with the vaporizer, I started with the melting point of DMT, and gradually worked my way up to about 375 degrees F. I think 350F worked best...

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #6420530 - 01/03/07 12:54 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Ayahuasca is the way to go if you really want to experience this the right way the first time. Ingest it, orally, about 30 minutes after ingesting some Syrian rue. It can be rough on the gut, however it comes on slower and more gradual. When you do peak your there for several hours. The problem with smoking/basing /vaporizing is that you go from sober to unimaginable psychedelia in a second flat. For many, that takes the fun out. I journeyed about a dozen times smoking it before I even knew I could ingest it. Now I would never again consider smoking it again. The below link lays out several outstanding Ayahusca recepits I have tried the first two with great results. I eat a big bowl of plain white rice before hand and it just about completely neutralizes the nausea.
recepits

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Re: the dmt experience [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #6420565 - 01/03/07 01:40 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the input dwpineal and ice house shaman.

Yesterday I read other peoples experiences with using vaporisers and as you say the majority were unable to get to where they wanted to be and the highest plateaus seemed out of reach. So last night I browsed for a more suitable pipe and found this:

http://everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/Eagle_Bill__Shake_amp_Vape_Pipe.cfm?iProductID=3408&iProductCategoryID=738

It seems perfect, i could use it properly and seriously heat the vaporising part to smoke with (i've a very powerful blowtorch style lighter, that i would of course never directly apply to the dmt but will be could for heating up its container) or abuse it by sticking it on top lined with some herb and carefully flaming it. But I am determined to break through first time, and with that in mind I don't doubt that you are correct so ill keep my eyes open for the type of pipe you mention.

In all my research of dmt, ayahuasca has come up more than once. Several times in fact, and if i were to do it, i'd probably opt for the pharmahuasca option. I hear what you say about the true dmt experience but everything about smoking it appeals to me, and for my first time no matter how intense it got i could at least be safe in the knowledge that it would all end very shortly. The sudden jolt into that other place is the main attraction for me, that and short term self exploration. I dont feel im ready for ayahuasca and feel like smoking dmt would be a stepping stone to it. But when I am ready i'll be getting some Banisteeriopsis caapi and some Syrian Rue.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder