Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
addiciton treatment
    #6415186 - 01/01/07 09:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but it was buried with many other comments.

Anybody heard of CES (Cranial Electro Stimulation)? I recently acquired a small device which has helped me significantly in mental well being. Basically it stimulates the production endorphins (free drugs). It has been used in Russia for a long time with good success in addiction since a lot of officials over their indulge in vodka. They call it electrosleep over there. Basically it is not FDA approved since it would cause pharmaceutical companies and addiction clinics to lose money. Not to mention the huge impact it would have on the control the legal system enjoys over addicts. I'm not for sure how effective it is since I have no addictions, but I feel great. I will be showing it to my dad soon who has used alcohol daily for 25 years and really wants to kick it.

http://www.elixa.com/estim/CES.htm

Q and A with the dude who brought it here to the states:

http://www.livingfromvision.com/realaud/bt6.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemiker
Stranger
Male
Re: addiciton treatment [Re: palmersc]
    #6415942 - 01/01/07 04:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'll see if I can find the article, it was in Scientific American or Scientific American Mind, but I've heard of something like this. It had something to do with implanting a small electrical device into a certain area in the brain. Apparently some patients reported instant recovery from their depressive symptoms.

Basically it is not FDA approved since it would cause pharmaceutical companies and addiction clinics to lose money.

I appreciate a cynical attitude, but can you prove that's the reason? Conspiracy theories are easy because they always rely on that which you can't show to be true. Maybe it's not FDA approved because it isn't a food or drug?

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: addiciton treatment [Re: Chemiker]
    #6416299 - 01/01/07 06:55 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

You would probably have to look at the publications to determine what kind of results this device has received in addiction treatment (and the host of other uses it's indicated for) to determine "why" the device is not "FDA Approved".

There are other, similar devices which have received approval (thats according to wikipedia, however).

I would imagine there is a great deal of difficulty in "blinding" participants to this type of therapy in a controlled trial. Usually these devices work by attaching to the ears, where the user can feel a distinctive tingle as the device works.

I received a "free 20 min. trial" of one and didn't particularly care for the effects. I mostly felt light-headed and a little "off" afterwards. I'm nearly positive his particular device was FDA approved.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinepalmersc
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Re: addiciton treatment [Re: Chemiker]
    #6416359 - 01/01/07 07:21 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with you about conspiracy theories. Medical devices like this one must pass the FDA's approval though.

Taken from:

http://www.osha.gov/FedReg_osha_pdf/FED19950824.pdf

The FDA concludes that
investigational CES devices are
significant risk devices as defined in
§ 812.3(m) and advises that as of the
effective date of § 882.5800(c),
requirements of the IDE regulations
regarding significant risk devices will
apply to any clinical investigation of a
CES device.

The FDA is responsible for more than just food and drugs. On their web page they list:

Products FDA Regulates

Food
Foodborne Illness, Nutrition, Dietary Supplements...

Drugs
Prescription, Over-the-Counter, Generic...

Medical Devices
Pacemakers, Contact Lenses, Hearing Aids...

Biologics
Vaccines, Blood Products...

Animal Feed and Drugs
Livestock, Pets...

Cosmetics
Safety, Labeling...

Radiation-Emitting Products
Cell Phones, Lasers, Microwaves...

The place I bought it from is not allowed to market it for the medical usage on humans in the United States. This device is certainly not the only one out there the FDA won't let through for political and monetary reasons. According to that guy in the sound file I posted, there are literally thousands of devices out there that will never see the light of day while the FDA is around. He found this out firsthand trying to get this thing through. It is not lacking in research since the technology has been around since the fifties. He thinks electrical medicine is the way we are headed, and the day they can charge you a couple hundred dollars a session or give out some overpriced prescription is the day we'll see it in the mainstream.

Anyhow, I'm interested if anybody has any experience with this technology. I guess I'll find out with my dad soon enough. The thing delivers some pleasant euphoria for sure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom