Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
You cant eat cold water hash
    #6412711 - 12/31/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

OK this is opening up an old argument about the necessity of heat associated with the ability to consume marijuana or marijuana product in this matter. I believe heat is necessary from the research i have done and the questions i have asked.

StickWater has posted he ate 10grams of raw buds(cured & dried) and he says he felt nothing. He and i both agree this is due to the absence of heat. He gives a good explanation about how heat helps free the molecules in order to make them more readily available to make bonds and become available to our bodies. I will post if anyone cares.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6398382/page/0/fpart/all/vc/1
This is the link to the thread that started it all

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6412823 - 12/31/06 06:49 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yes you need heat. not much but some is needet, a cold milk extraction of cannabis works poorly and a warm milk extraction works wonder. heat removes soemthing from the thc molecule which makes it orally active.

Offlineomnicrap
Stranger

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: elsig]
    #6413026 - 12/31/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Heat will isomerize other cannabinoids and make it much easier for THC to be dissolved in whatever fat or oil you're cooking it with. If it's not dissolved in some kind of oil you won't really absorb it orally, this is why Marinol (the synthetic thc prescription pills) has the THC dissolved in sesame oil inside a gelcap.

--------------------
A tight tie-dyed dress, she was a psychedelic mess
We toured to the north, south, east and west
We sold some mushroom tea, we sold some ecstasy
We sold nitrous, opium, acid, heroin and PCP
Now I hear the police coming after me

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: omnicrap]
    #6414380 - 12/31/06 07:07 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Elsig: i have heard of cold water extraction, but cold milk and warm milk??? How is this done?

What about absorbing and crushing the hash into some sort of alcohol? I heard that would make the cannabinoids available by separating them from the plant matter. Then heat would not matter? Or will it still make more of the THC available.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: omnicrap]
    #6414501 - 12/31/06 08:12 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Isomerization; making an ISOMER of a chemical; THC, CBD and CNB are NOT isomers!(they do not contain the same ratios of C:H:O)

I'm going mad from reading about Isomerization trough cooking!  :nonono:

I'm not saying there cant be an increase in strength from cooking. I'm just saying if there is such a strength-increase it sure as hell ain't from isomerization! :drag:

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: Nalim]
    #6414527 - 12/31/06 08:26 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I dont know the science behind cooking weed that is meant to be taken orally.

All I know is that cooking doesnt somehow make the thc orally active. Thats just too simple.

Thc *is orally active. Mj is orally active.

You *can eat weed and get very high.

My guess is that it just absorbs differently when its been cooked into butter or some oils.

I just wanted to mention that because some noobs might get the wrong impression that weed doesnt work if you just eat it.

I do understand why its better to cook it into a food dish or just some buttery concoction. It doesnt activate the thc. It only makes it readily availible for the stomach to absorb in a more efficiant way.

1.75 grams of weed gets me pretty damn stoned, for a long time. No prep, just chewing and swallowing the delicious goodness.

You are a fuggin vegitable if you eat 10 grams of good dried bud and dont feel anything. That really doesnt make much sense.
Im sure some people feel it more strongly than others, but to not feel it????......lol

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisibleelsig
Knowledgespeaks, wisdom listens
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the beach
Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: yageman]
    #6414549 - 12/31/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

well i dont know. i have tried eating resin powder from buds pure and did not get much effects but a much smaller amount of same resin powder heated together with butter ,mixed with hot chocolate and drinked knocked me on my ass for well 6 hours. im not saying your wrong but pure unprepared cannabis havent seem to give me any effects.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: elsig]
    #6414676 - 12/31/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I ate 2 grams of raw marijuana and i felt absolutely nothing.

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6414683 - 12/31/06 10:38 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Stickywater:

"As far as I understand the issue is that solid THC crystals can't be absorbed straight into the blood stream. I guess our body just can't metabolize it and passes it straight through. Keep in mind that in biology the slightest change in the atomic structure of a molecule can completely change its path through our bodies. Going on hypothesis alone I'd assume that like certain molecules (I believe cellulose? I could be wrong on that) simply aren't metabolized and just irritate our bowels so we poo. Although when you heat the THC it goes back into a gaseous state making it easier to absorb (molecules moving more freely and at a faster rate making them able to go through chemical bonds/reactions faster and easier,in the instance of smoking, where the THC vapor is inhaled and absorbed through the lungs). Assuming the statement about THC simply irritating the bowels or just not being metabolized in its natural solid state is true then that would mean that it would have to be taken out of this solid state and the chemical would have to be altered in some way. As smoking suggests, heating the molecules to accelerate them and make them more ready to perform bonds and reactions is one way. Another way would be to join them to another molecule that would allow them to be carried into the bloodstream rather than simply passed through the intestine and out the pooper. Of course this brings us to binding the THC with fat. As we all should hopefully know, heat speeds up chemical reactions and makes molecules more readily activated (I'm assuming that's not always the case but generally speaking of course) so therefore the heat would be required as a catalyst to seperate the THC molecules so they could bond to the fat.

Purely a hypothesis, but it does provide an explanation. "

Yageman: So you dont agree with any of this? Can you tell me why you think it doesn't make any sense?

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #6414739 - 12/31/06 11:33 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:30 AM)

Offlineminesstudent
Who knows?
Male

Re: You cant eat cold water hash *DELETED* [Re: StickyWater]
    #6414844 - 01/01/07 12:31 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by minesstudent

Reason for deletion: Guess i was wrong

--------------------
"The universe is the way it is because if it wasn't we wouldn't be here to talk about it"

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: minesstudent]
    #6414872 - 01/01/07 12:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:29 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6414874 - 01/01/07 12:53 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I was only saying that it makes (no sense), "to me" when people who eat 10 grams of dried bud dont feel a thing.

I agree with you to some extent............ im sure, without ever reading your post. I am well aware that cooked weed foods are better than the plant its self.

If you eat weed it gets you high........... Thats all I was saying.
I was leveling with yall and also stating the obvious.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: yageman]
    #6414886 - 01/01/07 01:07 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:29 AM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: StickyWater]
    #6414906 - 01/01/07 01:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

My friend also said he felt something after eating a few grams. I don't know if this is placebo(probably) but he claims that the chewing process raptures the cells and releases the chemical to become available to our system. So proper chewing is necessary for maximum consumption of readily available THC. I'm not saying heat wont improve the effect but could this could increase the availability of what we desire right?

--------------------
----------------

OfflineFreedomFighter
Stranger

#6414912 - 01/01/07 01:46 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i've eaten weed plenty of times and every time i've gotten high

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #6414928 - 01/01/07 02:06 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:28 AM)

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: StickyWater]
    #6415432 - 01/01/07 12:21 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

StickyWater is right. It's all about absorbing the THC into your blood. It's easy via your lungs cause it's in a gas or smoke form and your lungs are good at absorbing stuff they inhale.
You gut works completely different and the most efficient way of getting THC in your bloodstream through the gut is to dissolve it into something. It barely dissolves in water so alcohol or fat/oil is used. Applying heat works to speed up chemical processes, so the THC particles will more easily and quickly dissolve into the medium.
Sure some THC will enter the bloodstream if you chew in it, but it's not an efficient way.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

#6415527 - 01/01/07 01:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

minesstudent said:
You need heat to convert some of the chemicals in the bud into THC. Heat doesn't "activate" the THC, its already active. Using a lighter converts it, as does baking it. If you just eat it, a lot of that chemical (I don't know its name) remains. It doesn't get you high.

You, my friend, are mistaken. There is plenty enough THC to make you stoned out of your ass in any weed or hash thats not complete shit. the problem is with absorbing it(as stated numerous times in this tread).

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here
 User Gallery

Re: You cant eat cold water hash [Re: Nalim]
    #6417054 - 01/01/07 11:34 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I had tripped balls from eating raw weed once, around half ounce i would say.

--------------------

Edited by learning_byte (01/01/07 11:43 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale