Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
C/poo cakes, should I dunk right after birthing?
    #6404080 - 12/28/06 07:29 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Hi guys. I have several C/poo cakes going at the moment. I have 5 that I already birthed and are in the FC. I have 9 more that have yet to reach 100%. Its been around 5-7days since I birthed the first five cakes and not much is going on, I am sure its normal but Its been so long since Ive done cakes, and my first time with poo cakes.

Should I dunk the cakes that are still colonizing right after I birth them and right before I put them into the fc? Or do you dunk only after the first flush? Also is it benificial to dunk prior to 1st flush?

Ill do some research right now on cold shocking, its been almost a month and a half, I want to see at least one pin here soon so any advice on how I could speed that up would be cool, thnx...

and for some pics...

Peace
Mr_Spliff

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemyCo_psyCo
a mycologist inthe making
Male User Gallery

Loc: own private hell
Re: C/poo cakes, should I dunk right after birthing? [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #6404211 - 12/28/06 08:48 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i dont have any advice on p cakes i just want to know what your mix and method was for thos

--------------------

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
Re: C/poo cakes, should I dunk right after birthing? [Re: myCo_psyCo]
    #6404552 - 12/28/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

well I just put some cow poo in a blender, turned it to dust. In a bowl I mixed in about an equal amount verm. Got it to right moisture content so that a drop of water trickeled between my fingers when sqeezed. loaded up into zip lock bags, got a little ceramic bread pan, put some water in, put my 5 zip lock bags of poo into the pan, put in oven at 170 for two hours.

Then I put the bags in the fridge to cool, since the sandwhich bags can withstand those temps just fine I use em for small pasturizations. And since they are only about an inch think with the poo in there they cool down in just afew hours in the fridge.

Then I got a 1 pint rice cake and grated it with a cheese grater. Then In a bowl I mixed my grated mycelium in with 4 pints worth of pasterized Cpoo/verm. Then I loaded the mixture into 5, 1 pint jars.

Since there are so many points of innoculating it colonizes remarkably fast. Once 100% I wait 1 to 2 more days just to be sure, then birth and do what you please. These cakes are second generation so what I am going to do is use em as spawn for a mono-tub once I get a flush or two from them, that way I have a stash to sit on.

I have also begun to experiment using contamed rice cakes. As soon as I saw a contame I would go outside and birth them. Then I would scrape off any uncolonized rice. Then scrape off all contame and contame mycelium ( its quite eazy to tell the diff between shroom myc and other myc). I also scraped a thin outer layer of mushroom mycelium off just to be sure. You wind up with little golf balls of mycelium. I then dunked in a diluted H2O2 solution over night to fight off any contames that might remain. Then the next day I did what I did above. Actually those cakes there came from contamed rice cakes. it took about 4-6 jars to contame to get enough mycelium to equall a pint, so I basiclly ended up with the same number of cakes I would have except now they are a gerneration up.

Peace
Mr_Spliff

edit: at mycotopia I have been hearing about bleach pasturization using a 5 gallon water to 1 cup bleach ratio. Instead of using H2O2 in the dunk with the contamed cakes maybe the bleach solution would work better. The reason bleach can be used on mushroom mycelium is because it is an advanced organism, unlike most contames it is able to break small amounts off bleach into substances that does no harm to the mycelium. It may work better the h202 at killing contames as well.

Edited by Mr_Spliff (12/28/06 11:03 AM)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: C/poo cakes, should I dunk right after birthing? [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #6404646 - 12/28/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mr_Spliff said:
well I just put some cow poo in a blender

Bet the next time you make margaritas they taste funny

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag