Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA
Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa
    #6400832 - 12/23/06 11:14 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I heard that indica's contain more THC than Sativa's and less CBN or CBC. Therefore creating a shorter more intense high. While Sativa's contain less THC but create a more mellow but prolonged high. Am i correct or is my friend saying sativas contain more THC and a shorter high.

I know indicas grow away from the equator naturally, and sativa's grow closer. Indica's smell harsher, and indicas smell sweeter. We both agree on that, if thats true.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6401082 - 12/24/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I believe Indicas are more common throughout the US. The Indica-dominant strains are popular among indoor growers because they are smaller and can be grown with shorter turn-around time.

Real sativas are beautiful plants that grow in the warm weather and can become very large during the year with a long growing season. Sativas can have large leaves too.

People often echo "Indica gives more body-high and couchlock, sativa gives the mental high and energy."

I guess Sativas have a sweeter smell, but I think they are the ones with more THC, which can also cause anxiety. I don't know anything about a difference in the duration of the high.

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: Compass]
    #6401095 - 12/24/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

yeah Compass's remark about "Indica gives more body-high and couchlock, sativa gives the mental high and energy." is something me and my friend have always felt.. but most weed out there are hybrids and i rmber trying pure bred sativ once and it wa a really strong head high, as for real data no help here. so sorryy hehe

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #6401120 - 12/24/06 01:55 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Sativa's are known for more of a up high or clear high so they actually have less cbn and cbc.

Incica are know for more of a body high. The most potent strain tested so far is White Russian which is a indica dominant plant. Indica plants come from Afghanistan or the boarder with Pakistan and no other place. Cannabis plants from another place (active cannabis plants that is) are sativas. They (indica plants) are also known for thier wide leaves but can be found with thin one's like these

Some sativas (Durban Poison for example) will flower as fast as indica plants do and stay fairly short and stocky. A typical example of the classic sativa plant (tall and takes for ever to flower) are Columbian, Mexican, and Thai.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: Magash]
    #6401266 - 12/24/06 03:52 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Most of what I always got as a younger lad in aussie was pretty much skunk - so when i got to try some other varieties like Northern Lights and especially Jack Flash it was like a breeze of fresh air...
I know fuck all about strains of weed, but i can make a good bong out of menial kitchen items...

--------------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6402253 - 12/24/06 03:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Compass said:

I guess Sativas have a sweeter smell, but I think they are the ones with more THC, which can also cause anxiety.

Think? Does anyone actually know?? Cuz i think different from my reading and experience. Anyone got something i can read?? I read in the cannabis growers guide deluxe, Indica's have more THC giving them a more intense, shorter lasting high. It may be possible i am turned around on the subject, but i am pretty positive. I wish i had the book still.

--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#6402705 - 12/25/06 03:08 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The amount of THC depends on the strain and the growing conditions.

For example the hemp strains of Sativa that have VERY low THC content.

The THC:CBD ratio is discussed on Wikipedia and Sativa has a higher THC:CBD ratio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_indica#C._sativa_subsp._sativa_var._sativa

--------------------
nystagmus dopamine guru inverted pop culture love scars of sorrow fleshy synesthesia hippie farts perpetual tinnitus
Reclaim the Swastika!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #6402719 - 12/25/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

stuck to your couch you got indica, celebral got sativa. Thc has nothing to do with it, its the cbd/cbn ratio. Hemp is ruderallis(sp), and you sid indica smells harsh, indica smells sweet in the 1st post

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
    #6402794 - 12/27/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

From personal experience Indicas make me laugh a lot and contemplate things and Sativas make my head float up to the ceiling while the rest of my body falls off, hope that helps...

--------------------

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery
Loc: NewYork
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #6403097 - 12/27/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Either way....... I love pot!

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6403510 - 12/27/06 09:43 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Compass thank you. you seem to come through allot, and you make me a new believer in wykapedia as a great source for everything.

However, it does say in wykapedia
"Plants of this type (Indica) are relatively short, conical, and densely branched, having characteristically wide leaflets, and tend to produce a lower ratio of THC to CBD than drug types of C. sativa subsp. sativa"

It also says the CBD is "not psychoactive"

I am more interested in the THC-CBN Ratio.
am i wrong or is CBN not psychoactive as well?

I heard that THC intensifies the experience and CBN prolongs the experience.

Also in the Cannabis growers guide deluxe it showed several indica strains and several sativa strains and had percentages by weight of each THC-CBN-CBD

I will look for some experiments online, if anyone has a link please help

--------------------
----------------

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

#6403602 - 12/27/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I hadn't read much about CBN, as Wiki doesn't mention it much.

I'm reading this article related to it (about Cannabinoids).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoids#Natural_cannabinoids

Offlinegoodolgoogy
Bemushroomed
Male User Gallery

Loc: bay area
    #6404542 - 12/28/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Indica is a shorter, bushier plant that's more of a couchlocked body high.

Sativa is a taller, thinner plant that's more of a mind high.

Indica + food + tv/video games all the way.

--------------------
RogerRabbit said:
Don't assault your mycelium with peroxide.  That's like throwing acid in your girlfriends face just to see if it sizzles.

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: goodolgoogy]
    #6406265 - 12/28/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldnt call this so much as experiments they could be, however they are trying to sell you something. here is good link with THC levels of certain plants, unfortunately all other chems are not listed.
http://www.salvia-divinorum-supplies.co.uk/products.php?id=12

--------------------
----------------

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

#6407033 - 12/29/06 01:49 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Compass: OK i was wrong THC:CBD is the ration i am looking for. Wikipedia states its non-psychoactive however it does play a roll. It is also claiming it reduces the euphoric effects of THC.

And Wikipedia says about CBD:
"It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver. Medically, it appears to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea."
also describes to have a "sedative quality"

So if this is the case, why does indica cause "Couch-lock" when sativa's have a higher THC:CBD ratio (apparently)? Sedative quality? I thought it was non psychoactive?

I still want some numbers and percentages on pure indica's

--------------------
----------------

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
    #6407198 - 12/29/06 04:15 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

It is impossible to exact numbers but estimates..
There are so many environmental and growth variables that affect the grow of the plant, thus also the measurements and end results may shift. (hydro/soil, how many days of flowering, lighting, nutrients..)

Quote:

So if this is the case, why does indica cause "Couch-lock" when sativa's have a higher THC:CBD ratio (apparently)? Sedative quality? I thought it was non psychoactive?

Am I missing the point or what but here goes..

Sativa's higher THC:CBD ratio means that there is more THC and less CBD in comparison.
It is possible for an Indica to have more THC(percentage) but at the same time it is impossible(?) for indica to have a higher THC:CBD ratio, meaning that there is larger amounts of CBD in Indica.

So if indica has a higher THC percentage and lower THC:CBD ratio it means it has even more CBD (in comparison to Sativa), thus acting more sedative like. Locks you onto the couch.

edit: I'm getting confused now, hard to explain

Edited by astraalialma (12/29/06 04:28 AM)

Offlinepscyanescens
The Raindancer
Male User Gallery

Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: astraalialma]
    #6408690 - 12/29/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

astraalialma said:
It is impossible to exact numbers but estimates..
There are so many environmental and growth variables that affect the grow of the plant.........

It is possible for an Indica to have more THC(percentage) but at the same time it is impossible(?)

I know that every plants THC:CBD contents are determined by the grower, and every plant is an individual. I could grow some Jack Herer and if i water it once every 12 days and never add fertilizer... i probably wont be getting what MR.Jack like to brag about.

Also THC percentages are posted often by commercial growers and can be obtained.
http://www.salvia-divinorum-supplies.co.uk/products.php?id=12

I have read studies where they give 3 examples of pure indicas and three examples of pure sativa. All chemicals were recognized (THC:CBD:CBN) with an accurate percentage for each chemical posted. How do they get these numbers? I am not saying all these plants were grown by the same person or in the same environments, under the same conditions. They shouldn't b/c sativas and indicas should be cared for differently. But does this make this study inaccurate. I a m sure it does to a certain point, but for the most part, the numbers were similar ( at least in the ratio )

- Does anyone have cannabis growers guide deluxe??? This was the source of the study i just mentioned.

- I agree it is not impossible ( its up to the grower )

--------------------
----------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6427204 - 01/05/07 07:26 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Again excuse me for not knowing anything about pot, but isnt THC produced by the plant to protect it from UV rays? Therefore the stronger the UV rays the more THC produced?? Smack me if that is simplistic...

--------------------

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6427239 - 01/05/07 08:00 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yes it could be that simple.

There was a thread in Overgrow.com that was about UV-a/b/c-bulbs and discussion about UV positive effect to THC percentage of plant.

Edited by astraalialma (01/05/07 08:10 AM)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Please!! THCd dispute Indica & Sativa [Re: astraalialma]
    #6427329 - 01/05/07 08:43 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Indica = really nugged rock hard and dark (typical). Down stoned high.

Sativa = really airy, light, light colored, puffy, green. (typical). Up energetic high.

Potency varries plant to plant. Sativa's will have a light fresh smell usually. A lot of pure-ish sativa's arn't bred for potency (too trippy of a high) but instead are bred for their TYPE of high (ex. Kali Mist). 

I donno if sun protection is the SOLE purpose for making THC, but I do know grow rooms with UV lights in them get a HELLUVA lot more resin on their plants.  :grin:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies