Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJames007
Grower

Loc: Paradise, South America
Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparison
    #6397799 - 12/22/06 09:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

i´m sending some pictures for peoples who love this amazing plants and want to know more about caapi.
The pictures are taken in my farm, where i grow some strains of caapi and psychotrias.
Here i will try to show the differences of the strains.

Banisteriopsis caapi starting to flower:

Here you can see the B. caapi Tucunaca strain base:

Tucunaca strain steam:

Tucunaca flowers:

Banisteriopsis caapi Caupuri strain base:

Caupuri steam:

Caupuri flowers:

Banisteriopsis caapi producing seeds:

Banisteriopsis caapi harvest seeds:

Inside look of viable caapi seeds:

Banisteriopsis caapi seed sprouts:

And here is some pictures of a grandfather caapi (10+ year old):

And here pictures of real Psychotria viridis (not P. alba or P. carthaginensis sold as viridis by some us stores on ebay):

Some pictures of Psychotria alba (rainha branca, more purgent than viridis and only about 60% potency of viridis):

Psychotria alba leaf cutting:

Psychotria alba / Psychotria viridis comparison:

Psychotrias garden:

I hope i helped some peoples with this pictures.

cYa

Edited by James007 (12/27/06 10:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: James007]
    #6397858 - 12/22/06 09:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Great pictures, I think I saw them on the aya forums.

Would love a giant caapi web like that, though it's surely not possible where I live. Still, would be nice to have a few smaller vines going.

The viridis farm looks nice as well. :smile: Which country are you in?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineJames007
Grower

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6398022 - 12/22/06 10:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

yes, they are the same pictures that i post on aya forum :smile:
I´m in Brazil :smile:
I will take some pictures of some plants that i grow soon (psychotrias, catha, argyreia, and more)

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: James007]
    #6398220 - 12/22/06 11:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oi James!
Very nice plants, the seeds you sent me are all sprouting, check out my Baby caapi post. Thanks a lot for them! :smile:
BTW is that a viridis strain OURINHOS or PAJEZINHO?

FH

OfflineJames007
Grower

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: felixhigh]
    #6400352 - 12/23/06 10:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi FH,

sounds good that the caapi seeds that i sent to you are germinating well.
I think that you made a mistake. The strains of chacruna that i know is: caboclinha (rainha preta), setinha, alba (rainha branca) and caneluda.
Ourinhos and Pajezinho are strains of caapi. Ourinhos looks like Tucunaca and Pejezinho looks like Caupuri.

:smile:

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #6400734 - 12/24/06 12:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You´re right! My mistake, is that viridis a Caboclinha variety?

FH

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6401539 - 12/24/06 11:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Those are breathtaking photos, especially the one that shows more knots and more vines than any other I've seen before.

Two points of interest:
- Have you pointed out the potential species/genus issue to vendors that are not intentionally scamming their customers?

- Would you kindly contribute some grow tips in the sticky thread "How to grow..." at the top of this forum?

:peyotespectrum:  :peyotespectrum: 

OfflineJames007
Grower

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: World Spirit]
    #6401626 - 12/24/06 12:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

i´m not saying bad thinks about the seedbanks, i know many reputable seedbanks that are selling good caapi seeds. But the most problem is because caapi seeds lost they viability very fast. The best is plant within 1 to 3 mounths after harvest. They can stay viable for no more than 8 to 10 mounths.
The Caupuri and Pajezinho are the more potent strains that i have tried, for experienced users, very purging effects. Ourinhos and Tucunaca are really good too, strong but less purgent.
Yes, i will take now some pictures of alba / viridis in my garden.
Soon i will post some information about germinating caapi seeds and the pictures of the psychotrias.

OfflineJames007
Grower

#6401752 - 12/24/06 01:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

i just posted some new pictures in the beginning of this post. Check now :wink:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6401798 - 12/24/06 02:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

While I have you to talk with, I'd like to venture into some more questions, perhaps stuff that most people including myself have no details on.

- There are several strains of caapi available. Three stand out in my mind because they involve color: 1. Black vine 2. Red vine 3. White vine.
Do you happen to have an idea about why the colorization occurs and if it relates to one of the active ingredients in the vine?

- What parts of the United States and Canada do you think both caapi and viridis would grow well in outdoors?

- Can you give a somewhat personal anecdote about the power in purging and what exactly is getting purged from the stomach and or colon, etc?

Thanks.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: World Spirit]
    #6401802 - 12/24/06 02:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The species comparison of psychotria leaves is valuable. Good photos. Hopefully other sites will capture some of the info being shared here.

OfflineJames007
Grower

#6401868 - 12/24/06 02:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

thanks. I hope it help some peoples identifying your plants.
I´m sending some pictures of others Ethnobotanical plants that i also grow.

Argyreia nervosa (Hawaiian strain) 1 to 1,5 years old:

Catha edulis 1 year old seedling:

Some Cactus seedlings:

Oncidium cebolleta, the only know hallucinogenic orchid:

Flowered Lophophora williamsii:

And here just kidding:
Wonder woman (???):

Soon i post more pictures :smile:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#6401917 - 12/24/06 03:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well i now think my viridis are alba!

OfflineJames007
Grower

#6401933 - 12/24/06 03:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
While I have you to talk with, I'd like to venture into some more questions, perhaps stuff that most people including myself have no details on.

- There are several strains of caapi available. Three stand out in my mind because they involve color: 1. Black vine 2. Red vine 3. White vine.
Do you happen to have an idea about why the colorization occurs and if it relates to one of the active ingredients in the vine?

- What parts of the United States and Canada do you think both caapi and viridis would grow well in outdoors?

- Can you give a somewhat personal anecdote about the power in purging and what exactly is getting purged from the stomach and or colon, etc?

Thanks.

1 - Here is dificult to say because here in Brazil we label caapi different than in Peru or other countries. Normally they label looking the color of the brew (black, red, yellow, white...). Here we label according the botanical characteristics of the vine, only Ourinhos strain is label about the color of the brew.
I really don´t know if the color is because the different concentration of active ingredients.

2 - I don´t know, but caapi and viridis need warm condition in order to grow well. I don´t think if it survive freezing temperatures. In the South of Brazil where sometimes it around 0 Celcius, it grow but with a low grow rate.

3 - Here normally the shamans here say that when your are purging, you are purging the bad vibes, the bad quemical components of body, cleaning the body and the blood. I don´t know why Caupuri and Pajezinho is more purgent, maybe because it is more potent or maybe because the concentration of the tannins in the vine.

OfflineJames007
Grower

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6401937 - 12/24/06 03:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Corporal Kielbasa said:
Well i now think my viridis are alba!

Don´t cry man, alba is really good too. It grow much faster then viridis, is much more easy to root leaf, but is about 60% of viridis.
But how it grow MUCH MUCH faster, it is a good option :wink:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6402001 - 12/24/06 03:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you for taking time to reply to the questions. Once again, beautiful photos, especially the peyote.

Please share a tale with me regarding a session with a shaman and either the cactus or the aya. I'd love to read a short or highly detailed version of an experience.

OfflineJames007
Grower

#6402048 - 12/24/06 03:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi man,

Thanks again :smile:
Here is not easy to found trichocereus / lophophora cactus. Normally nobody know anythink here. I only know 3 or 4 friends here in Brazil that grow Trichocereus :frown:
Sorry, but for me is dificult to write experiences because i´m not good in english. My english is very poor :frown:
Sometimes i don´t understand what the people are trying to say :|

Happy Christmas for all growers of the forum :wink:

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#6404244 - 12/28/06 11:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Very nice pictures! The one of the caapi with all the knots in it is amazing indeed.

Had to post so I could easily refer back to this wonderful thread.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: truffleupagus]
    #6404457 - 12/28/06 12:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

The p. Viridis do seem a bit slow. And after this post I can indeed confirm it's what I have. Wouldn't mind a faster, though weaker, addition to the garden though.

Nice to see you around, Enter.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineJames007
Grower

Re: Banisteriopsis caapi flowering, producing seeds and seed sprouting, with strain comparation [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6404500 - 12/28/06 12:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Truffeupagus :smile:

Koala: Yes, the P. viridis is really much more slow grow then P. alba.
It can grow double or triple than viridis grow :smile: Really fast... I have some P. alba that are 1+ years old and they are more then 1,40 meters.
Booth P. alba / viridis like shade. I have some growing under the sun, but it grow slow and the leaves are much smaller..
-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom