Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes
    #6376350 - 12/16/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

1st question:
Where do you put a ultrasonic in a grow closet 4 shelf type deal?? Like what shelf do most people do it? Ive searched most posts and most people choose the bottom but why not the top wouldn't it disperse the ultrasonic fog better?

I am going to run it on a timer inside the GC maybe 10-15 mins 6 x daily (every 4
hours) unless someone has a better idea other than an expensive cyclestat timer.

2nd queston:
Someone recommend cutting holes in the grow closet for air exchange? Should a filter be used for this and what is recommended?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Loc: Deep...
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6376416 - 12/16/06 10:39 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

People put a coolmist on the bottom shelf but i wouldn't recommend an ultrasonic inside a grow tent.

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good"

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: Helltick]
    #6376817 - 12/16/06 01:36 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Why not? If used sparingly with timer it would be a great addition.

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6376948 - 12/16/06 02:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Cuz they make the environment within the tent "SO" humid i'm sure it would fuck up the ultrasonic.

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

OfflineStopGo
NothinShakin.....
Male

Loc: A Long Stange Trip
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: Helltick]
    #6377385 - 12/16/06 05:20 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

What Heltick said, it will ruin the ultra sonic if it is inside the greenhouse.

--------------------

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: StopGo]
    #6377396 - 12/16/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

the ultra sonic is not necessary i have a cool mist that runs 15 min every hour and it is more than enough and i have to shorten the times the more casing trays i put in the Martha because they give lots of humidity

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: royer]
    #6377413 - 12/16/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

royer9864 said:
the ultra sonic is not necessary i have a cool mist that runs 15 min every hour and it is more than enough

:thumbup: :thumbup:

InvisibleHelltick
Player
 User Gallery

Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: royer]
    #6377422 - 12/16/06 05:36 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the ultra sonic is not necessary

I don't think you would say that if you actually ran an ultrasonic...its amazing how much they thrive and grow off that fog.

Its a Very good tool.

--------------------
  My Agar Tek. 
  My Greenhouse Tek. 

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6377443 - 12/16/06 05:45 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well I never ran an ultrasonic in my greenhouse so I just know that it isn't needed o grow,I have hard of people getting good results with one,Who knows maybe I will get one sometime in the future when I set a greenhouse again at but it to the test for myself,Where in the greenhouse should I put it,It seem is would oversaturate everything if I but it on the top shelf and it seems the fog would roll down and do nothing if I put it on the bottom,What to your recommend hell tic,You are the one who wrote that kick ass greenhouse tek but pumping it into the greenhouse from the outside isn't an option for me so where would you put it if you were me

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Blutjager]
    #6377517 - 12/16/06 06:15 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: ]
    #6377594 - 12/16/06 06:55 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frequency said:
When searching ebay or other online shops, what keywords are more appropriate for an "indoor greenhouse?"

I read martha, grow closet, personal closet, etc...

Any deals going on right now? :mushroom2:

Here ya go http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Tier-Mini-Portable-GREENHOUSE-Green-Grow-Hot-House_W0QQitemZ280061408829QQihZ018QQcategoryZ42153QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: Blutjager]
    #6378701 - 12/17/06 06:26 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Everyones fear of oversaturation too high RH could answered by simply adjusting digital timer settings my timer adjusts in one minute intervals with 6 events a day MAX.

I searched some of the posts relating to ultrasonics again and I've read nothing of them failing because of being inside a GC or high humidity environment so why is the consensus my ultrasonic will fail inside the GC?

Originally I was going to modify the ultrasonic to go into the GC but I've decided first off I'll try the ultrasonic simply in the GC since modifications to ultrasonics are timely and seem to cause failures more than letting them operate in the configuration they are manufactured for.

Anyways I just setup my timer to run 5 mins every 4 hours and it's going in today now back to my original question. WHAT SHELF TO PUT THE ULTRASONIC ON?

Also my second question regarding air exchange holes in the GC - I was going to make about 8 in the 4-tier GC and then add more if needed (easier to add then take away I'm sure). What type of filter material if ANY is recommended for this application?

Please try to answer my specific questions I have already got plenty of general cultivation advice from varying related topics in the archives. Thanks.

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
    #6382689 - 12/18/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so I've been running ultrasonic 24 hours now and 5 mins every 4 hours is working great so far.

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes *DELETED* [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6382690 - 12/18/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by RogerRabbit

Reason for deletion: double post

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6382786 - 12/18/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

There is no consensus that running a humidifier inside a greenhouse will cause it to fail because it's untrue.

Since the mist from a humidifier shoots upward, it only makes sense to put it on the bottom of the greenhouse so that the mist shoots up into the fruiting environment. If you put it near the top, it would shoot into the walls or ceiling causing condensation and drips.

I still stand by the advice to use a coolmist rather than an ultrasonic, but it's your choice.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6383078 - 12/18/06 12:48 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well.. good thing is I've got a coolmist running the GC right next to it should be great to compare results.

The ultrasonic is on the 3rd down from the top (of 4 shelves). I watched the mist and found this to be the best shelf since it sinks as well and then I can ensure it's reaching the top.

Nobody really wants to tackle the air exchange question?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6383483 - 12/18/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You don't need a filter on your air exchange holes. Also, the more holes the better since you have excess humidification ability. I'd cut a slit or two the entire vertical length, with holes in addition near the top and bottom so you have constant exchange and circulation.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Re: Ultrasonic location in grow closet & grow closet air exchange holes [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6384474 - 12/18/06 08:21 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks RR... All done tonight... I have a oscillating fan in the closet that should help air movement. I'll post some results favorable or not.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6384578 - 12/18/06 08:44 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Just don't let it dry out. With all that air exchange and fan, it will take some tweaking with your timers, but you should be able to maintain humidity without excess dripping. Use trays of perlite to catch drips and return them to the air as humidity.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
    #6384707 - 12/18/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

All set... I built custom drip trays with 2x4's lined with heavy plastic as a drip tray with perlite on top of the plastic lining.  (I've followed many of your suggestions now and in the past, loved straw logs)  I've been conservative on cutting air exchange holes as it is easier to add more than remove them :smile: 

Really screw using tupperwear lids or some crap for a drip tray I built a great one for around $4 given that I own a few basic tools used to build it.  At first I thought I could have a GC without a reasonable drip tray... That was a mistake.

Thanks again I'll keep you updated.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies