Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Trusted Cultivator
Dunking, Air Bubbles?! couple questions please...
    #6375228 - 12/15/06 08:31 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Ok i have a couple questions, 3 jars were birthed straight out of the jar double end cased and put into FC, two jars went for dunking.

One of the jars (A) i dunked was a fluffy bright white dense fully colonized cake (you have the idea) no substrate was noticable at all, but the other cake (B) might have lacked nutrients for the mycelia growth was a little thinner "ropey" and a small amount of the verm was still noticable through the mycelium. After looking at the cakes this morning i notice cake A was still white as could be and looked a lot more poofy (lookin good), but i noticed the other cake seems to have a ton of tiny little bubbles all over it, and its not nearly as white as the other one. Im kinda scared to put it into FC with all my other cakes, think i should just fruit this one separately and see what happens, or is this common?

Also, how do i rinse the cakes after takin them out of dunk, or should i just roll into dry verm right after dunk? tyvm peep

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleesdfsfd
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dunking, Air Bubbles?! couple questions please... [Re: large_dose]
    #6375477 - 12/15/06 10:01 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

if you fear for contamination, defiantly fruit it separate.

Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dunking, Air Bubbles?! couple questions please... [Re: esdfsfd]
    #6375944 - 12/16/06 02:36 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

ok well basically after the dunk i placed it into its own small 1 gal terranium to fruit away from the others. All the other cakes have a strong mushroom smell to them but those were the fully colonized ones... the ropey one kinda turned out different.

The cake in the single 1 gal terranium is kinda bitter or sour smelling when you open up the container and take a big whiff, im not sure if its a contam on the cake or from the cake not being colonized enough during the dunk, but i've also read posts saying that the verm can give kinda a funky smell if its not completely colonized. should i leave it a while and see what happens, what do you guys think?

Offlineetam
it's a hobby...
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: East Coast
Re: Dunking, Air Bubbles?! couple questions please... [Re: large_dose]
    #6375948 - 12/16/06 02:42 AM (17 years, 4 months ago)

You shouldn't birth cakes that aren't completely colonized, so definitely put those in a separate FC. After you dunk you can go ahead and roll it in dry verm. You'll find the verm sticks really well right after a dunk. Then give them a quick misting before you put them in the FC.

I'd say let that cake go another day and see if the smell gets worse or if you start to see some funny colors on it. If it was me I'd just throw it out, but I can tell you really want to salvage it if you can.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Dunking, Air Bubbles?! couple questions please... [Re: etam]
    #6377219 - 12/16/06 04:13 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

Keep a CLOSE eye on it,my guess is that it belongs in the trash already since you said it smells funny,Don't risk letting it ruin the rest of your grow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract