Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChief Ill Eagle
journeyman
Loc: Thai
The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever
    #637122 - 05/20/02 01:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

THE has struggled in recent months. An employee at the private mail box place Hawk uses was pilfering mail. Other totally unrelated businesses were victemized as well. Hawk was the one that caused the perps capture, as the mounting volume of complaints about unfilled orders and some slit open envelopes clued him. Family matters of a grave nature played themselves out at the same time. The backup was overwhelming. Hawk was forced to deal with family first.THE is the premier spore slinger on the web, and the strongest supporter of the Shroomery over the years. Hawk has never ripped off or scammed anyone. He has always made good, more than good, on fuckups in the past. He is wading through the mountains of letters/email. You have or will hear from him shortly. A public announcement will follow. Please don't inundate him with email and post endless flames. He has to clean up the mess in logical order. He will come through. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger, here to report the changes/improvements made to better serve the community. The recent troubles have dramatically exposed the weaknesses that already existed in the bussiness. Friends have been telling Hawk for more than a year to get some help, as order flow grew. He insisted that he could handle it, and that customers liked his personal service, and that he liked doing it. Timely shipping suffered when he was gone. Don't assume that all his "vacations" were for play. He has been insturmental in the advancement of the hobby, such as the introduction of filter patch spawn bags, now widely copied by other vendors. Now THE introduces antibiotics in all 16 strains of cubie syringes currently in stock. Don't always blame Hawk for every little delay. His suppliers are a headstrong and cantankerous lot, and they are subject to the vagaries of biology. There is a failure rate in biology, folks.Still, there's no excuse for slow deliveries. Consequently, Hawk has been promoted to Pharaoh for life, and orders are now being filled by mere mortals. Orders are shipped twice a week without fail, and have been for the past month. Orders from 3 to 4 weeks ago were possibly delayed slightly because of the changeover to antibiotics. Fresh syringes work best, so some short delays may occur occasionally in individual strains. Hawk will handle coorespondance as before, once he clears up the old business.Another minor problem has been Hawks tendancy to preannounce things. He's passionate, exuberant about the hobby, and sometimes gets carried away. When inevitable delays occur, time and effort are wasted answering lots of "when's it gonna be ready" questions. Future announcements will be like this one, after the fact, and only when the changes are allready in place.The website does not yet reflect these improvements. Hawk will deal with that after he first settles the complaints stemming from the mail box fiasco and his forced absence.Hawks suppliers and friends have rallied around him thru these troubles. So just who the hell am I to be telling this stuff. I'm a humble myco ecologist, doing field work in SE Asia on the dung/pasture loving mushrooms. Specifically, capturing commercially viable strains of a delicious new edible in the genus Macrolepiota from the wild. This mushroom shares the common name "het khi kwai", or buffalo shit mushroom, with Psilocybe cubensis, and two species of deadly Amanitas. Capturing and sending spores of excectional cubies is my connection to Hawk. I'm not a principal of THE, so I have volunteered to make these announcements. Given my aversion to early announcements, when can you expect to see the "fruits" of my endeavors? 3 or 4 months after I perfect my rainmaking tech.

--------------------
Chief Ill Eagle, last of the geoducks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: Chief Ill Eagle]
    #637164 - 05/20/02 03:03 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I dont have anything against Ryche, but if you do a search of old newsgroup posts on alt.mushroom and others you will see he has had these same problems as far back as 98.

--------------------

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #637256 - 05/20/02 05:06 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

do we need to kindle old fires-why wont ryche answer my emails-

lol-
i wonder ?

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#637261 - 05/20/02 05:14 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Chief

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinehumplok4201
shroomgod! ye yo
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #637835 - 05/20/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ryche what about my 4 prints ive been wating for 3 months?
pm, me

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #638055 - 05/20/02 03:27 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I believe this is the macrolepiota species that the Chief speaks well of.

I photographed these with a stupid fugi instamatic camera in 1989, thus the poor qquality of lighting.

Here are eight images in a few posts below of my ind at ban Lipa Yai, Kon Samui.

The image below is in the fields at ban Lipa Yai.

Andas my eyesI first saw this mushroom from afar I thought to myself, "What a friggin big ass cubensis that is."

So I circles around it as a cat stalking its prey and I slowly moved in for the kill.

That was when I realized that it apparently was a large Lepiota. Similar to ones I had observed several muslim women carrying on their way home to their stilted palm thatched roofed houses in the rice paddies for this would soon be their dinner.

I picked the shroom and began to carry it and then I laid it down and walked backwards to take another shot at it from afar.

See next post for rest of images.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #638089 - 05/20/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This is really strange, I just posted he first of four images from Koh Samui of the Macrolepiota the Chief was refering to and now they are not anywhere here.

Here is the second of the images . Maybe they will appear/

Mj

So I found this giant mushroom and here ae four more images to show you just how huge it really was and there are ones even bigger than this.

And here is the musrhoom next to my nine inch foot and ten inch shoes.

Sorry the caps were not more to their color, sort of a light creamy white.

mj

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: mjshroomer]
    #638261 - 05/20/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

once again mj, very well done!
too bad you dont offer your forays anymore

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

OfflineHotDamn

Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: ChromeCrow]
    #638454 - 05/20/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i just recieved a couple of syringes from Hawk, in record time too...about a week and a half after mailing. Im sure he will sort things out as fast as he can...
as for me, i always have and always will stick to the hawks eye for spores.
peace

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: SouthernGent]
    #638741 - 05/21/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

SouthernGent, we have never had a problem with stolen mail or missing orders. So feel free to do that search because you wont find anything of this nature. We get complaints from being slow from time to time and that is about it. Right now we have a few people mad at us because their orders were stolen by a thief.
I'm doing my best to be fair and reasonable about this and get those customers happy again.
The amount of happy and satisified customers far exceeds the few that are upset with us posting here right now.
Nuff said.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinecujo7999
Space Monkey

Loc: USA; Home of "The Man"
    #640978 - 05/22/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Too late, customer lost.

--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

OfflineHawkeyes
Stranger
    #640997 - 05/22/02 08:15 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

How do we find out whether our orders have been stolen? Will they be replaced?

OfflineStampede
Vet. Shroomerite!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #641027 - 05/22/02 08:48 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

well i'am one of those customers .. i recieved an email back saying if didn't recieve by march10 email you back and i have about 4 time now since with no replys please check your email .. sent all previous replys with it so you know i'am not lying you sent me the emial .. one with no replys since and no restitution

I'am leaving the above but am writing a rebutle .. Ryche Hawk Has gotton ahold of me becuase of this Post and have worked things out he searched through his email and found all of mine .. i guess if you have emailed him also try PM you might have a better response.. Not saying that i'am totally happy but somewhat satisfied to be getting what sent my money for .. Late i guess is better then nothing .. but time can never be replace .. This was my first order i've made concerning Mushrooms so it put a damper on things for quite a while Got to say thank out to Ralphster44 and the FSR .. who i ended up getting my first print from ! And a few other people who have helped me out since all these matters happend But for Ryche Hawk I do have to say thanks for taking the time today to research my order and comfirn my emails and for getting my product sent out .. Guess what i have to say is You need to bring some Attention to a problem to get it corrected
But thanks Hawk for corecting this one!

Thanks again Hawk Recieved em today 5-28-02 Nice big dark prints! So much don't know what to use first the Card or the Bag the card was in .. Like i said thanks for fixing This one.

--------------------
Stampede                     
Hunting the Hills and Pastures

FAPA - Member Since  5-18-02

Mobile Grow Journel RV
Trade List

Edited by Stampede (05/28/02 09:23 AM)

OfflineSir_Trippus
Stranger
    #641826 - 05/23/02 12:04 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

hawk will you please e-mail me

i ordered over sixs weeks ago you have told me a couple of times my order was going out but i don't have it

I have e-mailed you numerous times in the last two week with no response

What is going on!!!

please respond, Auraka782@aol.com

--------------------
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: Sir_Trippus]
    #641858 - 05/23/02 12:29 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hello,

I too have been experiencing a delay with a cambodian syringe i ordered. It has been about 5 to 6 weeks since i placed my order. It went out right about the same time all this crap started happening, with stolen mail and all.

I have just been waiting this whole thing out. Hawk seems like a reasonable vendor and a very good one at that. I have been patient and i really have no other choice, but i would like some kind of response or update. I would appreciate that.

I did send a money order, and it was filled out to ryche, but that was what was stolen wasnt it? money orders?

however comma

i did get some spores from the FSR in the mean time....

boy it sure was nice to have that "safety net"

-outdoorhaze

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Offlinecamel
old hand

#642131 - 05/23/02 04:07 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"He has been insturmental in the advancement of the hobby, such as the introduction of filter patch spawn bags, now widely copied by other vendors."

LMAO!

you silly guy, filter patch spawn bags were around LONG before Ryche was even growing mushrooms!

what do you have to say about the incident where ryche was having hash illegally imported to the same address that his customers' orders were sent to a few years back? that was a doooooozy!

camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: camel]
    #642615 - 05/24/02 01:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Oh look, it's the broken record.....

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: 3DSHROOM]
    #642616 - 05/24/02 01:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

broken record maybe, but truthful. problem after problem and excuse after excuse since 98. I have nothing at all against Hawk and he seems to be a nice guy but the truth is the truth.

--------------------

Offlinecamel
old hand

Re: The Hawk's Eye, back on track, better than ever [Re: SouthernGent]
    #644606 - 05/25/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

thanks SG...

repetetive, tho it may be, it is the truth...

3d: did you enjoy the lunch mommy packed for you today maybe we can hang out tonight if mommy lets you borrow her car

you silly el33t h4xor you

be well
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
    #647151 - 05/27/02 04:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Gonna make it all ok huh...I'm one of those that was told that it would be too hard to fill my order because I might be fibbing about ever ordering in the first place...of course there was the month of unanswered emails before the discovery of the theft and ahh fuck it, anybody that orders from you in the future is a fool and I personally wish you would just go away.

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria