Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSqueeky
?? Even Temps with Heating Pad ??
    #636983 - 05/19/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I have gotten everything I need in order to attempt my first cultivation. I also purchased a heating pad, that is the same size as the tupperware, I will be keeping my jars in. I also got a fish tank temp gauge. I turned the pad on and attempted it read the temps, so I would know what setting gave me 80 degrees. Well it seems the temp inside the tupperware, didn't raise much at all, but the bottom was very warm. I was wondering if there is a method in order to reach even heat, or if the bottom being warmer will casue a problem in the future. Please let me know your guy's input.

Thank You
Squeeky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMushroom_Madness
enthusiast
Loc: Quaint New England Villag...
Re: ?? Even Temps with Heating Pad ?? [Re: Squeeky]
    #637154 - 05/20/02 02:42 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"Poster: Squeeky
Subject: Re: ?? Even Temps with Heating Pad ??

I have gotten everything I need in order to attempt my first cultivation. I also purchased a heating pad, that is the same size as the tupperware, I will be keeping my jars in. I also got a fish tank temp gauge. I turned the pad on and attempted it read the temps, so I would know what setting gave me 80 degrees. Well it seems the temp inside the tupperware, didn't raise much at all, but the bottom was very warm. I was wondering if there is a method in order to reach even heat, or if the bottom being warmer will casue a problem in the future. Please let me know your guy's input.

Thank You
Squeeky"

I would recommend using a sumersable fish tank heater. The heating pad will dry out your substrate.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: ?? Even Temps with Heating Pad ?? [Re: Squeeky]
    #637649 - 05/20/02 09:57 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I just hate seeing people use heating pads!!!!

One of these days someone is going to have a fire!!!

Please use a submersible aquarium heater for the incubation chamber.

and use a regular aquarium heater in a bottle for the fruiting chamber if you need extra heat in there....usually only in the winter.

I'd hate to see someone die in a fire from using a heating pad!!!!

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate