Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexburn
V card
Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by
    #6367027 - 12/13/06 05:42 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well, about a week ago i was pretty stoned and decided to reasearch Wiki's. A week later i have created Mushroomwiki.com and as of right now it is bare of information and ready for you to give your input. A wiki thrives on people making contributions, so whatever you have please post it here. If you have any suggestions on orginization please post it on this thread or PM me. Also if you would like to be a Mod on this wiki PM me. Thanks

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Edited by xburn (12/13/06 05:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: xburn]
    #6367232 - 12/13/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Silly me i had the categories set-up wrong. They should be correct now. Any advice or reccomendations as of yet?

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Invisiblepsilocybinocean
a healthy mind
 User Gallery

#6367281 - 12/13/06 06:41 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Count me in.

so what are we doin?

--------------------
We got the power, yeah! motherfuckers it's where it belongs.

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: psilocybinocean]
    #6367304 - 12/13/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Compiling all the knowledge in the world.... On mushrooms. For some the forum style of knowledge compilation is difficult to navigate and a wiki is much more visual and easier. I am one of those people whihc is why i want to work on this. The way this works is simple, go to the site got to a category and create a new article. I will be typing up a short tutaorial later tonight on how this is done in more detail. Until then i suggest reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Starting_a_new_page

--------------------

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #6367914 - 12/13/06 09:00 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a good idea. It is quite a hodgepodge here...

I think you should implement a forum somehow. It would help stimulate the site by adding community.

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: Terillius]
    #6368376 - 12/13/06 10:48 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

you make a good point, i think i will be implementing a forum in the next few days, however the aim of it will be to further recording of data not necessarily the community we have here. I would hate to steal people from this place, although i dont think i could. I just want to create a detailed record of what we have learned here.

--------------------

Offlinekinrui
連邦捜査
Male User Gallery

Loc: 地獄
    #6368961 - 12/14/06 02:01 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Why not just continue to use this place as the community and that as reference? I support your idea of a wiki shroom site in any way I can. Good luck.

--------------------
((-Live with passion-))

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: kinrui]
    #6368998 - 12/14/06 02:27 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah i am definatley going to continue my contributuions to this community. this is where i started and where i will stay, i just want to compile this information in another form of orginization than a forum. Also its better that someone knwoledgeable take on this project rather than some random dude who will create a wiki full of misinformation. This project is a big one and the best thing you can do to support it is write an article or two.

--------------------

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

#6369158 - 12/14/06 05:28 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

The more knowledgeable forums/wiki's around the better, :thumbup:

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

Offlinetihkalpihkal
captain insano
Male User Gallery

Loc: The basement of the alamo
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: MustardMan]
    #6369298 - 12/14/06 06:50 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i completely believe in the first ammendment, however certain information children under 18 shouldnt have. They tend to over do everything like eat 20 xanax and snort 4 gangsta lines of coke and then eat some of there home cultivated mushrooms and they od on there xanax. Then mom and dad cry and think something needs to be done to stop this and we need to protect our hoodrat children from the big bad evil internet. So is there anyway to age verify the wiki.

--------------------
Was the lockness monster in fact Jack the Ripper?

InvisibleLosAngelesGraff
Ca Shroomite
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Califas
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: psilocybinocean]
    #6369330 - 12/14/06 07:05 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

this site should have extencive information on strains also !!!

well that was cool i entered a strain and it wasnt their so it gave me the option of creating the page.lol that dope.

--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Edited by LosAngelesGraff (12/14/06 07:07 AM)

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
    #6369438 - 12/14/06 08:08 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

How does moderation work? I really like the sound of a Wiki where information is separated from opinion. If you read several forums on the same subject, you find that each has it's own bias. Bias and truth aren't friends. The beauty of wikipedia.org is that you can look up "anal sex" and get the same unbiased, journalistic description that you would find under "Dogs," or "Canada". Each to his own and don't step on anyone's toes.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: Terillius]
    #6369723 - 12/14/06 09:59 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

first off shroomery tried a wiki system for a while... its obsolete now, the recent updates to the community portion of the site have all the info you could possibly need, while i'm all for a site that knows everything about mushrooms, why bother with a new one this place has everything a wiki could and more...plus with wiki you cannot guarentee the info is accurate then somebody disputes the info, then somebody changes it, then its changed back to what it originally said. with the shroomery what has been generally accepted by the muhroom cultivation, using and hunting communities is put into an all knowing database we like to call the FAQ, theres also the archive, where you can see really great ideas and walkthroughs on projects.... theres also the mycodirectory in the archive while not quite as useful contains some great links and documents within the shroomery... if you already are here why do you need another place for mushroom info, theres always mycotopia... I'm all for turning people onto cultivating and how to do it right, but the truth is more how to grow magic mushroom sites, will only create more stupid kids growing mushrooms... which will only give us a bad name when the kid gets caught and says to mommy, daddy and the judge i learned to grow mushrooms online... then your wiki gets shut down, mycotopia the shroomery etc...if somebody cares enough to start and needs info to begin, its hard not to find this place...

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #6370817 - 12/14/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

the wiki moderation is community based, although we have 2 mods right ow that are very knowledgeable and me. We will be expanding thatnumber to include probably 10 mods. The mods are who keep opinion based information out of the wiki. Age verification is something we will look into in the future, but really the best i think that will happen is on the front page saying you have to be 18 to read this informaiton. The shroomery CMS has everything someone could want to know, but i like the way a wiki is laid out better, so i created one. We are getitng mroe info up everyday, so come by and lend a hand

--------------------

OfflineMustardMan
Peace Frog
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: tihkalpihkal]
    #6371068 - 12/14/06 05:05 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tihkalpihkal said:
i completely believe in the first ammendment, however certain information children under 18 shouldnt have. They tend to over do everything like eat 20 xanax and snort 4 gangsta lines of coke and then eat some of there home cultivated mushrooms and they od on there xanax. Then mom and dad cry and think something needs to be done to stop this and we need to protect our hoodrat children from the big bad evil internet. So is there anyway to age verify the wiki.

True, but 95% the kids that are gonna be retarded like that don't bother to do any research at all... They just get told rumor after rumor of BS information from the streets- I believe that everyone should be educated on the facts.

--------------------
Wild Psilocybe Ovoideocystidiata

Cultivated Cubensis

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: MustardMan]
    #6371884 - 12/14/06 08:56 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

This forum is filled with mixed opinions and A LOT of the questions asked are always repeated. Make a "start here" guide that asks questions to determine what tek(s) are viable. For example, have a PC? talk/link to grain teks, blah blah.. no PC = what options the person has..

Just look at all the shit constantly being asked over and over; What strain do I start off with?, No PC, can I boil?, oven tek, how long does it take to see myc?, myc vs cobweb, real info on H2O2, etc..

Age verification is dumb, afterall, this is the Internet. I think the best thing to do would be to aim all the teks at growing a legal mushroom, which can just be substituted for a psilocybin species by the reader, assuming it's legal in their area.

Edited by Quake3 (12/14/06 08:59 PM)

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oklahoma
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: Quake3]
    #6372120 - 12/14/06 09:51 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Well i think its a great idea becase,, you dont want all your eggs in one basket.. some thing could happon which causes this website to close, any number of things, and having a second reposatory of information, a back up if you will is a great and wize idea

you can count on my bow :P

--------------------
At the bottom of this page is a search bar to search all the post and threads on the forum so you can see all the other 500 people who asked the same thing.use the top search too it has shroomery approved FAQs USE IT YOU CAN DO IT !

Edited by Dem_Bones (12/14/06 09:55 PM)

Invisibletakk
Stranger
Male
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: Dem_Bones]
    #6372483 - 12/14/06 11:42 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i made like an image you could use for the wikilogo if you want:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Anarchyz0r/shrum.png

:regularshroom:  :regularshroom:  :1up:  :regularshroom:  :regularshroom:

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: Mushroom Wiki opento the public, please stop by [Re: takk]
    #6382834 - 12/18/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Lots of updates have been made over the weekend. So lets keep the steam going. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this point.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder