Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineButterWeasels
Forum Lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saskatchewan
Styrofoam Monotub
    #6359967 - 12/12/06 01:04 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

so 3 nights ago, a buddy of mine gave me a styrofoam box that he was going to throw away, so I cut 4 holes in the sides, stuffed them with 100% polyester. I cut the top out and duct-taped saran wrap to the top and bottom.
I had 6 fully colonized 1/2 pint jars lying around, so I put them in a big ziploc baggie and crumbled them up from the outside. Sterilized the styrofoam box by wiping it down with rubbing alcohol. I then put the cake-pieces in there, and then threw my mixture of coco-coir/vermiculite that had been microwaved 5 minutes and cooled down in the freezer on top of the crumbled up cakes and flattened. 3 days later:

yesterday it showed mycelium growing at the top and I introduced it to the light cycle. should I patch it with more coco-coir/verm? I am planning on just letting it go unless it would be smarter to patch but iduno.

edit: well, it grew shrooms but i'll never know how much because I threw it away after enduring a very visual xanax withdrawal that made me quit all drugs for a few months until I got bored started drinkin and moved out again (stopped drinkin after i moved in tho). At least I did some really newb shit and it wasnt like a pound of them went to waste lol.

--------------------
-==Classic Cakes Log==-

Edited by ButterWeasels (10/04/07 12:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Styrofoam Monotub [Re: ButterWeasels]
    #6359986 - 12/12/06 01:14 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

You will get a better pinset if you patch but you don't have to,also be careful not to go too heavy on the coir as a casing layer or it may overlay

OfflineButterWeasels
Forum Lurker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Saskatchewan
Re: Styrofoam Monotub [Re: Blutjager]
    #6374509 - 12/15/06 03:23 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I took your advice Blutjager, and cased with a mix of about 60-70% verm to 30-40% coir. Covered the whole thing in a layera little over a half inch and theres white spots poppin up equally all over it now, instead of just in once spot :laugh:.

My casings in the FC arent doing so well lol... one only grew one big shroom ><

--------------------
-==Classic Cakes Log==-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix