Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Overall sterilization
    #634950 - 05/18/02 12:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I have seen may of wonderous things through out my journey through the Shroomery. I have read tons of stuff and laughed at the halarity of tits users....

But then why is it that I am baffled at the topic of cleanliness? It seems that the pictures posted help with this disscusion. Sometimes I see ; and then I see what hell would do I they minions decided to grow.

Sometimes I see people being supa clean, wearing gloves and masks and suits even!; and then I see folks who try and get green jelly vomit in their jars. Being a newbie I have not much say in how should do their cakes(preparing the substrate), but why do some people fail at this?

Now That I type this about being clean , I look at my setup.

**************************************************************************************

I live with cats and tryied everything to be clean and have SO FAR [knock on wood~ Honey?!]sucessful. I have a feeling that no one has a success rate. Some loose jars and some (not really sure) do Damn good.

I see pictures and sometimes wonder if I am doing this clean enough....And sometimes I just wanna be growing them HONKIN' CAPS!

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineanonymoushate

Re: Overall sterilization [Re: Penguin]
    #635208 - 05/18/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Erm, I'm having a hard time trying to decipher what your post is saying/asking. So I would have to say, the rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

--------------------
All text in the above message, expressed or implied, is fiction.

OfflinePenguin

Re: Overall sterilization [Re: anonymoushate]
    #635967 - 05/19/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I guess I'm saying there is no real succes rate. for anyone be it by over sterilization or under sterilization. But what kind of enviroment to you live in where it is so BAD(dirty, dusty, dog shit on the floor, ants in your cereal; stuff like that) , that shrooms can't grow?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Overall sterilization [Re: Penguin]
    #636100 - 05/19/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

2 for 2 in the incoherant post race.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineanonymoushate

Re: Overall sterilization [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #636510 - 05/19/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You should have a success rate even if you live in a sewage processing plant. Sterilization is the key, if you find you're having problems with contamination, make sure you sterilize the substrate sufficently, and make sure your needle is clean as well. If you're still getting contamination, try another syringe. If you get a new syringe, and you still have problems, get some filter discs. Chances are if you have sterile substrate, and a clean syringe, contamination is comming from the air, in which case the filter discs will keep anything "dirty" out.

--------------------
All text in the above message, expressed or implied, is fiction.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Overall sterilization [Re: anonymoushate]
    #637076 - 05/20/02 12:14 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Conclusion,
They have to come from somewhere, contams don't just materialize from nothingness.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Overall sterilization [Re: MAIA]
    #637708 - 05/20/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

You can grow in area like a bedroom (just keep the dirty clothes off the floor and sweep every now and again). Use boiling to sterilize jars and come out with no contams before the first or 2nd flush and usually never.

Just wipe yer hands down with alcohol before you touch cakes ect....

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePenguin

Re: Overall sterilization [Re: baraka]
    #637726 - 05/20/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you.....

The reason I actually ever ventured into this page of the Shroomery was to put forth the ideaology of being clean...

I saw some dudes pic of him and his 'operation', and he was all decked out in latex gloves and a mask on and a suit....I didn't do that!! Should I be concerned that someone was doing it correctly and clean; was I JEALOUS? ...
FUCK YEAH! -
I'm a Cancer: just gotta be .....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures