Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsilocybinocean
a healthy mind
 User Gallery

My try at quart jar screens/lids
    #6348718 - 12/08/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I'm just throwing this out in the open here, but I have a few little tweeks for my quart jars.

First off, I was having trouble soaking/draining all my rye/wbs, I probably could just buy a huge sink colander, but untill then I have came up with this:

I took a screen (out of my window actually), and placed a metal lid on top and cut around it. I did this for all of the jars I was using at the time (12).

I then added 1 cup rye, 1/2 cup WBS to each jar. I then filled all the jars up with REALLY hot water (I turned my hot water heater up allllll the way, 130 I think) I then filled each jar and continued to add water untill all floaters floated out (also probably a lot of little stuff too) Then I let sit for a few mins, shook and poured off all of the floaters. Then I plaed the screen and lid on each jar, making them look like this:

Then I let sit 20 hours, and dumped the water, (this is where the screen is kick-ass) refilled with hot water, dumped, and repeated a bit untill I believe they were all pretty clean, I then refilled, and let sit for another 2 hours. Then one more rinse (I rinse a lot, I'm a clean freak) and I turned the jars upside down on a rack. 30 mins and they were perfectly drained, then no need to put them back in jars or whatever, they are already in the jar, so all I do is add the lid/tyvek.

I cut out all of my circle-shaped tyvek for my lids, and placed a nice drop of high-temp RTV right in the middle. My lids themselves, have a nice 1/2 inch hole right in the middle (as to meed up with the gasket I made on the tyvek). This adds a good gas exchange and a very nice place to INNOC. It's like self-healing tyvek.

Looks like this:

Just replace the screen on the jars with this setup after they have drained, and add some foil, a hair band and PC.

what yall think?

--------------------
We got the power, yeah! motherfuckers it's where it belongs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My try at quart jar screens/lids [Re: psilocybinocean]
    #6348726 - 12/08/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

i like the screen idea a lot :thumbup:

on the lids though, you sure they can breathe?  it would look from here that your silicone is bigger than the hole underneath.  i'd consider putting a second hole somewhere in the metal for gas exchange.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My try at quart jar screens/lids [Re: creamcorn]
    #6348733 - 12/08/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

Bear in mind, 1 1/2 cups of grain is too much for a quart jar. Use one cup per quart or you won't have room to shake.

I'm also worried they might turn out too wet, due to the grains at the bottom of the jar not getting drained/dried enough. How fast they colonize will be the test for you though. As long as the grains look and feel dry on the surface when they go into the PC, they'll be fine.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblepsilocybinocean
a healthy mind
 User Gallery

Re: My try at quart jar screens/lids [Re: creamcorn]
    #6348759 - 12/08/06 06:06 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

well the silicone doesn't actually touch the hole, it's just kindof over it, the small layer of air between the Tyvek and the lid is enough to allow air in the lid-hole and to seep out through the tyvek, there is just the one little spot with sealant, but it's not connected, it's only OVER the hole so I can easily stick the needle in the hole (same hole for INNOC and GX)

--------------------
We got the power, yeah! motherfuckers it's where it belongs.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies